Chad

Random thought thread

17,261 posts in this topic

Drop top makes him hefty but probably not much heftier than your hard top (since the 6th gens are slightly lighter) and he makes good power stock!  Better toss those mods on and then run him for that plate!

Matt

25 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Drop top makes him hefty but probably not much heftier than your hard top (since the 6th gens are slightly lighter) and he makes good power stock!  Better toss those mods on and then run him for that plate!

Matt

These new 8 and 10 speed auto's make them faster, too.

My car needs more trans tuning again. It has weird ways of calculating shifts and since I reset the pcm and reinstalled the cats, it's getting flare between shifts again. :wall:

25 minutes ago, JohnC said:

These new 8 and 10 speed auto's make them faster, too.

My car needs more trans tuning again. It has weird ways of calculating shifts and since I reset the pcm and reinstalled the cats, it's getting flare between shifts again. :wall:

Bleh.

Matt

On 3/3/2018 at 7:53 PM, Ashley P said:

Finally you get it!  :D 

Do I need to remind you of this video? The Auto pulled the fastest timeslip. :yes:

The auto's nowadays are better than manuals. :up:

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

Do I need to remind you of this video? The Auto pulled the fastest timeslip. :yes:

The auto's nowadays are better than manuals. :up:

Autos are better in the test that "HOT ROD" performed in that vid, which incluedes:  A)  a driver who has JUST been exposed to a manual camaro and B) a camaro with street tires on a drag strip.  See discussion of racing at "the Hill" on street tires.

Conclusion:  JD Power must have overseen this test. lol

And if the auto is so good, why are you attempting to program it differently?

Edited by Ashley P

2 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Autos are better in the test that "HOT ROD" performed in that vid, which incluedes:  A)  a driver who has JUST been exposed to a manual camaro and B) a camaro with street tires on a drag strip.  See discussion of racing at "the Hill" on street tires.

Conclusion:  JD Power must have overseen this test. lol

And if the auto is so good, why are you attempting to program it differently?

Don't ask dumb questions you already know the answer to. :shake:

You have the point of using those two test drivers backwards. They put a pro racer in the stick car against a regular woman in an auto. The auto car beat the manual car which was piloted by the pro racer. That should be enough proof that the stick is slower.

That track isn't the hill. The hill just sucks. :lol:

I said the new auto's are better. My car is almost a decade old now. It had a **** ton of tq management, fuel management, etc., killing the power in favor of traction and gas mileage. It's should be obvious to a car guy why I turned that stuff off. The last piece of that puzzle is getting rid of the cam that doesn't even rev as high as a LS3 and those DoD lifters which fail.

You know this. You work on these engines all day. ;)

Ashley P likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Don't ask dumb questions you already know the answer to. :shake:

You have the point of using those two test drivers backwards. They put a pro racer in the stick car against a regular woman in an auto. The auto car beat the manual car which was piloted by the pro racer. That should be enough proof that the stick is slower.

That track isn't the hill. The hill just sucks. :lol:

I said the new auto's are better. My car is almost a decade old now. It had a **** ton of tq management, fuel management, etc., killing the power in favor of traction and gas mileage. It's should be obvious to a car guy why I turned that stuff off. The last piece of that puzzle is getting rid of the cam that doesn't even rev as high as a LS3 and those DoD lifters which fail.

You know this. You work on these engines all day. ;)

Edit: Sorry, John replied before I could correct my post.

Edited by Ashley P

5 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

The "pro racer" had how much camaro manual trans experience? 

ALL tracks will be JUNK when treaded street tires (normal tires, not DOT race tires) are used.  That will cause a firm clutch release to result in spin. Spin = slow.

Obviously you just like arguing.  :lol:

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I said the new auto's are better.

Better for what, women to drive to work while putting on lipstick??

If you're claiming better for drag racing, why'd COPO's get......an OLD th400 auto??????????????????????    Like Elvis said,  "You're caught in a trap..."

66sprint6 likes this

2 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Better for what, women to drive to work while putting on lipstick??

If you're claiming better for drag racing, why'd COPO's get......an OLD th400 auto??????????????????????    Like Elvis said,  "You're caught in a trap..."

Don't you have some AFM LSx lifters to replace now? :rofl:

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Don't you have some AFM LSx lifters to replace now? :rofl:

What, your car?  Sure, bring it over!  lol   Cancel that converter order and get a manual upgrade... :)   All kidding aside, I just enjoyed the banter and hope you had a restful (at least relative to normal) day.

And Raceall better trade that van for a barge since HE CAN SEE THE RIVER FROM HIS PORCH NOW.....  

Edited by Ashley P
66sprint6 likes this

You need bald tires and something with more power than a chebby, that way you could just hydroplane across.

On 3/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, Ashley P said:

Hardest hit ever?   Skip to 1:48

Skip to about 2:55. But the whole video shows it really well, and in English.... 

66sprint6 likes this