Chad

Random thought thread

18,084 posts in this topic

DOn't know why, but I watched the whole thing. all 40 commercials and everything.

Question: Are there any real car people on TV/Youtube? These guys are all 100% dumbasses. Not a single person on there had the first clue about how to do anything racing or car related EXCEPT to dyno a bunch of HP. Funny that Dyno numbers are factored into who wins this "Competition". Who cares what you dyno if you're slow on the dragstrip or slow on the road? 

66sprint6, Tino, Ashley P and 1 other like this

Vid failed the random look test.  Of 8 random looks, 7 were of a group of guys wearing tats and black.  And standing too close together.  Talking.

Race.  The.  Cars.

Disney likes this

That Camaro was killing down the 1/4! :hyper: 

Dodge surprised me in braking and cornering. Too bad the motor got hurt.  :yes:

Mustang..... Ehh. Did OK and then the trans went. Never excited me in any category. :no: 

Tino likes this

5 hours ago, Tino said:

This happened a mile up the road from the shop. 

19-year-old shot, killed in North Nashville - https://www.newschannel5.com/news/19-year-old-shot-killed-in-north-nashville

I don't know what to say. This **** never stops. 

Well the shop is in Nashville's next up and coming "booming" neighborHOOD.

Though that neighborHOOD has been up and coming for the last 30 or so years, Metro was handing out like $50K vouchers for people to buy houses over there and stay in them for like 2 years.  Not sure they were real successful.

1 hour ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Well the shop is in Nashville's next up and coming "booming" neighborHOOD.

Though that neighborHOOD has been up and coming for the last 30 or so years, Metro was handing out like $50K vouchers for people to buy houses over there and stay in them for like 2 years.  Not sure they were real successful.

Lots of expensive house are being built out that way.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Mustang..... Ehh. Did OK and then the trans went. Never excited me in any category. :no: 

I finally watched it last night. 

I thought the mustang was going to win all the competitions, but that camaro kicked ass. 

Disney and JohnC like this

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Dude I was curious to see what other cars do 60-0. And the challenger out performed lots of hypercars 

https://fastestlaps.com/lists/top-quickest-stoppers-60mph

Challenger did it in 78.1 feet

JohnC likes this

3 hours ago, Tino said:

Lots of expensive house are being built out that way.

You can't fix stupid.

But you can rob them blind.

JohnC and Tino like this

9 hours ago, Tino said:

Since it was a drug deal gone bad, she will probably be charged with something like manslaughter. 

She went knowing she was committing a felony and brought a gun for self-defense.

Tino likes this

@Disney , @Mike , @higherpowerracing , @66sprint6 is this a good deal, or is it missing too many parts to make it work?

https://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/d/mc-ewen-saleen-2v-mustang-supercharger/6946064815.html

If I can get around 350 to the wheels I'll be good.

The car already has stage 2 cams and stage 2 patriot heads.

It also has a 125 shot of nitrous. I haven't sprayed it yet cause I don't know how good the tune is.

The price is good. The problem is that's a small blower. ON a 4.6 with heads and cams it won't due you that much good IMO. It will really huff down low and give you axle breaking TQ, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot of extra power up top. 

Yeah Disney is spot on, itll make neat noises and pick up a little but not much.  You will also need to track down an intercooler and Im not sure how much they go for or how easy they are to find.  It would def. make it more fun but ide dial in that spray and save the cash!!!

Matt

Thoughts on rear end bearing kits for an 8.8? FRPP, Yukon, US Gear, Motive, Ratech, etc?  Guessing FRPP is still the go to for gears.

@Disney , @Mike , @higherpowerracing , @66sprint6 is this a good deal, or is it missing too many parts to make it work?

https://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/d/mc-ewen-saleen-2v-mustang-supercharger/6946064815.html

If I can get around 350 to the wheels I'll be good.

The car already has stage 2 cams and stage 2 patriot heads.

It also has a 125 shot of nitrous. I haven't sprayed it yet cause I don't know how good the tune is.

ProCharger... ante up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

ProCharger... ante up!

LS swap is the plan for it.

I bought the car to flip it, but if I can't get rid of it I'll sell the engine and transmission and buy a 5.3 or 6.0

Disney and JohnC like this

LS swap is the plan for it.

I bought the car to flip it, but if I can't get rid of it I'll sell the engine and transmission and buy a 5.3 or 6.0

A 5.3 is an excellent choice! :pleased: