Chad

Random thought thread

18,143 posts in this topic

Anyone done this before?

Mother-in-law is moving here from CA.

She wants my wife and I to go pick out a new Toyota Tacoma 4 door 6ft bed 4x4 and buy it for her while she is in CA still.

She says we can do it and they’ll fax the paperwork to her to sign and fax back.

Can she do it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN sales tax is about $1000 less than CA.

For the price, we didn’t see a Tacoma worth the cost to upgrade to fit our needs, so we settled for a Tundra instead.

Trying to work a deal on this one.

MSRP is almost $47k but we got them down to about $38k right now.

Anyone know what a Doc fee is and is and is that negotiable?

573a89e5c8875ca4204a353927bd06a3.jpg0af765b176f95e254fb98f8554014404.jpg387cdf87f2456b65692d8e941979157a.jpg62c8fb975884f6aca79c8c3a489537cf.jpg24969f738713f09339dcf3818bb1ab26.jpg37bbd01b2ead535d3c1450832617109a.jpgacb754b15c9c301e85192d6d202f2e9e.jpgfc83593eaf83c8f6285a7b0f456d5215.jpg

342c3c92b98c6c360ba451305c103ab7.jpg

Some of the options^

b910441ddce429af0fbbd67513087832.jpg

It's the fee for the dealer to fill pit your paperwork. It's part of their profit.

Great price on a beautiful truck! A buddy just bought a TRD Tacoma for 36k!

JohnC likes this

A woman in a hot air balloon realizes she is lost. She lowers her altitude and spots a man fishing from a boat below. She shouts to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consults his portable GPS and replies, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

She rolls her eyes and says, "You must be a Republican!"

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answers the balloonist, "everything you tell me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with
your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you're not much help to me."

The man smiles and responds, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am, replies the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault."

66sprint6, mstrpth and Disney like this

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Picked up the Tundra yesterday.

Pretty cool ride. :yes:

Will post more pictures if y’all want to see more...

c46ad5df5cc7c4e20c1b26b12717faff.jpg

Supra engine swapped yet?  :)

Tino likes this

Review so far...

Positives: Nice to look at and looks quality on the outside, quality where it counts (engine, trans, suspension, etc.) is Flex Fuel capable so if there is a gas shortage I can run alternative fuel, new car smell, some cool features (a lot to explain, so will detail later), decent power, quiet smooth ride, turns really sharp for a truck, LED headlights and fog lights are super bright, feels like a truck that can do work hauling and towing, was told Tundras are super reliable and more American made than USA brand trucks.

Negatives: interior feels way cheap, especially for the MSRP. Cheap flimsy plastics are way over used. Interior and some features are behind compared to its competition (no remote start offered in 2019 wtf?!?, no android nor apple car play offered). Center console storage lid feels as cheap as a rubber made tote from Walmart. The parts of the cloth seat covers that aren’t stitched feels like cheap foam fabric. Some cheapy vinyl covering on center console and fake leather looking vinyl on the doors. Seats aren’t that comfy to me and feels like I can't get a good seating position with the steering. Steering is numb with no feedback. Touch screen too far away from driver and how it displays is a bit busy. A lot of bulky space robbing with that center console and giant shifter knob.

Would I buy one for myself at this point? Nope. I think I’d wait for an updated model that gets more MPG’s (8 or 10 speed trans?), remote start, better touch screen tech for connectivity and higher resolution brighter screen.

5f96823b812705ff2ab9e8ba30659095.jpg09427d4c63239c768f0d207a201422a1.jpg9e6366e12ce6607f909ecdeb28e7ba78.jpg78cd042dab9e5533598ed88ca179875f.jpg4634392efd7ae3f16cf77bdef16c617f.jpgde935642c041a88c1aed013ddb210c2a.jpg241617a17e3b63aa6a396449d1cb8fd2.jpg6c91e98c316043a82908bdd3d7ebecef.jpg7dbd3d2532e8ac1fc480005a7a12a3d7.jpg

Tino likes this

[rant] I'll tall ya, nothing like the email announcing promotions to make you want to go home for the rest of the day. Especially rewarding getting the email on the same day you announce that you're leaving the group that is managed by a guy that has never offered any of his direct reports for a promotion. Can't leave this place fast enough. [/rant]

43 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Review so far...

Positives: Nice to look at and looks quality on the outside, new car smell, some cool features (a lot to explain, so will detail later), decent power, quiet smooth ride, LED headlights and fog lights are super bright, feels like a truck that can do work hauling and towing, was told Tundras are super reliable and more American made than USA brand trucks.

Negatives: interior feels way cheap, especially for the MSRP. Cheap flimsy plastics are way over used. Interior and some features are behind compared to its competition (no remote start offered, no android nor apply car play offered). Center console storage lid feels as cheap as a rubber made tote from Walmart. The parts of the cloth seat covers that aren’t stitched feels like cheap foam fabric. Some cheapy vinyl covering on center console and fake leather looking vinyl on the door. Seats aren’t that comfy. Touch screen too far away from driver and how it displays is a bit busy. A lot of bulky space robbing with that center console and giant shifter knob.

Would I buy one for myself at this point? Nope. I think I’d wait for an updated model that gets more MPG’s (8 or 10 speed trans?), remote start, better touch screen tech for connectivity and higher resolution brighter screen.

how do those cons stack up against a higher tier model?

37 minutes ago, Disney said:

[rant] I'll tall ya, nothing like the email announcing promotions to make you want to go home for the rest of the day. Especially rewarding getting the email on the same day you announce that you're leaving the group that is managed by a guy that has never offered any of his direct reports for a promotion. Can't leave this place fast enough. [/rant]

Are you trying to move to a different division of Nissan or looking to get away all together?

4 hours ago, mstrpth said:

how do those cons stack up against a higher tier model?

They're all about the same.

The top tier models are the TRD Pro, Limited and 1794.

Leather would make it feel nicer. The TRD Pro, Limited and 1794 come with leather standard.

The 1794 is like Toyota's King Ranch, so all that quality leather would definitely bring up the feel of the truck on the inside.