Chad

Random thought thread

17,019 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Disney said:

Makes you wonder how much crap got in the cabin before these filters.

Nobody noticed 'cause the windows were all down.  And if crap got caught in the mode door you just worked the lever back and forth to wiggle the door.   Ahhh, the good ole days...

took a pic of mine before taking the trash off. This is after I threw it in the back of the truck. seems like most of that shouldn't have made it that far. Am I missing something?

filter.jpg

Alex Garcia<br>PHOTO:Graves County Jail

ADVERTISEMENT

Man Arrested After Graves County Tractor Pursuit
By West Kentucky Star Staff
GRAVES COUNTY, KY - A man was arrested early Thursday morning in Graves County after he apparently stole a tractor and led police on a slow-speed chase.

According to the Graves County Sheriff's Office, at approximately 1:30 am, deputies received a report that a farm tractor with no lights or slow-moving emblem was traveling south on KY 303. 

Deputies initiated their emergency equipment but the man refused to stop. Deputies pursued him for several minutes. The man said he could not shut the tractor off so a deputy got out of his patrol car, jumped on the tractor and killed the engine.

The driver was arrested. He initially told deputies his name was Juan Carlos, but police later learned his name was Alex Garcia, and he had just been released from the Graves County Jail. Garcia was charged with fleeing or evading police, wanton endangerment, giving an officer false identification and failure to display a slow-moving vehicle emblem.

The sheriff's office believes the tractor Garcia was driving may have been stolen from the area just south of Mayfield near KY 303. Anyone in that area missing a tractor is asked to call the Graves County Sheriff's Office at 270-247-4501.

66sprint6 likes this

This is normal right? This makes the second time this year I've had to fix this unit. 3 yr old Goodman

air.jpg

24 minutes ago, Disney said:

Low on refrigerant and or airflow.

inside fan wasn't turning. Put my money on the capacitor. I picked one up today and will change it out this evening. If its the motor I'll call it a warranty fix.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Disney said:

Does it attempt to start? Will it start if you give it a whirl? IS the cap swollen up?

it does not. I didn't try. nope, looked normal.

Changed the cap. Didn't immediately start. I had to switch it from auto fan to just on then back to auto. Working fine now.

-Side note - I couldn't find the breaker to kill power to it. I was fine with working it hot I just thought that was weird that I couldn't find it. gotta look into that a little more.

4 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

^ Aren't all HVAC units supposed to have a breaker box within about 10' of the unit?

outside they do. this one is in the attic so I'm not sure of the codes with that.

Ashley P likes this

32 minutes ago, Disney said:

Man, he just kept hitting that Pontiac to redline! I bet he hit 3800rpm 5 times!

And with all that TORQUE that's all the dyno could handle.  :yes:

Get you some vids of that car vs. the BBF powered AC Cobra...the big Poncho held it's own.  At least it made the Cobra work for it so much it blew a headgasket.  :) 

4 hours ago, Disney said:

Man, he just kept hitting that Pontiac to redline! I bet he hit 3800rpm 5 times!

3800? That's too high for that Pontiac!

Also that thing is AWD? That's pretty damn impressive.

JohnC and Disney like this

It's not AWD, at least I assume it's not.  I've watched every vid I know of him and he's fishtailing outta turns and laying 500' of posi marks on the street "drag racing".

And 3800 ain't nothing for a race Pontiac, even I've turned a nearly stock one to 4100. :yes: 

ls1adam84 and 66sprint6 like this

Randomness: 

Somebody Meme this:  I don't always get asked for a receipt when leaving Wall-nut with a huge cart of mostly food, but when I am, I politely say "no thank you, sir" and keep walking.  

Prayer excerpt from the 4 yo "dear God, thank you for the groundhog.  Please let it come to our house so we can shoot it."    lol  That's muh boy... :) 

Disney likes this

Freaking scammers....  I have a CC that I use for sketchy things like travel, airbnb, crap like that. Pay off every month and keep 0 balance. So I get a fraud alert saying they stopped two charges a couple weeks ago. I'm like... COOL! thanks! I push a button on my phone and they cancel that card and send me a new one. F-FWD to today and I go online to activate the new card and see two charges on there that aint me. So they blocked two charges for like $0.99 each and they let through two charges for $49.99. WTF. So I call and since it's been two weeks I have to go through some investigator process where they may not be able to credit me back. 

I really really wish we had the death sentence available for the people who do this crap for a living. 

mstrpth, 66sprint6, JohnC and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Disney said:

Freaking scammers....  I have a CC that I use for sketchy things like travel, airbnb, crap like that. Pay off every month and keep 0 balance. So I get a fraud alert saying they stopped two charges a couple weeks ago. I'm like... COOL! thanks! I push a button on my phone and they cancel that card and send me a new one. F-FWD to today and I go online to activate the new card and see two charges on there that aint me. So they blocked two charges for like $0.99 each and they let through two charges for $49.99. WTF. So I call and since it's been two weeks I have to go through some investigator process where they may not be able to credit me back. 

I really really wish we had the death sentence available for the people who do this crap for a living. 

I've been through it twice.

I don't get how they steal our info and are able to buy **** so easy...

But I'll go farther...

Once, some scammers hacked my back acct online and sent two bank certified checks to an address out of state for nearly $1k each (they were like $989.99 or some ****).

That **** happened while I was way out on the west coast in Riverside CA.

I was like WTF?

No electronic money FTW!   Now, who wants to trade an LS camshaft for some sweet corn?