Chad

Random thought thread

17,019 posts in this topic

Decided to say F work and get some trans tuning done.

Hit Beech Bend and off the street with mad wheel hop, I ran a 12.1x @ 116.

Just did a 12.03 @ 115 bouncing off the rev limiter on upshifts.

Best 1/8 mile is 7.78 @ 91 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66sprint6, Disney and Tino like this

Nice!   (Well, for you it's nice, for people with slow stuff it's terrible. lol ) 

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!  I love it man, so freakin glad to see it rolling out like it should!  I cant like the posts enough lol

I just ran a PB too.  Wish you woulda come out the Hill instead, woulda been a blast!

7.84@92.jpg

Matt

Ashley P likes this

I couldn't leave above idle because I got real bad wheel hop with traction control on. I thought I was going to snap an axle. And as a result, the car short shifted way early in to 2nd gear.

With traction control off, it just lit the tires through 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. I went nowhere and coasted to a 14.x 97mph. :lol:

Leaving at idle with traction control on is all I could do.

The 1st run, when it was hot out, I got some clean upshifts. As the air cooled, I started bouncing off the rev limiter on upshifts again. I pulled 2 mph out of the upshifts and upped the line pressure 5% and it got better until the air got cooler again. Same ****. Bounced the rev limiter on upshifts.

I don't get why the car can't figure out the upshifts as the air cools.... So I guess I got to adjust it for the best air and suffer the losses in the heat? :???:

If I had a sticky tire, a rear that could handle it, get clean upshifts and all the nanny controls off, I bet $100 it would click of 11.5's all day easy.

This trans is a bitch to tune! :wall:

Killed my brakes tonight. They sound horrible. Grinding like a bish! :meh:

Got a new set coming from Summit Racing. Hope they get here before Sat. :lol:

So...autos are the best because they are perfect and shift faster so you end up being faster and dont leave anything on the table during a race like you would in a stick...right?

:roflmao:

Hate to hear it.  Would be easier to learn how to drive a stick quick and I dont say that as a dig on you, more out of sympathy.  Would drive me NUTS if I couldnt get the car to shift itself right and I was losing that much potential during a run.  Your auto is helping you 60 real nice tho, cant wait to see it on a tire!

Be happy with the progress you have seen and then keep working on it.  One day itll come together and all that money and time you spent will pay off and you will have a fun/consistently quick car that you can beat on and enjoy the hell out of!!!

Matt

Ashley P and ls1adam84 like this

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

I couldn't leave above idle because I got real bad wheel hop with traction control on. I thought I was going to snap an axle. And as a result, the car short shifted way early in to 2nd gear.

With traction control off, it just lit the tires through 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. I went nowhere and coasted to a 14.x 97mph. :lol:

Leaving at idle with traction control on is all I could do.

The 1st run, when it was hot out, I got some clean upshifts. As the air cooled, I started bouncing off the rev limiter on upshifts again. I pulled 2 mph out of the upshifts and upped the line pressure 5% and it got better until the air got cooler again. Same ****. Bounced the rev limiter on upshifts.

I don't get why the car can't figure out the upshifts as the air cools.... So I guess I got to adjust it for the best air and suffer the losses in the heat? :???:

If I had a sticky tire, a rear that could handle it, get clean upshifts and all the nanny controls off, I bet $100 it would click of 11.5's all day easy.

This trans is a bitch to tune! :wall:

You sound like a Fox body guy that's just gotten something with some power!  lol  

22 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

So...autos are the best because they are perfect and shift faster so you end up being faster and dont leave anything on the table during a race like you would in a stick...right?

Hate to hear it.  Would be easier to learn how to drive a stick quick and I dont say that as a dig on you, more out of sympathy.  Would drive me NUTS if I couldnt get the car to shift itself right and I was losing that much potential during a run.  Your auto is helping you 60 real nice tho, cant wait to see it on a tire!

Be happy with the progress you have seen and then keep working on it.  One day itll come together and all that money and time you spent will pay off and you will have a fun/consistently quick car that you can beat on and enjoy the hell out of!!!

Matt

These auto's suck to tune. No doubt.

