Chad

Random thought thread

18,434 posts in this topic

Yeah Discount will look them over and tell you what your options are for sure!  Ide get on that sooner than later tho, hate to be on a WOT pull and one let go.

Matt

Did some googling.

They've had side wall issues for years on high performance cars with their tires.

They have weak side walls, crack, blow out, etc.

Add that I've had to toss good front tires and replace these in sets because they're so soft when 100% new vs front's that are maybe 75% and gotten harder from weather and heat cycles, causing my stability control to go off in turns, and I won't be buying anymore of these tires. 

Time to find something better to replace them with.... 

Good luck and report back.  Ive had a set on both Mustangs now and they are so much better than the stock summer only tires they replaced that I dont have any issues with them.  Now that I run DR's at the track I dont go through rears AS often as I did before either so its all good.  There are many many many good to great tires out there so I look forward to seeing what you land on.

Ide still get with Discount and see if Conti will replace them.

Matt

Saw that on FB, sucks.  How bad is the damage?

Matt

It's driveable. Caved in on top of the quarter where the coilover is. Going today to pick up another to swap things over. My fault for not cutting it sooner. I've been saying I was going to for years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So I clicked on a Yahoo "article" showing a graph of responses to a Coronavirus poll.  The article claimed that Rs and Ds respond differently, with Ds more worried about the situation.  I didn't think much about it, and scrolled elsewhere.  I saw a "map" of the USofA that was color coded relative to the amount of cases of the virus.  Well, what do yo know, the most populated states/left leaning states, had more cases.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........I'll take off my thinking cap before I come to any conclusions....:panic:

Yup.  "Common sense"...and toilet paper hoarders.   Urgh.  What if there was a REAL problem?????????????????????????//

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

What amazes me in all this hysteria is the Tennessee Department of Knee Jerks...uhh...I mean Transportation isn't telling us to stay home.

I was hoping they would so I could go out and get a boost fix without having to worry bout traffic!

Matt

Tino likes this

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

What amazes me in all this hysteria is the Tennessee Department of Knee Jerks...uhh...I mean Transportation isn't telling us to stay home.

Hey, if TNDOT is anything like KYDOT, it's too late to separate you DOT guys, you've all been leaning on the same shovel and riding in the same 4 door dump truck* all month.  :D  

* Should be illegal.

Tino likes this

I have no clue about watches.

I notice they're getting more popular lately, especially the smart-watches. 

Ever since cell phones, I've had no use for them as the time and everything else is on the phone. :lol: 

Tino likes this

Tino, those msrp for close to $4k. 

So IMHO, it's either a typo, or a scam.

Doesn't make sense they would knock off 93% from a $4k watch. 

15 hours ago, Ashley P said:

If you've ever noticed that a helmet makes your car feel fast.....

That girl was a bobble head.... She must have no muscle at all (especially in her neck). Way to weak for that quick of a car.

Posted (edited)

Without a head restraint seat it's near impossible to keep your head in one spot. Watch the driver, he doesn't even try, he just lets the head rest against the seat. He also has a HANS device that keeps his head from diving on hard braking. I remember when I first got into road racing I didn't have a good seat or HANS and i'm sure I looked like that bobble head. It would wear you out fast! Now it's very relaxed.

Edited by Disney
JohnC likes this

35 minutes ago, Disney said:

Without a head restraint seat it's near impossible to keep your head in one spot. Watch the driver, he doesn't even try, he just lets the head rest against the seat. He also has a HANS device that keeps his head from diving on hard braking. I remember when I first got into road racing I didn't have a good seat or HANS and i'm sure I looked like that bobble head. It would wear you out fast! Now it's very relaxed.

Yeah thats not her fault at all.  Your head will bob around as it is under such loads AND not knowing when its going to happen as a passenger, put a heavy helmet on and it gets worse.  Ive never road raced but I can only imagine it would take some getting used to with my limited straight line experience with a helmet.

Matt

I had a car that ran a 9 in the 1/8.  I took a friend for a ride, he was used to going 6.30s.  I'm sure the pass bored him, and I was downshifting to slow the car.  Shortly after putting it into first gear, and probably near peak torque, I went WOT.  His head went back so fast that his ball cap landed in the back seat.