Chad

Random thought thread

17,220 posts in this topic

The BMW went for 6k.

I didn't bid on it cause it was smoking big time and it had 204k miles on it.

I got out bid on a 2000 GMC single cab.

What did the gmc go for?

Tino likes this

@Disney can you tune an explorer engine and ecu?

I got a coworker that is putting a 1997 explorer engine in a 1991 ranger. We are thinking of installing a b303 cam in it

12 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

I know for a fact that he can!!!  The 66 at the dyno day is proof ;)

:lol:

Matt

I thought you had a ms3 on your car?

I don't think my coworker wants to spend extra money on one.

6 hours ago, Tino said:

I thought you had a ms3 on your car?

I don't think my coworker wants to spend extra money on one.

Ooooooohhhhhhh he wants to stay on the stock ecu or similar?  I'll leave that one up to Disney then lol

Tino likes this

If any of ya around the 'borro that is looking for a lawncare guy, a buddy of mine does lawns.

He is a big car guy, and a great guy. PM me and I will get you in touch with him. 

66sprint6 likes this

Did you know some youtube vids can be moved frame by frame?  After pausing press the period or comma to move forward or reverse.

mstrpth and JohnC like this

That's why you don't drive fast on a dual sport bike(2nd vid).

Dog vid:

first guy was mostly screwed. front brakes may have played a part in the flip but tough to say.

The guy behind him didn't even try. he just laid it over....and dual sport bike..

Disney likes this

On 6/10/2018 at 9:37 PM, Tino said:

@Disney can you tune an explorer engine and ecu?

I got a coworker that is putting a 1997 explorer engine in a 1991 ranger. We are thinking of installing a b303 cam in it

Probably. Depends on the ECU code.

Tino likes this

Well I am losing more respect for big rig drivers around here.

They have the least amount of regard for safety.

A big rig hit my wifes car yesterday morning, and the ass hat took off. Pretty much the police said that since no one chased him down or got a license plate there is nothing that can be done.

Every day I drive to work I just about void an accident because truckers don't look before changing lanes. AZ, CO, CA, MD, and TX are states I have been in and driven around and never have a I seen truckers drive this reckless.

Drivers around here are not that much worse either, yeah there are some idiots, but not nearly that bad.

We now get to have our insurance cover it because that douche nozzle took off.

Hate to hear it.  Shouldnt make your rates go up tho seeing that it wasnt her fault.  At least thats how State Farm did me both times.  So long as she's ok then its all good.

My best friend is a truck driver and I give him an ear full every time we go anywhere about how terrible some truck drivers seem to be around here.  He agrees and says he can name a few personally LOL

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Hate to hear it.  Shouldnt make your rates go up tho seeing that it wasnt her fault.  At least thats how State Farm did me both times.  So long as she's ok then its all good.

My best friend is a truck driver and I give him an ear full every time we go anywhere about how terrible some truck drivers seem to be around here.  He agrees and says he can name a few personally LOL

Matt

Yeah I really do have respect for truckers, but around here and driving i65 every day. I do not respect them along that corridor.

So many times I have gone onto the shoulder because they put their signal on and move right over.

Now don't get me started on the lazy drivers too, a turn signal is a requirement, otherwise it's an unsafe lane change without signalling properly. Or at least in CA it is technically an unsafe lane change.

Also the drivers typically with Alabama plates that play lane nazi, or lane police in the left lane and are not passing. Instead they are just going on a Sunday cruise in the left lane.

66sprint6 likes this