Chad

Random thought thread

18,731 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear! As hard as it is to lose someone, there's always a silver lining in losing someone that was fighting something.

JohnC likes this

Hate to hear it man.  Lost both my Grandfathers to it and its tough.  Head up tho, they live on in our memories and we will see em all again one day!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Sorry to hear John, may you and your family be comforted in the fact he is no longer suffering.

Condolences and prayers man

Edited by KNIGHT347
typo
JohnC likes this

Your car would look amazing on some of the 6th gen ZL1 wheels in black :yes:  I even like the 5th gen wheels that look similar to what you posted but the "spokes" dont come back towards each other at the barrel, they are the same distance apart all the way.

Matt

JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, Mike said:

In white to low bid government agencies and rental car companies.

My question was more rhetorical than serious.  ;)  It is my new work car.  They bought 6 of them and upon first look, I thought they were going to be decent cars.  I got mine yesterday and was immediately unimpressed.  The seat is amongst the most uncomfortable that I've ever sat in.  The road noise is almost unbearable.  The little 1.5 turbo (yes, the exhaust driven supercharger) buzzes as well as any underpowered 4 cylinder ever built.  I pulled in the driveway yesterday with 110 miles on the odometer and smoke, not steam, was coming from the grill.  Something was smoldering.  It didn't do it this morning, but it smells like something is burning.  This is the worst brand new car I have ever driven.  I like it better than the 2001 Taurus I drove for 3 years, but that car was a hand-me-down.  I can't imagine anybody pulling into a Chevrolet dealership and taking one of these cars home with them.  The car I had, which is a 2013 Dodge Avenger, with 164,000 miles on it, is 25 times better even with all those miles.  I've had two of those cars and I have no clue why they got such bad press.  They were the most reliable cars we had in our fleet.  I think I will be driving the year old 4 door Silverado a little more often.

Edited by Kevin

14 hours ago, Tino said:

I actually like it

They don't look bad.  Try driving one.  Terrible.  At least I ain't paying for it, except when I buy gas for my personal cars.

37 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Driver to be immediately unimpressed.  The seat shall be amongst the most uncomfortable that I've ever sat in.  The road noise shall be almost unbearable.  The little 1.5 turbo (yes, the exhaust driven supercharger) shall buzz as well as any underpowered 4 cylinder ever built.  Must be 90% US made.

Your purchasing department probably has the above in the bid spec.

Disney and Ashley P like this

ZL1 1LE is faster in the twisties..

Twisties track times...

ZL1 1LE 1:27.20

Shelby GT500 1:28.15

Hellcat Redeye Widebody 1:32.59

From a dig

ZL1 1LE

Shelby GT500

Hellcat Redeye Widebody

Roll Race

Hellcat Redeye Widebody

Shelby GT500

ZL1 1LE

Disney likes this

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

My question was more rhetorical than serious.  ;)  It is my new work car.  They bought 6 of them and upon first look, I thought they were going to be decent cars.  I got mine yesterday and was immediately unimpressed.  The seat is amongst the most uncomfortable that I've ever sat in.  The road noise is almost unbearable.  The little 1.5 turbo (yes, the exhaust driven supercharger) buzzes as well as any underpowered 4 cylinder ever built.  I pulled in the driveway yesterday with 110 miles on the odometer and smoke, not steam, was coming from the grill.  Something was smoldering.  It didn't do it this morning, but it smells like something is burning.  This is the worst brand new car I have ever driven.  I like it better than the 2001 Taurus I drove for 3 years, but that car was a hand-me-down.  I can't imagine anybody pulling into a Chevrolet dealership and taking one of these cars home with them.  The car I had, which is a 2013 Dodge Avenger, with 164,000 miles on it, is 25 times better even with all those miles.  I've had two of those cars and I have no clue why they got such bad press.  They were the most reliable cars we had in our fleet.  I think I will be driving the year old 4 door Silverado a little more often.

I'm baffled that the guy with a turbo'd K car fetish is not pleasured by another smokey turbo'd 4 banger budget mobile.  Jealous maybe? 

I'd bet that if you leave it's door open and it says "A door is ajar" you'd love it.  :yes:

(Kevin's ringtones below)

Edited by Ashley P
mstrpth likes this

So, any details about this new life of yours??   How old is your kid?  Weren't you buying some property/house?

BTW, sleep is totally overrated.  And so is logical thought, job performance, and....uh...ummm.....memory.