Chad

Random thought thread

18,167 posts in this topic

I don't understand the Toyota love.  The car magazines rail on about how bad domestic interiors are.  To me, Honda and Toyota are the "plasticky" ones.  Also, when you shut the door on a Toyota, it seems flimsy and makes a tinny noise.  My cousin brags and brags and brags about her 4runner.  It seems cheep on the inside to me.  A truck like that should have solid shutting doors.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

On 9/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, Kevin said:

I don't understand the Toyota love.  The car magazines rail on about how bad domestic interiors are.  To me, Honda and Toyota are the "plasticky" ones.  Also, when you shut the door on a Toyota, it seems flimsy and makes a tinny noise.  My cousin brags and brags and brags about her 4runner.  It seems cheep on the inside to me.  A truck like that should have solid shutting doors.

I don't know much about the Honda's, but the Toyota's feel cheap and plasticy, as I said above about this Tundra. 

This truck MSRP's for about $47k and if I had paid that, plus tax title and tags it would have been nearly $50k.

It doesn't feel like truck that expensive. :no: 

My wife and her mom keep telling me what you pay for with Toyota is the problem free long service life. 

We'll see....  :coffee:

66sprint6 likes this

3 hours ago, Ashley P said:

You might want to google the Ohio compartment law.  Kinda muddy water.

seems it only refers to controlled substances.

^ I agree.  BUT, research the folks imprisoned for EMPTY compartments.  (That's what I found.) 

Edit:  I support folks carrying "large amounts" of cash.  I'm aware that OFTEN a "law enforcement" agency will label such cash "drug money" and confiscate it, even without direct drug evidence.   I fear the same "logic" is being used with "hidden compartments.  Again, beware.

Tennessee has a D- rating regarding civil asset forfeiture according to.....

Edited by Ashley P

1 hour ago, Tino said:

It's hard to keep the car straight.  It wanders all over the road because of the play

Not downloaded the video, but suspension bushings might be gone.... 

Any point that ties the suspension and steering together should be checked. 

Customer has a conversion van fitted for wheelchair lift. :)

Customer gets EVAP leak code. :(

I find a hole drilled into the tank, and patched with a push retainer and some tar like goo. :grumpy:

GM turds are on strike, can't even get a fuel tank. :livid:

JohnC likes this

^ That's nice and all, but you better warn the buyer not to show up at the Hill on a night when Mike's there.  That would be one depressed Chebby owner!  lol

66sprint6 and Tino like this

I was watching a video on Youtube (look up Uncle Tony's Garage) and it made me reflect on my life 15-20 years ago.  He was talking about building project cars and how time consuming it is.

Here's my thoughts on it that I posted in his comments section:

I spent 3.5 years building two cars. I helped a friend build a Porsche Spyder replica and in return, he helped me build my 1985 Shelby Charger. I learned so much from him. My fabrication skills developed exponentially. I learned body work too. The main thing I learned is "never again!" It takes so much time to strip old paint and rust. When you start taking the car apart, the number of parts you have to strip seems to multiply. Taking parts off and cataloging fasteners takes a system you can't deviate from. You also need to take tons of photographs to help you remember how it goes back together. Mistakes can cost you time. A missing part can hold up the whole project. You can spend tons of time driving around or waiting for something you forgot. Even with detailed planning, you will forget things. You also have to procure parts that won't be cheap. Money is a big thing and it doesn't grow on trees. I'd recommend purchasing parts a few years before you even begin the project. I spent 3 years buying items when I had the money. I sure ain't going to take out a loan to build a car. You need to think about where you will store parts as you finish them. I wasn't married at the time, so I had a whole house to store finished parts in. I couldn't store them in my 3 car garage because that was the bodyshop/paint booth. I built the engine in my kitchen and had fenders, doors, glass, wheels, etc. in my dining room. During this time, I learned that building cars is about 1000 times harder than I thought before I started. I'm at the point in my life where I want to buy a near complete car and change things to suit my tastes.

JohnC and Ashley P like this

Well, today is a really hard and sad day for me.

My cat, about 18 years old has survived hypothyroid and even had a fast growth cancer removed that bought us a good bit more time with her.

But unfortunately, her liver is going now.

I’ve done all I can do, but she has stopped eating and drinking. She is almost too weak to move now.

So I had to make the horrible decision of letting her suffer and die naturally or have her put down to end the pain.

I didn’t think I could ever do it, but after caring for her this past week and seeing her sick, I scheduled to have her put down today.

She is family to me, so this hurt my heart pretty bad.

I can’t tell you all how much I’m going to miss this cat.

:(

26b1aefe99d37d07cfd07dde3471c752.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, that's sad to hear. 

I had a "vet" look at my horse, 29 years old, skin and bones as of late. He said it's really close to time to put him down.  But I bought another $60 worth of feed this week.  I also got my farmer to leave me about 30 bushels of corn to supplement the feed during winter.

I was surprised at my emotions when he talked about putting him down.  I'm more attached than I'd thought.

Edited by Ashley P
JohnC likes this