Chad

Random thought thread

17,348 posts in this topic

I avg 13ish or so on E85 when the weather is decent enough.  I dont drive hard all the time but there is rarely a trip anywhere that I dont rip on it at least once lol

Matt

26 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

I avg 13ish or so on E85 when the weather is decent enough.  I dont drive hard all the time but there is rarely a trip anywhere that I dont rip on it at least once lol

Matt

Before these mods, I averaged 12.5 to 13.5 mpg's on E85.

Before the DoD / AFM delete I got around 23-24 mpg's average on 93 pump gas with just a RAI and Cosa catback.

Just turning that DoD / AFM off in the tune dropped my mpg's to 17-18 mpg's average on 93 pump gas.

The DSX Flex Fuel Sensor on E85 went 12.5 to 13.5 mpg's with just CAI, Scoop and Catback. Later went cat deletes, but didn't change mpg's.

Now heads, cam, Lt's etc., on E85 looks like 8 to 9 mpg's. :lol:

I'll try a tank of 93 pump gas soon. I doubt I'll get any more than 3 to 4 mpg's more average.

I got almost 18 mpg on my trip to daytona and back on 93.  My average economy readout on the dash is off a couple mpg.  I'm sure changing injectors has some effect on it.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

I got almost 18 mpg on my trip to daytona and back on 93.  My average economy readout on the dash is off a couple mpg.  I'm sure changing injectors has some effect on it.

I'll do the math on my next fill-up and see if it is indeed off. :up:

This is the end result of craftsman charging $5 for single replacement sockets and wrenches, but only $15 for complete sets.  Eventually I bought all snap on wrenches and sockets, so all these are spares.  Not shown are the 15 craftsman ratchets and 20 extensions.

IMG_0957[1].JPG

IMG_0955[1].JPG

I pulled out the oldest as they are likely from my original set I got when I was 12.  I still have my Craftsman 3 drawer Rally Box that I put them in.  This set served me faithfully through my teenage years and college.  I don't hang onto a lot of stuff as sentimental, but this is one thing that stays.  Too bad I don't have a son to pass this and my snap on stuff down to.

IMG_0976[1].JPG

That left all these, which I made into a car set to keep in my truck.  This would make the third set with a handful missing.  I still have a cheap pitsburg metric set that stays in my V.

IMG_0975[1].JPG

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

fwiw, i just went Friday and swapped a broken 3/8 Drive P2 socket $0 .....you talking about replacing a lost one??

Im still working on sets like that tho Im getting closer and closer to having decent versions of each tool.  I try my damnedest to have one solid/complete set and then a ton of floaters around just in case.

Matt

I had a similar situation, Mike. I gathered up all my spares and extras. Called the tool truck and he came right to my house. I swapped all my extras for a nice set of sockets and a 1/4 drive ratchet. I came out ahead I think.

66sprint6 likes this

You can try to make that Kooks system stop droning OR you can put the known drone free Corsa's back on.  Hell, even if you cut the Corsa Mufflers off and welded them to the Kooks pipes so you have 3" all around it would likely help.  Outside of that you might look at Helmholtz resonator J pipes and see if anyone has made them work.  The muffler delete setup I had on the ST had one and it worked like a champ.  Mustang guys all across the years say they have made them work with good results as well.  I dont think Resonators or Cats will do much BUT it might take the edge off and if thats all you need then that might work.

The Magnaflow setup that came on the GT was DRONE CITY and I hated it.  The Corsa's are louder by a long shot but there is absolutely 0 drone and I love it.

Good luck

Matt

The drone is so loud that I've got vibrating noises in the interior toward the back seat, trunk and maybe around the center console. :lol:

No way the 2.5in Corsa is going back on. :no:

I'll try the cats, but if they don't work, I'll try to find some true 3in Corsa (if they make them) resonators and see if I can get them welded in the Kooks 3in system.

46 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The drone is so loud that I've got vibrating noises in the interior toward the back seat, trunk and maybe around the center console. :lol:

No way the 2.5in Corsa is going back on. :no:

I'll try the cats, but if they don't work, I'll try to find some true 3in Corsa (if they make them) resonators and see if I can get them welded them in the Kooks 3in system.

Sounds like you need a prius :D 

It's almost windows down weather so I wouldn't worry with it.

Ashley P likes this

8 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

Sounds like you need aPURPLE prius :D 

It's almost windows down weather so I wouldn't worry with it.

^ The JohnC fix applied. :yes:

Tino and mstrpth like this

My Corsa setup is 3" but not sure about what they offer for the Camaro.  On the Mustang setup there are no resonators, its the Muffler itself that gets rid of the drone so Im not sure if resonators will do anything other than waste money, time and hack up your Kooks setup.  Oh and it might deepen up the sound and get rid of any rasp it might have, but I dont remember hearing any rasp in the videos Ive seen!  From what Ive seen, Cats get rid of smell, Resonators get rid of rasp and Muffler design or Helmholtz pipes get rid of drone.  The Cats and Resonators will quiet it down a bit which MIGHT be all you need to be happy tho, never know.  Is the exhaust touching anything anywhere by chance?  

Matt