Chad

Random thought thread

17,220 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What was your mph before?

90s trap speed should easily put you in the 7s. Just need some traction. 

Edited by Tino

4 hours ago, Tino said:

What was your mph before?

90s trap speed should easily put you in the 7s. Just need some traction. 

This #8203

0acdc4aa6d2ba84c8c671116abaa7705.jpg

I was always slower at the hill.

I’m telling you, I never got a chance because of wheel spin and bouncing off the rev limiter.

It’s definitely in the 7’s aka 11’s with a tire and more tuning to keep it from over reving on up-shifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best run. Spun out of the hole, lifted, eased back in it. I think it short shifted to 2nd as a result.

Tino likes this

Damnit man I wanted to go but decided not to.  Your mph is WAY up from before but I bet it's got more in it.  Traction will help a TON.  She's got 7's easy at that mph but I bet with good traction it'll go deeeeeep 7's!!!  I'm going next weekend, let's meet up and see what we can do!

Matt

Damnit man I wanted to go but decided not to.  Your mph is WAY up from before but I bet it's got more in it.  Traction will help a TON.  She's got 7's easy at that mph but I bet with good traction it'll go deeeeeep 7's!!!  I'm going next weekend, let's meet up and see what we can do!

Matt

I have to work and forecast shows rain anyway.

9543fb42984021cdaac2d2c16ef2eb3e.jpg

Well hell so the bench racing will have to continue and I won't get to see that thing roll out for a couple weeks?!?!?!?!  :smirk:

I'll be out there next Tues if all goes well to dust off the ole driver mod and then maybe we can get together next time your free.  I wanna see it on tires not street tires so take this time to GET SOME GRIP!!!!  Im thinking bout doing similar depending on how Tues goes (these Continentals are already on the wear bars and I also kinda wanna see how deep in the 7's I can go with nothing more than eliminating all the spinning I do down the track). 

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

That 2.07 60ft was spinning out of the hole and letting off.

Comparing that run to my best ever 1/4 run, it beat that 1/4 60ft  and ET despite all the issues.

If I can get a 1/4 mile pass, I bet even if I spun and ran crappy like this in the 1/8 that I'd still hit 11's because this mofo pulls up top and just doesn't stop!

Well poop.  Ok, do me a favor, look at your schedule and tell me the next Tues or Friday you have off and Ill try to lock out my schedule right now so we can make it out together.  Im still mad at myself for missing out.

Matt

JohnC likes this

9 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

(these Continentals are already on the wear bars

In my experience, bald street tires work pretty well on a prepped track.

1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

LOL what about on a track that, even when "prepped" can still be a skating rink?

Matt

5th amendment for me! 

66sprint6 likes this

@JohnC Im an idiot, what I meant before was that Im going next WEEK, not weekend.  On Tues me and my buddy with the 2018 EcoBoost are gonna head out for some fun and (fingers crossed) the weather looks AMAZING.  PLEASE tell me your off that night (i doubt it but Im still gonna ask LOL) cause it might be your best chance at putting down some good times!!!  We would be happy to watch and see if theres any way to squeek you into the 7's on street tires!!!

Matt

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Only one way to find out is what Im gonna say :lol:

Ill take care of the traction issues once we get outta the busy season and I can see/think straight again.  Almost there.

Matt

Don't tell me you are a tax or audit person?

I work at LBMC and man busy season is kicking everyone's butt right now.

Small business accountant and we do Personal Taxes as well so this is the time of year I normally crawl in a hole and dont get to come out.  This year thanks to some office help and having had Luke, Ive been able to peak my head out and enjoy myself a bit more than before.  Usually ends with a small bonus for all the extra work which I try to put a little towards fun stuff.  This year itll go towards traction for the GT or who knows.  

Matt

Disney and ls1adam84 like this

37 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Small business accountant and we do Personal Taxes as well so this is the time of year I normally crawl in a hole and dont get to come out.  This year thanks to some office help and having had Luke, Ive been able to peak my head out and enjoy myself a bit more than before.  Usually ends with a small bonus for all the extra work which I try to put a little towards fun stuff.  This year itll go towards traction for the GT or who knows.  

Matt

Ahhh nice! Great line of work to be in.

We have a lot of people here working after midnight, and when it was my turn to be on call I got calls at all hours of the night.

Funny enough not all emergencies, and stuff that they should have tried to troubleshoot before we got involved.

66sprint6 likes this

Looked over some new logs...

Car has a lot more left in it.

When it spins, it shifts in to 2nd way early.

But biggest issue I seen is that it's shifting too early in every gear.it should be shifting at about 6,800 rpm but it is only shifting at about 6,000 rpm's.

TSP_VVT_3.2_Cam.jpg