Chad

Random thought thread

17,985 posts in this topic

So when we first read about an Ohio Ford dealership selling 727-horsepower, 610 lb.-ft supercharged Ford Mustangs for under $40,000, we figured that was the cost of the upgrade—you provide the Mustang.

Turns out, that's not the case. At Lebanon Ford of Lebanon, Ohio, you can walk in the door with $40,000 cash, and walk out with a brand-new Roush supercharged Mustang GT that makes more power than a Hellcat.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29116/this-dealer-sells-brand-new-727-hp-supercharged-mustangs-for-40000/

66sprint6 likes this

Thats fantastic news @ls1adam84!!!

If I was able to swing $40K Ide be headed out to Lebanon Ford for a Race Red 19GT with the supercharger setup and then having Lund tune it for E85 on the way home!  Im pretty sure I could work with a couple local dealerships and set something similar up, my old Sales Manager has his own place now and is a big Roush dealer now.

Matt

JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

I need a car wash setup like this....

She does a great job. Wonder how much she costs? :yum:  :baller:

All kidding aside, I'm tired of dumping money in to the local car wash and I want to do touch-less so I don't scratch up the paint.

So a setup like this looks like it would do the trick. :yes:

mstrpth likes this

I Chadwicks waterless my car mostly these days and LOVE the results but Im going to look into upping my driveway wash game a bit for the occasional deep clean.  Especially now that I have a black car.  I dont like spending alot of time washing any of my cars so Ill likely find something quick and easy while at it.  Foam cannons look interesting and then finish off with a two bucket wipe down and some good wax/sealer maybe?  Then Chadwicks to maintain?  I dunno.  Im not washing ANYTHING right now its so nasty and cold.  Poor Shelby looks like hell right now :lol:

Matt

On 3/5/2019 at 3:10 PM, JohnC said:

She does a great job. Wonder how much she costs? :yum:  :baller:

Well, if you figure in the divorce, at least 1/2 your assets, alimony, maintenance on the upgraded model, *mumble, mumble, mumble* carry the one.........

Would you really want to know? :lol:

mstrpth, 66sprint6 and ls1adam84 like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Tino said:

@Mike any problems to look for on a used 2nd gen v? They are going to auction one off tomorrow.

https://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/3192732/fpx5.cgi

That's an STS-V in the photo not a V2. Has a supercharged northstar engine. Not LS based though. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_STS-V

Edited by slim_9916
ls1adam84 and Tino like this

Never mind I don't know why I thought it was a V. Thanks for the help. I'll just stay home sleeping instead of going to the auction.

@tino I’ve got a Edelbrock eforce supercharger that would be great on your truck. It’s for square port heads though, which I also have a pair of 821’s, 823’s, and two pairs of of prc Cnc ported 821’s. And a btr stage two positive displacement cam.
ls1adam84, JohnC and Tino like this

7 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

@tino I’ve got a Edelbrock eforce supercharger that would be great on your truck. It’s for square port heads though, which I also have a pair of 821’s, 823’s, and two pairs of of prc Cnc ported 821’s. And a btr stage two positive displacement cam.

I'm good, but if you want to get rid of it I can tell my buddy to see if he wants it

14 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Well, if you figure in the divorce, at least 1/2 your assets, alimony, maintenance on the upgraded model, *mumble, mumble, mumble* carry the one.........

Would you really want to know? :lol:

YES

I just spent a couple of days at the annual Johnstone corporate meetings. This year’s meetings were in Nashville, so my boss gave a lot of us the chance to attend for a day. I got to attend, yesterday so that I could accept an award for my store, last night. In addition, I got to go to the keynote speech. Come to find out, the speaker was Chris Kyle’s platoon commander. It was really cool to get to sit in the same room as him and to learn from his leadership experience. 

wow, the amount of sheer stupidity behind stuff like that is astounding......whats funny is its always local authorities showing up, let a state authority show up and cars are gonna get impounded not driven off

"Why cant we have a place to race these cars?"  :shiftyeyes:

No lack of those places round these parts.  I get wanting the camaraderie and being a part of something and also dont REALLY care about parking lot shenanigans but when they close down the streets to do this or roll race in heavy traffic or busy city streets is where I have an issue.  Go to track days, cruise-ins etc.  Join clubs, FORM clubs and then do all you can to push for more track openings and more venues for legit car meets that dont get shut down due to people "swinging" into crowds or damaging other's properties.  There are ways.

Matt