Chad

Random thought thread

18,346 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

I found out something disturbing about my wife tonight.  She doesn't like 4th gear pulls to redline.  In fact, she said she hates them.

I feel your pain.... :lol: 

66sprint6 likes this

14 hours ago, Kevin said:

I found out something disturbing about my wife tonight.  She doesn't like 4th gear pulls to redline.  In fact, she said she hates them.

Were in the same boat.  My wife gets EXTRA mad if I dont warn her for some silly reason.  I stole Peyton Manning's audible code and so she knows if I yell OMAHA to be prepared.  What usually ends up happening is I scream OMAHA as Im dropping two gears and then floor it.  She still gets mad AND she's even more startled that I screamed OMAHA out of nowhere.  She agreed to it tho so not my problem!

:lol:

Matt

gammey4 likes this

Those new Shelby Mustangs are cool and all, but I just don't think the nose looks good.  I would much rather have a regular Mustang GT.  As much as I like my Challenger 392, I have to admit the Mustang GT is probably the best bang for the buck right now.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

On 1/11/2020 at 7:20 AM, JohnC said:

Kevin only likes the 10 second mark.  lol

On 1/11/2020 at 7:20 AM, JohnC said:

Kevin likes 

Had to replace my central heat and air today.

American Standard 3.5 ton gas heat and ac.

Honeywell wall mount programmable thermostat

New return duct work

New dryer vent pipe

Repaired a torn duct

$10k :shake:

Cost more because yesterday they put a 3 ton and it barely pushed air out of most of the vents, so had to remove the old 3 ton, install the new 3 ton and then remove new 3 ton and install the new 3.5 ton. Had to have larger return duct for the larger unit as well. Then those aforementioned repairs.

It was stupid because the guy said I needed a minimum 3.5 ton and then installed a 3 ton “because that was what was already out there. I had already told him the old 3 ton couldn’t cool the place since we moved there and ran continuously in the hotter summer months.

Wtf?

Anyway, got it all right now, but had no idea it would cost that much! :dead:

7377fa184f4a56e9c932788587e41446.jpgb8c8416099046a01b3f6567d967fb5ba.jpgd99875f55bfd28a7a85938ffb809ba5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your pain.   I dumped almost that much into my mother's house (where I am now) (for a new geothermal 3 ton) and couldn't bear to throw away her old unit due to it's recently replaced (young) compressor.  Then, shortly later, my unit went out.  It's old and the compressor died.  Now I've Ebayed a replacement coil and have a handful of copper fittings to attempt to bring mom's unit to back to life for  < $500 total.   Can you blame me for the gamble?  lol

Related, I've been watching lots of 'tube regarding insulation and home "energy audits".  You oughta get a FLIR on a really cold day and give your house a good going over.  My brother loaned me his SnapOn FLIR last year and I made my insulation-less remodel-in-progress house TONS better in one afternoon and about 2 cans of spray foam.

And further more, it's a shame more HVAC techs don't know what they're doing when sizing a unit.  My dad bought a second hand 2.5 ton geothermal and it worked fine for about 20 years.  When it went out, a tech sold me mom  a 4 ton.  This last tech was about to just sell me another 4 ton until I questioned why, and pointed out the 12" wall insulation.  He supposedly did some calculations and came up with 3.0 ton.  

Currenly 3 ton is good for this 2600 ft house.  How much insulation have you got?  How many ft2?

It’s a little over 1700 sq ft...

But...

The problem I have is the place hasn’t been updated since it was built as far as doors, windows, skylights, and insulation.

Add that it has wood floors, really tall ceilings and a loft with huge ceiling height that is open to the 1st floor looks living room and dining room.

Winter doesn’t bother me much because the gas heat is hot and travels up making the upstairs toasty and the downstairs warm.

But peak summer months upstairs in the master bedroom was so hot I often woke up in a pool of sweat and the loft was worse with those skylights solar heating the upstairs.

The 3 ton I believe went out since it couldn’t push enough air volume making it work so hard and so long to cool the place.

Then it got worse with a Freon leak at the end.

The fan completely wore out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many years did you get out of that 3 ton?   My 2.5 ton went out this fall after about 13 years, and it was working HARD if the temp was over 95 or under 25.  And the last 3 years with a very unfinished basement were even worse. 

