Chad

Random thought thread

18,143 posts in this topic

I don't understand the Toyota love.  The car magazines rail on about how bad domestic interiors are.  To me, Honda and Toyota are the "plasticky" ones.  Also, when you shut the door on a Toyota, it seems flimsy and makes a tinny noise.  My cousin brags and brags and brags about her 4runner.  It seems cheep on the inside to me.  A truck like that should have solid shutting doors.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

On 9/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, Kevin said:

I don't understand the Toyota love.  The car magazines rail on about how bad domestic interiors are.  To me, Honda and Toyota are the "plasticky" ones.  Also, when you shut the door on a Toyota, it seems flimsy and makes a tinny noise.  My cousin brags and brags and brags about her 4runner.  It seems cheep on the inside to me.  A truck like that should have solid shutting doors.

I don't know much about the Honda's, but the Toyota's feel cheap and plasticy, as I said above about this Tundra. 

This truck MSRP's for about $47k and if I had paid that, plus tax title and tags it would have been nearly $50k.

It doesn't feel like truck that expensive. :no: 

My wife and her mom keep telling me what you pay for with Toyota is the problem free long service life. 

We'll see....  :coffee:

66sprint6 likes this

3 hours ago, Ashley P said:

You might want to google the Ohio compartment law.  Kinda muddy water.

seems it only refers to controlled substances.

^ I agree.  BUT, research the folks imprisoned for EMPTY compartments.  (That's what I found.) 

Edit:  I support folks carrying "large amounts" of cash.  I'm aware that OFTEN a "law enforcement" agency will label such cash "drug money" and confiscate it, even without direct drug evidence.   I fear the same "logic" is being used with "hidden compartments.  Again, beware.

Tennessee has a D- rating regarding civil asset forfeiture according to.....

Edited by Ashley P

1 hour ago, Tino said:

It's hard to keep the car straight.  It wanders all over the road because of the play

Not downloaded the video, but suspension bushings might be gone.... 

Any point that ties the suspension and steering together should be checked. 

Customer has a conversion van fitted for wheelchair lift. :)

Customer gets EVAP leak code. :(

I find a hole drilled into the tank, and patched with a push retainer and some tar like goo. :grumpy:

GM turds are on strike, can't even get a fuel tank. :livid:

JohnC likes this