Chad

Random thought thread

17,603 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My 2010 SS with DR's would smoke my junk. :lol:

I hate car notes, but damn I've wanted one bad ever since the new ones hit the lots! :yum:

It'll be all I can do not to mod and void the warranty because pulley up, CAI, cam and exhaust makes everything nice like sugar and spice..... :roflmao:  But in middle TN track and weather conditions and 250lbs of stuff in it, it will still be a high 11 second car without tires.

Fixed. 

Just like you should fix your car and put tires on it.  Do you not have the jetta or dakota to daily while your car gets tuned?

Tino, 66sprint6, Ashley P and 1 other like this

You will have to fix the trans issues and mostly likely get the tune very close before anyone seriously looks at the car.  Your trade in value would be abysmal with codes and it running bad.

Buy the trans sensors and a set of plugs and I'll help you put them in in my garage or a friends lift if it's available.  We'll do a leakdown and give it a good once over looking for anything else that could be causing your knock issue.  Then drop it and some cash off with Brian for however long he needs it.

I will loan you my tires just so you can get a taste of a 1.5-6 60'.  That will completely change your feelings on the car and you'll be ready to bolt on the blower.

66sprint6, Disney, JohnC and 1 other like this

I tried to trade for a Mosaic Black ZL1 today, but they didn't want to give me what I want for my trade in, so I walked away.

https://www.carlblackchevy.com/inventory/new-2018-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-rwd-2dr-car-1g1fk1r66j0166972

I don't think trading in is an option because they aren't going to give me what it's worth. :(

Mike, I might take you up on that last effort to fix it.

Car has just been pissing me off lately. I really wanted to give up on it.... :wall: 

1 hour ago, Tino said:

That's a beautiful car 

It is for sure.

Would love to have worked out a deal on it, but the trade in was the hold up.

If I could sell the SS outright, I'd not have to deal with their BS low balling and I'd had it in my driveway. 

I tried to trade for a Mosaic Black ZL1 today, but they didn't want to give me what I want for my trade in, so I walked away.

https://www.carlblackchevy.com/inventory/new-2018-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-rwd-2dr-car-1g1fk1r66j0166972

I don't think trading in is an option because they aren't going to give me what it's worth.

Car has just been pissing me off lately. I really wanted to give up on it.... :wall: 

You have a couple options. You could always demod the car and sell your parts to make up the difference, the trade in value won’t change whether they are there or not. Or the smarter option is to buy a cheap daily driver and be able to “walk away “ from your project car for a little while.

66sprint6 likes this

13 hours ago, gammey4 said:

You have a couple options. You could always demod the car and sell your parts to make up the difference, the trade in value won’t change whether they are there or not. Or the smarter option is to buy a cheap daily driver and be able to “walk away “ from your project car for a little while.

Problem with that is I got rid of my OE parts. :lol:

But nah, I'm good.

Guess I'll keep chipping away at getting this SS running good. 

When that trans f'd up on me, I felt about as emotional as a hormonal female.

But I got my balls back now, so I'll keep it and finish what I started.

Ashley P, Tino and Disney like this

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:28 AM, JohnC said:

I don't think trading in is an option because they aren't going to give me what it's worth. :(

carl black is the WORST on trade-ins. you're better off going to CarMax and getting a quote.

On 12/1/2018 at 1:28 AM, JohnC said:

What were they asking for the ZL1? I see the list on the site but was curious to what they'd want for it. I see them under 60 on cargurus but don't know options to compare.  

I'm here to feed the fire. You want auto or manual? https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=homePageNewCarTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c26811&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=37037&distance=500&searchChanged=true&trimNames=ZL1+Coupe+RWD&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=PRICE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=214625380 

On 12/2/2018 at 0:35 AM, JohnC said:

When that trans f'd up on me, I felt about as emotional as a hormonal female.

But I got my balls back now, so I'll keep it and finish what I started.

33 minutes ago, slim_9916 said:

Manual :yes:

Hmmmm...

Disney, slim_9916 and Tino like this

13 minutes ago, Tino said:

It's up for auction this Thursday. I'm going to see if I can get it cheap.

Buy it and sell it to carmax see what they offer me

I hear they're great cars that last forever if maintained. if no service record then walk away....if you was planning to keep.

(per my buddy that works for Mercedes).

5 hours ago, Disney said:

Buy it and LS swap it, then give it to me?

Help me with the swap :D

5 hours ago, mstrpth said:

I hear they're great cars that last forever if maintained. if no service record then walk away....if you was planning to keep.

(per my buddy that works for Mercedes).

My plan is to flip it. Might hold on to it and run it right back thru the auction during tax season.

I have no idea who has enough time to ride around and make a video like that but I wish I did.

Sweet star wars rings bro. :lol:

Shelby GT500: Check

Matching Shelby pullover: Check

Weird rings on every finger: Check

Male Pattern Baldness: Check

Anger at young whipper snappers passing him: Check

Crappy YouTube channel: Check

1324512143696_1402936.png

Tino, mstrpth and Ashley P like this