Have you thought of any efficiency upgrades (insulation, window stuff)?   Sounds like skylights might could use some tint or something as a band-aid tourniquet.  https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/thinsulate-window-films-us/?utm_term=tebg-csd-winbus-en_us-lead-us_windowfilm-cpc-google-commercial_and_res-wtb-na-aug19-na&ef_id=Cj0KCQiApaXxBRDNARIsAGFdaB9VslANrkOoPkF__gqJhprCIJnE2QQyXjiNY5l2TAnJeK9BP9QBCwMaArNREALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!5261!3!286802558331!e!!g!!low%2520e%2520window%2520tint&WT.source=google&WT.medium=cpc&WT.term=low%2520e%2520window%2520tint&WT.campaign=&WT.adgroup=&WT.creative=&WT.content=text&WT.srch=1&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=vanity-url&utm_campaign=17_Adb_3MWindowFilms_Paid_Search

On 1/24/2020 at 9:44 PM, Ashley P said:

How many years did you get out of that 3 ton?   My 2.5 ton went out this fall after about 13 years, and it was working HARD if the temp was over 95 or under 25.  And the last 3 years with a very unfinished basement were even worse. 

Have you thought of any efficiency upgrades (insulation, window stuff)?   Sounds like skylights might could use some tint or something as a band-aid tourniquet.  https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/thinsulate-window-films-us/?utm_term=tebg-csd-winbus-en_us-lead-us_windowfilm-cpc-google-commercial_and_res-wtb-na-aug19-na&ef_id=Cj0KCQiApaXxBRDNARIsAGFdaB9VslANrkOoPkF__gqJhprCIJnE2QQyXjiNY5l2TAnJeK9BP9QBCwMaArNREALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!5261!3!286802558331!e!!g!!low%2520e%2520window%2520tint&WT.source=google&WT.medium=cpc&WT.term=low%2520e%2520window%2520tint&WT.campaign=&WT.adgroup=&WT.creative=&WT.content=text&WT.srch=1&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=vanity-url&utm_campaign=17_Adb_3MWindowFilms_Paid_Search

I don't know how old it was.

It was here when I moved here about 6 years ago.

Yeah, I've got work to do here.

Going to be working on fixing the issues 1 by 1 this summer.

Lebanon Ford, Ohio.... Mustang GT 1,000 hp starting at $49,995 manual or 54,995 10-speed auto.

At Lebanon Ford Performance we’re no stranger to pushing the envelope. We’ve built hundreds of Mustangs and F-150’s with power ranges from 550 HP to north of 1000HP+ and now we’re ready to bring the power of our craziest build to the everyday customer; all the while keeping it a simple, concise package. We’re bringing you an all new offering from LFP called Project M. The most powerful Mustang to leave the LFP garage, and for an affordable price. We’re the masters of Horsepower per Dollar Deals, and this one is turned up as high as it can go. Project M is a 300a Mustang GT equipped with a Performance Package Level 1 and Ford’s All New 10-speed Automatic Transmission combined with your choice of a Whipple or Procharger Supercharger turning out 1000 CRANK HORSEPOWER all for just $54,995 plus tax, title, and fees. Don’t want the Auto or the PP1, no problem, this car as a standard LFP 300a Mustang GT Manual can be as low as $49,995 and still make the same 1000HP

https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/2020-1000hp-mustang-for-54995/

66sprint6 and Tino like this

That stinks Tino. 

I've been thinking about you and hoping you're OK.

eo1jtnuwaambu82.jpg

(And I took dose years of Espanola in el school alta.  I have no idea what that ^ says. )

Edited by Ashley P
Tino and JohnC like this

Some garbage ass POS useless virus of a person that goes by Damon Weaver successfully looted my bank account for over $1500 yesterday. I sincerely hope you are bitten on the dick by a baby copperhead and while running for help you slip and fall and a porcupine rams up your ass. 

That is all for now.

66sprint6, JohnC and Tino like this

Hell if I know. Got ahold of my debit card info somehow and used it to buy tome Visa Direct???  Supposedly like instant money from Visa? Either way, he's hood rich, i'm for real poor.