Chad

Random thought thread

17,465 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Disney said:

Got some cleaning done on the Firebird. 

Trying to upload but I guess files are too big? Cant figure out how to resize. 

Open it in MS paint.  I generally have to resize my iphone pics to 30% for them to upload here.

resize.JPG

Yeah, about half of mine load straight off the phone.  So unless I go to the trouble of downloading and modifying in paint, they just don’t get posted.

Sorry bro's but I didn't limit file size on the forum.

It was the server side limiting file size at GoDaddy.

I have the software setup to auto-size huge pics to fit your screen.

That's the best I can do for now.

At the time when I started this, I'd had to get a dedicated server to have control over file upload size.

Those dedicated servers were like car payments per month.

They still start at about $200 a month.

I make $0.00 off this and just can't justify that cost right now.

Maybe if Facebook dies and folks come back forums, I could justify it.

I won't hold my breath though. :lol:

Disney and mstrpth like this

I gotcha. Has to do with original file size. If small enough, it will size accordingly. If it's too big, it just kicks it. Makes sense.

yeah, $200/mo is absolutely insane. I appreciate you keeping this forum open! I hate to think that you'd have to spend that type of cash though.

JohnC likes this

Hello from Japan, uncle fuckers! Seen some cool stuff this time around. I flew in a couple days early so I would have some free time. Spent that in Tokyo. I'm now in the Kitakyushu area (south). A lot slower pace of life down here. Like going from NYC to Nashville. Saw a clapped out R32 Skyline here last night whooshing up the streets. Origater Guyzhamas

Tino, mstrpth, JohnC and 2 others like this

5 hours ago, Disney said:

Hello from Japan, uncle fuckers! Seen some cool stuff this time around. I flew in a couple days early so I would have some free time. Spent that in Tokyo. I'm now in the Kitakyushu area (south). A lot slower pace of life down here. Like going from NYC to Nashville. Saw a clapped out R32 Skyline here last night whooshing up the streets. Origater Guyzhamas

You know I love pics, right? Show me hot azn cars!  :dirty:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/redefining-the-kilogram/

The kilogram is being redefined.  Rather than a block of metal to use as a standard.........  "The redefinition of the kilogram will be part of a planned larger overhaul to make SI units fully dependent on constants of nature."

Constants of nature....but I thought they claim the earth is always "evolving" due to random chance?  Where'd they get those "constants"?

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

$28k isn't bad! :yum:

I thought it was priced pretty well. It's been there for a couple of weeks so I bet you'd could talk them down a little. 

For some reason, all the illnesses that most people get when they are kids, I get as an adult.  I got chicken pox at 21, and now, Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease at 40.  I feel like a leper. LOL

Ashley P and Disney like this

^ Well, I've got about 37 years worth of child raisin' under my belt, and from what I've seen I think you should...

...stop pickin' yer nose!  lol

Foot disease?   Wow, that could go on for weeks miles.