Chad

Random thought thread

18,167 posts in this topic

And to add, yesterday was a checkup for my son at Vandy.   Another great, clean report!   But there were plenty of kids getting chemo in the infusion room. :( That kinda helps put an animal's health into perspective.

JohnC, 66sprint6, mstrpth and 1 other like this

Random:  I was throwing out a box of car magazines from the early-mid 90s.  One had a model on the cover, page two had her name.  I tossed the mag in the fire and later googled her to see if she'd made it big.  Sadly, her name is well known.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Craft-Magazine-April-1991-Roy-Christy-Martin-67-Camaro-/372719615703

Edited by Ashley P

On 10/29/2019 at 3:27 PM, Disney said:

Who is she?

I just didn't expect that she would have made forensic files as the victim. 

Been installing remote start on the Tundra.

12 Volt Solutions kit is nice. Plug and play. Directions were not great, but got it on and it works.

I also got the cellular add on so it can be started from any distance.

1ffc4c232fb7f5c059225b23c07e3249.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disney likes this

^ Torque converters have been jealous of the clutch dump for decades.

Kinda interesting, might be very similar to a water brake dyno operation.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:18 PM, Ashley P said:

Anybody ever tanned a hide?  My son wants to learn and we've got deer and coyotes that need thinning.

You might talk to my mom.  She tanned mine a few times.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Ashley P said:

^ Torque converters have been jealous of the clutch dump for decades.

Kinda interesting, might be very similar to a water brake dyno operation.

Manuals are jealous of the instant no-lag shifting of the new auto's along with converter tq multiplication. ;)

You can't shift as fast as the new auto's. Just like pro-stock drag racer Lutz showed, he could not shift the Camaro SS manual to a faster ET than a female magazine editor in an auto SS.

Technology makes things obsolete. Who'd have thought? :nana:

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

Manuals are jealous of the instant no-lag shifting of the new auto's along with converter tq multiplication. ;)

You can't shift as fast as the new auto's. Just like pro-stock drag racer Lutz showed, he could not shift the Camaro SS manual to a faster ET than a female magazine editor in an auto SS.

Technology makes things obsolete. Who'd have thought? 

I cheat.  I've got a synchronizer-free manual.  68 lbs w/fluid.  It probably gets a couple degrees hotter during a pass.  Why does your automatic need a cooler for itself??  :)

I rest my case.:nana:

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, JohnC said:

Technology makes things obsolete. Who'd have thought

where's the fun factor count at?

honestly, if you had two identical muscle cars, one auto, one manual, would you really choose the auto?

I haven't ridden in a "new auto".  John has not ridden with me shifting a Jerico manual trans.   If we each rode with the other I'd bet the farm that he'd be way more impressed than I.