Chad

Random thought thread

17,583 posts in this topic

I would own one in a heartbeat... of America. Yeah, I like the 5th and 6th gens both. Its tough to say without looking at them side by side, but I think I prefer the 6th gen. Either one would be a dope hot rod.

JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

Hey Disney...

After working on my Red, with black interior, hard top coupe, (used to be) automatic, six cylinder destined to be swapped for a v8 1966 Mustang would you ever own one...oh wait

:roflmao:

Matt

Disney likes this

6 minutes ago, Disney said:

Nailed it!  I would even consider combining the best parts of the 66 Mustang and 5th Gen Camaro into one car!

But how do you combine the "no government bailout needed" portion of the Mustang with the Camaro??

mstrpth and 66sprint6 like this

Im not into bastard swaps but an LS3 in that tiny car would be terrifying.  I would rather see one slapped in one of those little 3 series BMWs you got floating around!

Matt

Matt,

If you want to come sit in the C10 you will see why it's difficult to make it work when you are actually man sized, something AshleyP doesn't know anything about he's a shorty lol.

Ashley if they sold a manual Silverado 1500 in the newer body style I would buy it.

Honestly I love the idea of building the C10, but what I have learned is that even if you build a daily driver, it requires more tinkering than I have time for.

Ashley P likes this

But...but...its just such a good looking truck!!!!!!!  Can you keep it AND get a DD????  

Are they really that small inside?  I guess I need to check it out sometime.  If it were an old Ford Ide likely come home with it but thats another addiction for another day.

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

19 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

Matt,

If you want to come sit in the C10 you will see why it's difficult to make it work when you are actually man sized, something AshleyP doesn't know anything about he's a shorty lol.

I didn't know my 6'6" frame was small till I had to stand on a curb to look you eye to eye...and you were sitting down.  :stare:  lol

66sprint6 and ls1adam84 like this

1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

But...but...its just such a good looking truck!!!!!!!  Can you keep it AND get a DD????  

Are they really that small inside?  I guess I need to check it out sometime.  If it were an old Ford Ide likely come home with it but thats another addiction for another day.

Matt

Yeah it is pretty tight inside, believe me I have a nice build planned to put a t56 and rebuild the 350 with a nice size cam and some nice heads, but building a daily driver is not on the list right now for what I can handle with school, work, and trying to figure out some health issues.

66sprint6 likes this

50 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

Yeah it is pretty tight inside, believe me I have a nice build planned to put a t56 and rebuild the 350 with a nice size cam and some nice heads, but building a daily driver is not on the list right now for what I can handle with school, work, and trying to figure out some health issues.

Health issues are #1, the rest can and should wait!

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

An LS3 in a 66 would be scary!

Heck yeah, or a Coyote swap even.  Im actually thinking no thanks on that right now.  Its a ton of fun with what little it makes now so Im good.  Now a Foxbody, which feels quite a bit more stable to me, thats the light weight car Ide like to have that kinda power in!

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

22 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

Yeah we are waiting on a biopsy of my stomach to see if the lesions in my stomach are from a bacterial infection, or what is causing them.

We'll be praying for you, bud.

Powershift?  Or speedshift?

Nevermind.  I got no speed, power, or shift these days....:(     When I fixed my Corolla this fall it ran better.  I caught myself immediately after thinking "this thing is peppy". 

Disney, ls1adam84, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Ashley P said:

Nevermind.  I got no speed, power, or shift these days....:(     When I fixed my Corolla this fall it ran better.  I caught myself immediately after thinking "this thing is peppy". 

The other day, somebody told me that I was one of the old generation of "Behind the plant racers."  I guess he's right, but at least I haven't stooped to having a "peppy" Corolla. :winkgrin:

Ashley P likes this

Screw it, wife suggested I go to the hill and see what it'll do.

So I'm going to roll the dice and go make a couple shakedown passes on these street tires. :fear:

Doubt it'll hook, but maybe i can pedal it and see some improvement over stock 8.5's. :lol:

Pray for me. I don't want to hit a wall. :meh:

ls1adam84 and Disney like this

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Screw it, wife suggested I go to the hill and see what it'll do.

Finally, the voice of reason.  :)    Vids or.....you know.

And just walk it out and roll into it, and aim for a point WAY beyond the end of your lane.

ls1adam84 likes this

Eased in to throttle, spun, it short shifted to 2nd, bounced off the rev limiter going from 2nd to 3rd, and sailed on.

8.4 @ 90 :lol:

46a7825c482b80534c5cd886c5cf2afb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashley P likes this