Yeah, it's 60ft'ing like a champ and on street tires at that. :w00t:

Just can't get the mph v rpm and shift time ironed out. :wall:

66sprint6 likes this

10 hours ago, Tino said:

@Ashley P, @Disney, or @gammey4 would a transmission from a 2002 Silverado work in a 1997 Tahoe?  Both of them are 4l60e

I'm not sure.  I'd question the harness layout. 

A 2002 silverado: image

Below is 1997 Tahoe.

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

These auto's suck to tune. No doubt.

Yeah, it's 60ft'ing like a champ and on street tires at that. :w00t:

Just can't get the mph v rpm and shift time ironed out. :wall:

Ive read through your threads and it annoys me to even try to think about.  I dont envy you BUT then again, once you figure out how to tickle it just right, the potential can be unleashed and THAT is awesome!

Matt

Matt

Says the guy who had clutch protection issues lol.

ls1adam84, Ashley P, JohnC and 1 other like this

On 5/8/2018 at 9:16 PM, Ashley P said:

It's not AWD, at least I assume it's not.  I've watched every vid I know of him and he's fishtailing outta turns and laying 500' of posi marks on the street "drag racing".

And 3800 ain't nothing for a race Pontiac, even I've turned a nearly stock one to 4100. :yes: 

I was also joking about the AWD, it looks like they have the front wheels on a roller that runs as well, I assume to help with keeping the load as if it were actually driving on the street.

20 hours ago, JohnC said:

I've been through it twice.

I don't get how they steal our info and are able to buy **** so easy...

But I'll go farther...

Once, some scammers hacked my back acct online and sent two bank certified checks to an address out of state for nearly $1k each (they were like $989.99 or some ****).

That **** happened while I was way out on the west coast in Riverside CA.

I was like WTF?

That's Riverside for you, ghetto craphole.

Ashley, if you do anything online you're at risk of information being stolen.

If it was made by man, it will be broken by man.

50 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

Yep, the ONLY POS computer aided BS and it was a pain bleh.  Thankfully someone who knows better tuned it out for me and Im super happy now HINT HINT WINK WINK. 

Dont get me wrong tho, I feel ya!  I work on my trans tuning daily.  I dont mean to brag...but Ive got it where it shifts EXACTLY when I want it to...almost like it reads my mind!

:winkgrin:

Get him sorted out Gammey, then I look forward to seeing what it does at Beach Bend after the Dyno day!!! 

Matt

Ashley P and mstrpth like this

On 9/25/2017 at 7:50 PM, Ashley P said:

Hehe, you needed more fertilizer (or the semi load to crash near your house).  

I hope we can eat 'em all winter.  I ate two for dinner, so there's only about 1198 left.  If they rot I'll have to condemn the basement.  There were still several thousand lbs left to rot...I was tempted to build fully auto potato gun.

Well, the potato famine has started.  We ate on those potatoes until tonight.  They'd started to sprout a couple months ago and gotten really soft as that occurred.  Still had a few dozen pounds and we planted most of 'em to see what happens.  But to keep them till  now with only a couple trying to rot was pretty good IMO.  I just read that if they sprout they're stored too warm and if they taste sweet there're stored too cold.  

mstrpth likes this

19 hours ago, Ashley P said:

I'm not sure.  I'd question the harness layout. 

A 2002 silverado: image

Below is 1997 Tahoe.

Images don't show UP 

19 hours ago, gammey4 said:

That can be arranged!

Coming to the dyno day?

I'll let you have the PAC springs and Ti-Retainers if you come and lay some gammey majic on this trans and get it shifting correctly. :hyper:

I'll bring the rockers and all along, too. :up:

That can be arranged!

Coming to the dyno day?

I'll let you have the PAC springs and Ti-Retainers if you come and lay some gammey majic on this trans and get it shifting correctly. :hyper:

I'll bring the rockers and all along, too. :up:

I won’t be putting my truck on the dyno because of the tires but I can meet you up there after everyone is done.

1 minute ago, gammey4 said:

I won’t be putting my truck on the dyno because of the tires but I can meet you up there after everyone is done.

I'll be there. Parts in hand. PM me if anything changes. :up:

I'll be there. Parts in hand. PM me if anything changes. :up:

Will do, I’ll need the address also.