Chad

Random thought thread

16,938 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Disney said:

That's strange. I wonder if they will March to DC to help stop mass stabbings?

Well no because knives are not scary, like those mean evil guns!

Edited by ls1adam84
JohnC and Disney like this

14 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

That motor was built by McLaren. It is an engineering work of art. Maybe more like a Jackson Polluck work of art, but a work of art.

A  1 hp/cid small block shebby is a "work of art"?   Another acid trip??  lol   Man, I'm the only person in my family to own a small block that's not OVER 1 hp/cid.

Almost edit:  Jackson Pollock's art....more acid trips, so I see what you did there. ;)  lol

66sprint6 and ls1adam84 like this

19 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Heck no, doesnt fit the agenda.  Its NOT about student safety, its about guns .

The poor student protesters arent even aware that they are nothing more than pawns in this mess and even if they get what they are out for...it WONT change a thing.  Those who dont believe that the lack of accountability, parenting and morals that led the kids to use the guns in the way they did is just as important in the fight against violence are naive at best or are all about pushing the party agenda despite the fact that it wont fix a damned thing.

Matt

Exactly, but the second you start speaking logically about the issue, you then become a racist, and an "NRA Pawn".

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

3 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

A  1 hp/cid small block shebby is a "work of art"?   Another acid trip??  lol   Man, I'm the only person in my family to own a small block that's not OVER 1 hp/cid.

Almost edit:  Jackson Pollock's art....more acid trips, so I see what you did there. ;)  lol

Well actually for a 1992 motor it isn't too bad, come on I know you know motors better than that. 390lb/ft of torque on that thing, it had to meet the emissions standards of 1992 and still have electronic controls.

For what it is, that's pretty decent.

However the 89 TTA was a way better car.

JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, ls1adam84 said:

Exactly, but the second you start speaking logically about the issue, you then become a racist, and an "NRA Pawn".

Truth, and Im not either one.  I literally just want my kid to not be an ass, and to be safe.  Common sense.

Matt

JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

8 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Truth, and Im not either one.  I literally just want my kid to not be an ass, to be a good shot, and to be safe.  Common sense.

Matt

How's my mod? ^

Yes, he may or may not be a good shot but it wont be for lack of trying.  He will learn about firearms and will be around them all his childhood life.  Same with tools, knives, cars, dogs...other generally accepted yet dangerous inanimate objects that are only dangerous when in the wrong hands or incorrectly/inappropriately used.

Matt

ls1adam84 and Ashley P like this

^ We recently filled out an EXHAUSTIVE survey regarding our oldest for a "survivor of chemo" study.  One question was "does he start fires", Yes or No.   Yes. ...my wife added "because we live in the country and burn brush piles".  :) 

66sprint6 likes this

Odd, but never missed my Mustang GT when I was away from it.

But I miss my Camaro SS.

I think the LSx/LTx bug has bitten me deep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ls1adam84 likes this

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Odd, but never missed my Mustang GT when I was away from it.

But I miss my Camaro SS.

I think the LSx/LTx bug has bitten me deep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I missed something?

JohnC likes this

On 4/1/2018 at 8:03 AM, JohnC said:

668 whp stock

Man that is nice. I just put together an arctic white ZR1 at a total cost of $144,000..

So looks like I will never be buying one of those lol.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

15 hours ago, Mike said:

It’s not a 15” conversion problem.  It’s a drag radial problem.  Don’t dyno on drag radials, they come apart.

I don't get why a dyno is any worse than the tire contacting the street. Enlighten me?

On 4/2/2018 at 9:22 PM, Raceall said:

Have I missed something?

Had heads, cam, converter, full exhaust and some fuel system upgrades done at Disneyland. Now it's in the Toonerz hands. :yes:

This is all I've seen of it since it left my possession:

Raceall and ls1adam84 like this

Two reasons.  One because you are putting a round surface on a round surface, the contact patch is very small.  This causes a lot of heat to build in the tire.

Two, because the roller, bends the belts backwards.  Normally rolling down a flat road, the section of tire touching the pavement doesn't go past flat.  On the dyno, it goes from the normal bend inside the tire, to bent backwards and it does that once every revolution.  Think about bending a paperclip back and forth.  Do that a few hundred rotations on each dyno pull all while putting big hp to the tire. 

If you ever go to a chassis dyno, pay attention to how much rubber is slung off your tire.  It's hard on tires.  I've seen ridials and bias ply slick leave piles of rubber on the dyno just from a few pulls.

M/T actually voids your tire warranty when you put any of their tires on a chassis dyno.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506582

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Two reasons.  One because you are putting a round surface on a round surface, the contact patch is very small.  This causes a lot of heat to build in the tire.

Two, because the roller, bends the belts backwards.  Normally rolling down a flat road, the section of tire touching the pavement doesn't go past flat.  On the dyno, it goes from the normal bend inside the tire, to bent backwards and it does that once every revolution.  Think about bending a paperclip back and forth.  Do that a few hundred rotations on each dyno pull all while putting big hp to the tire. 

If you ever go to a chassis dyno, pay attention to how much rubber is slung off your tire.  It's hard on tires.  I've seen ridials and bias ply slick leave piles of rubber on the dyno just from a few pulls.

M/T actually voids your tire warranty when you put any of their tires on a chassis dyno.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506582

^^^

What he said.

I am really surprised they had it on the dyno with them on. Most of the shop owners I know won't allow that...

Ahh. OK. Good to know! :up:

You'd think the shop owner would have known this. The dyno manufacturer should've include that as part of the warnings, too.

66sprint6 likes this

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

Had heads, cam, converter, full exhaust and some fuel system upgrades done at Disneyland. Now it's in the Toonerz hands. :yes:

This is all I've seen of it since it left my possession:

Sounds amazing man.

JohnC likes this

Anyone know a good catfish rod? 

Something maybe for a 7-8lb tuxedo, calicos or marmalades maybe a good comparison.  :lol: