Chad

Random thought thread

17,603 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mike said:

?q=70&w=1440&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotco

Image result for family truckster

Ide drive it.  The Wagon, NOT the truck...good LORD God Almighty thats bad bad bad.

25 minutes ago, Disney said:

I'd bet there's not a whole lot of other gay men driving Shelby Mustangs. He should start his own Youtube Channel for gay Shelby owners.

Ide do alot of bad bad things to have a 13-14 GT500 right now (maybe one day).  Neither of which include going gay or driving the new GM truck offering.

Matt

Disney likes this

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm sure it's got that massive grill for cooling, but good god man.

I think they let the engineers have too much input on the outside design.

But considering the previous generation of truck with the same engine, same specs 445/910.......

What is wrong with the manufactures?

Whoever is doing the refresh on Chevy vehicles needs to be fired.

They did a fugly front on the Camaro SS too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66sprint6 likes this

52 minutes ago, Disney said:

I guess i'll be the lone guy that's not upset by the new grill and lights. 

I'm not upset, I just say it looks like poop, along with the Ford.  We will see what GMC and Dodge comes out with.

IMO the Super Duties do not look as good.  I liked the first gen, '99-07.  The redesign to the second gen, '08-'10, looked like crap but  the third gen, '11-'16, look better than the first gen.  To me the fourth gen trucks, '17+, was a step back in styling with the goofy double bar grill and the fender inserts again.

The GM trucks looked good after they got rid of the squinty headlights of the '99 style trucks, until now.

Dodges have looked pretty good after the redesign in the '94-'95 time period.

Of course I like the old square body for all of them.

The looks of new trucks don’t gross me out near as bad as the prices.  What will an average 2020 chevy 2500 diesel cost? Probably over $60k.  With a loaded version over $70k.  That’s ridiculous for a truck.

66sprint6 and Tino like this

'19 LT or SLE CCSB or LB with preferred package, Z71, gooseneck, marker lights, Duramax, 220A alt, running boards, Navi, ~$62,5k via GMs site

$1,085 Monthly for 72 months
12.9% APR for Well-Qualified Buyers. Amount Financed $54,795. $10,000 Down Payment.
Finance Details
Includes $1,000 cash back

12.9%, what have they been smoking.

Edited by Cannon Fodder
Tino likes this

Everything is expensive..

A shithole house in the hood is over $100k, anything decent is $250-300k.

Hell the bank was trying to get me to take a loan the other day when I wasn't looking for one, anything to make money but not give any back.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

The looks of new trucks don’t gross me out near as bad as the prices.  What will an average 2020 chevy 2500 diesel cost? Probably over $60k.  With a loaded version over $70k.  That’s ridiculous for a truck.

Don't forget nice repair bills.  DEF heaters on GM....on backorder now.  About $500 installed at our shop.   $8k for the 6.7 Ford fuel system contamination repair. 

I've been a cheapskate for all my working life (since 10).  And after 14 years at dealers, I don't think I could ever overlook the massive depreciation in order to purchase new.  A mortgage is lousy, but at least housing normally appreciates.  I know others have the income to do so, and I don't, but even if I did have the money I don't think I'd pay that depreciation.

Mike, mstrpth and ls1adam84 like this

28 minutes ago, Cannon Fodder said:

I took the hit on a new vehicle, but since I have owned it for 15 years is it really a hit?

Well, you said it was...  :) 

14 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Don't forget nice repair bills.  DEF heaters on GM....on backorder now.  About $500 installed at our shop.   $8k for the 6.7 Ford fuel system contamination repair. 

I've been a cheapskate for all my working life (since 10).  And after 14 years at dealers, I don't think I could ever overlook the massive depreciation in order to purchase new.  A mortgage is lousy, but at least housing normally appreciates.  I know others have the income to do so, and I don't, but even if I did have the money I don't think I'd pay that depreciation.

There's been some insurance companies total the Titan XD Diesel when the owners put DEF in the fuel. It's an expensive repair, so they turn it in to insurance and insurance says STFU OMG TOTAL.

Ashley P likes this

Ive been lucky on new cars, value wise at least.  I put $7k down on my ST when I got it new.  When I traded for the GT they gave me exactly $7k over what I owed on the car which transfered into the GT.  When I sold the GT I got $7300 over what I owed.  We have had similar luck on Kathleen's side as well but now that she works in Nashville and piles the miles on the Edge I fear those days are done.  Oh well, we get good use out of it and will trade it towards whatever else we need when the time arises.

Matt