Chad

Random thought thread

17,206 posts in this topic

Just now, mstrpth said:

Knife out on me = I consider that a lethal threat.

He backed off just in time. :yes:

Though I'd had a great excuse to shoot him, I don't want to do that if the situation can be defused at all.

It takes a lot of time and money to defend your freedom if a DA decides he wants to make an example out of you to go after 2A, Stand Your Ground aka Self-Defense, TN HCP's, etc.

It'll have to be a bit more serious for me to shoot anyone in self-defense.

He was on foot while I was sitting in my car. I had plenty of time and space to escape his deadly force. I'm sure a DA would have seen it that way, too.

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'll be getting on soon. Any recommendations?

I don't own one, but I'd make sure its at least 1080 @ 60fps

@JohnC

I had some old guy get out of his car on me off Carothers. I had my 1911 sitting in the door, and I knew it was there, but I also did not want to have to deal with any law issues.

The old man cut me off and I nearly hit the center divider while I was in the Civic, and he swung back out to the right lane and cut me off a second time the stopped next to my car started yelling and go out.

I rolled my window slightly down, and just said "Sir I am sorry you feel that way after nearly causing me to crash, but please just get back in your car and let us enjoy the rest of our day."

My friend from church was behind me, and saw the whole thing. He said "Dang Adam it's a good thing you weren't carrying that day right?" When I told him I actually was, he was shocked I didn't stand my ground, but I really don't see a traffic incident as the place to draw my firearm. 

Good job on keeping your head level man, there are a$$hats out there and it's not worth the hassle of dealing with the law.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Ok... reinstalled cats for emission test.

Checked on my HP Tuners and after a couple drives my cats show ready, but EGR and stuff still aren’t.

How much driving and key cycling does it take to reset?

Today is the end of the month, so by tomorrow my tags are expired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Ok... reinstalled cats for emission test. Checked on my HP Tuners and after a couple drivers my cats show ready, but EGR and stuff still aren’t.

How much driving and key cycling does it take to reset?

Today is the end of the month, so by tomorrow my tags are expired.

The EGR things won't ever show ready, mine was the same way.  I read something about 3 of 5 have to be ready to pass.  If your light isn't on, you are good.

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

The EGR things won't ever show ready, mine was the same way.  I read something about 3 of 5 have to be ready to pass.  If your light isn't on, you are good.

Well, a bunch of drives cycles today and my O2 heater and O2 show status not ready.

Did I screw my tune or does that also stay not ready?

No CEL but I thought a not ready reading would fail me on O2's?

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Well rolling the dice and testing it now.

415939605c8a1d2a969b3231ed86bffb.jpg

Tell 'em your car self identifies as a 1990 Dodge truck w/5.9 Cummins.  No test for you!

mstrpth and ls1adam84 like this

It failed. O2's status was incomplete. Evidently, I have to drive it longer for them to be ready.

Just great. Tags expired Jan 31.... :wall: 

Fwiw. GoPro Hero 6 Black is on sale $100 off and free 2 day shipping. 

Cams : https://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero6-black/CHDHX-601.html

Mounts: https://shop.gopro.com/mounts/suction-cup/AUCMT-302.html

Memory: https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/sandisk-extreme-32gb-microsdhc/ASDMC-432.html

I bought two GoPro Hero 6 Black's, two suction cup swivel mounts and two 32gb memory cards.

Let another road rager mess with me. I'll have all the evidence I need to have them arrested. :pleased: 

1 hour ago, mstrpth said:

you gonna be blowing through batteries. If shooting in 4k, it'll suck up that card too.

Drive to work is only 35 minutes and I can record in lower quality I assume.

If the memory card or battery isn't enough, I'll get another (64gb and extra batteries). 

I won't miss a license plate in 4k I bet. :lol: 

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

It failed. O2's status was incomplete. Evidently, I have to drive it longer for them to be ready.

Just great. Tags expired Jan 31.... :wall: 

Go no sympathy for people that roll through emissions on the last day of the month. The O2s didn't fail you, you failed them. :truestory:

ls1adam84 likes this

31 minutes ago, Disney said:

Go no sympathy for people that roll through emissions on the last day of the month. The O2s didn't fail you, you failed them. :truestory:

Negative. It's gay that it takes so long and so many cycles for them to show ready. My 97 GT would be ready in no time. :yes:

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Negative. It's gay that it takes so long and so many cycles for them to show ready. My 97 GT would be ready in no time. :yes:

I was thinking that the PCM was looking for 50 miles regardless of heat cycles. Yes? No?

2 hours ago, Disney said:

I was thinking that the PCM was looking for 50 miles regardless of heat cycles. Yes? No?

I've driven well over 100 miles now. With multiple shut downs and restarts.

What I've found is that it is useless to turn it off and right back on. For it to do it's thing, It wants a complete cool down and a cold start with a good drive afterwards, and then repeat.