Chad

Random thought thread

17,347 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2018 at 8:50 AM, JohnC said:

Had heads, cam, converter, full exhaust and some fuel system upgrades done at Disneyland. Now it's in the Toonerz hands. :yes:

This is all I've seen of it since it left my possession:

That makes me feel better. I was concerned that you had sold it.

Back in the good ole days GM made 100 hp per cylinder at 600 rpm.  Got torque?  That's about 10,500 lb/ft.  (Data @ 6:43)  

The thing that I don't care for with videos like that is who was the original shop, what was the customer originally asking for...

They say it came from a competitor, but they don't say which one, and really it is missing the original info.

Now not saying that it isn't awesome they gained more power, but did they just go all out for one dyno pull to make themselves sound awesome? 

I don't know why that bothers me so much, but man it's a pet peve when shops pull that whole "We got this form another shop". Hell I think my buddy Ryne used to do that, but now he just posts what the info is from when the car gets to him.

66sprint6 likes this

Posted (edited)

Alright I am going to poll y'all.

We have discussed putting the C10 up for sale along with the civic and getting a 2011-2013/2104 GMC Sierra or Silverado as my daily driver.

What do you all think? I would be putting the c10 up for about $6500, it has a 350/350 combo with a new water pump and 4 core radiator. it runs great and I will be rebuilding the steering.

If you think I should go for it, do you know someone that would want to buy the C10?

Edited by ls1adam84

That completely up to you.  I've sold off the toys to get a newer nicer DD and tho I regretted selling em, the new ride was niiiiiice and I traded it for something even nicer.  I still think about going back to DDing a nice Fox or something similar but can't say I wouldn't miss all the creature comforts and nice ride of the GT.

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

13 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

Alright I am going to poll y'all.

We have discussed putting the C10 up for sale along with the civic and getting a 2011-2013/2104 GMC Sierra or Silverado as my daily driver.

What do you all think? I would be putting the c10 up for about $6500, it has a 350/350 combo with a new water pump and 4 core radiator. it runs great and I will be rebuilding the steering.

If you think I should go for it, do you know someone that would want to buy the C10?

Depends:  Do you prefer OLD junk or NEW junk?   lol 

66sprint6 likes this

13 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Depends:  Do you prefer OLD junk or NEW junk?   lol 

Well the newer truck has an LS motor, so it would be new awesomeness, and I would be getting rid of an old SBC junky motor, because all old 350's with carb's just suck lol

I would be looking at a lower mile truck, and this idea is quite tempting.

It has a hitch on it, the previous owner put a cab light in it, it's a bench seat truck.

Honestly I towed a trailer with my old lawn mower and a bunch of random stuff when we moved last year from the house in Franklin down to the new house in Spring Hill.

I change my vote.

KEEP THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LS swap it with a nice Auto with OD, EFI, AC and leave it looking exactly the way it looks.  Im not a Chevy truck guy but Ide keep that sucker all day long, especially over a newer POS!!!

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

I change my vote.

KEEP THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LS swap it with a nice Auto with OD, EFI, AC and leave it looking exactly the way it looks.  Im not a Chevy truck guy but Ide keep that sucker all day long, especially over a newer POS!!!

Matt

Well you see the newer GM trucks aren't nearly as crappy as a newer f150.

I would never be able to daily drive the C10 my back cant do it. I need comfy like an old man.

Tino likes this

9 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

I would never be able to daily drive the C10 my back cant do it. I need comfy like an old man, power steering, air conditioning, power windows, cruise control, and a womanly automatic transmission.

^ What's wrong with America right there:   Pansies.    :)

11 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

Well you see the newer GM trucks aren't nearly as crappy as a newer f150.

I would never be able to daily drive the C10 my back cant do it. I need comfy like an old man.

Then comfy it up!!!  Ide drive an 80's F150 over any new C10 or newer F150 (till the ecoboost/coyote trucks those are great trucks)...oh wait, I DO drive an 80's F150 rather than any of those LOL.  I love that old C10 man and would do all I could afford to make it work.  Ive never been in an older C10 but my 77 F100 rode like I was on a giant couch and I had back issues back then too.  My friend had a late 70's 4x4 chevy that rode like it didnt have suspension at all, terrible and I expected the 78 F250 4x4 I got off my brother in law to ride similar but it ended up being SUPER comfortable comparatively as well.  Im still annoyed that I let it go so quick tho it is in good hands.  

Buy a turbochicken, drive that while you get the C10 updated and comfortable then start driving it again.  WIN!

:lol:

Matt

46 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Buy a turbochicken, drive that while you get the C10 updated and comfortable then start driving it again.  WIN!

:lol:

Matt

Dang.  And just when his delusions were fading....:shake:

66sprint6 likes this

Hey Im all about Turbocoupes.  When I had my maroon 84 SVO in college I pulled into the tiny Kwik Sak thats right next to campus to get gas.  Literally the ONLY time I ever did actually.  Anyways, I went in to pay and walked out and nose to nose at the pumps with the SVO was a maroon turbo coupe.  GORGEOUS car, looked to be in better shape than the SVO and it was a sharp car.  I walked over to it and admired it and then this absolutely beautiful girl walked out and started pumping gas in it.  I almost had a heart attack, took a deep breath, noticed that the stars were aligning and fate was screaming at me THIS IS THE ONE so I went in to say hi.  Didnt take 10 seconds for her to be entirely annoyed by me and me realize that she could CARE LESS about the coincidence and that daddy musta been a fan but she wasnt a fan.  The look on her face when she looked at the SVO was less than enthusiastic so I topped off the tank and rolled out quick.  Little primadonna.

:roflmao:

Matt

ls1adam84 and Ashley P like this

Much dislikey.  The taillights look much better but the front isnt doing it for me.  The silver one doesnt look as bad as the others but its still no good.  From the first "facelift" of the 5th gen Camaro on I quit liking them with an acception being the ZL1's those look slick no matter the year.

After looking again, the ones with the body color between the upper and lower grills look better than the ones with the black in between to me.

Matt