Chad

Random thought thread

16,405 posts in this topic

If I were meme gifted, I'd make one about the great deal I got on the used Ferrari from Catlyn Jenner.  The pic of the car would show Ferrari badges crudely applied to a Festiva or something. 

ls1adam84 likes this

So it's official.... The 2018 Mustang GT runs flat 12's.

Crazy! :stare:

This just sucks for the 5th Gen land yacht.

It's just not fair these new cars are getting so fast that I can't buy used and even keep up! :lol:

66sprint6 likes this

Yeah crazy for sure!  Wish they were cheaper...even the ugly is wearing off on me after seeing one in person this weekend (same exact thing happened to how I felt about the 15-17).  I wont pay for an 18+, especially for all the fun stuff Ide want with it.  Ide buy a used GT500 for the same money!  Still amazing tho and fun to see!

Matt

So I've been having an Intermittent Check Right Rear Turn Signal issue.

009a3dc88c1959d6dbb3bbc0797aaf62.jpg

It works sometimes and other times it acts like I have a bulb out.

I pulled the bulbs out of the right rear and they’re fine.

1519ba3039d43ed9f98fd52bdea81aae.jpg

6dc0937a83a8934bc8c170f86bf65226.jpg

Since I was in there, I went ahead and replaced them with new Sylvania 3157 bulbs. 

So not sure WTF is going on here.

I have googled and found a lot of Gen 5 Camaro's have this problem, but didn't see a fix listed anywhere. :meh:

Add that to the license plate bulb falling out of the housing and melting itself in to the wire harness in the rear bumper. Luckily I caught that one fast enough that it didn't melt in to the wires. It dd get through the plastic wire loom, though.

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

#ChevyProblems ... :shake:

After 40 years of developing the best racing fuels on the planet, the Mad Scientist is taking the VP Racing Fuels brand to the street! Every week, more VP-branded gas stations and convenience stores are appearing on street corners across the U.S. At each VP station, you’ll find conventional pump gas that ranks with the best fuel on the market. At most VP gas stations, you’ll also find VP’s off road race fuel blends available in convenient 5-gallon pails. Look for them in the metal “Fuel Cube™” storage container out front.

https://vpracingfuels.com/vp-branded-gas-stations/

OTHER VP-BRANDED PRODUCTS YOU’LL FIND AT VP STATIONS INCLUDE:

maddtives-familynew-300x220.png

VP MADDITIVES®

SEF_C-Store-mix_8x6_300-300x218.png

VP SMALL ENGINE FUELS

powerwash-famnew-300x220.png

VP POWERWASH™

racing-fuels-300x220.png

VP RACING FUELS*

*5-gallon pails available at most locations.

containers-famnew-300x220.png

VP SPORTSMAN’S CONTAINERS®

VP-promo-group-photo-300x243.png

VP APPAREL

As with everything VP does, VP-branded gas stations are infused with a passion for performance and winning.
Whether you’re at the track, on the street or in the yard, you’ll find the products you need to perform like a champion!

Looks like they sale race fuel additives in the stores...

Koenigsegg Actually Broke Five Records While In Nevada

As if breaking the production car top speed record wasn't enough, Koenigsegg also improved the 0-249-0mph time for the Agera RS, and bagged three other records...

It seems Koenigsegg just can’t stop breaking records with the Agera RS right now. First it smashed the 0-400-0kmh (0-249mph) record Bugatti had set mere weeks before. Then it went to Nevada to clock an astonishing 277.9mph average over two runs on a closed road, in the process making the RS the fastest production car in the world. And while out there, Koenigsegg sent out factory test driver Niklas Lilja to improve upon the hypercar’s 0-400-0 time. Which he did by over three seconds.

33.29 seconds is all it took, meaning the Agera RS is over eight seconds quicker on the 0-400-0 run than a Bugatti Chiron. But, this feat and the top speed record were only two of five the Agera RS broke last weekend. Koenigsegg revealed today that it also broke the public road records for the fastest flying kilometer, fastest flying mile and highest speed. What’s particularly interesting about this trio is all three have been unchallenged for nearly 80 years.

Three of the records Koenigsegg broke have been held by the Mercedes Rekordwagen for nearly 80 years
Three of the records Koenigsegg broke have been held by the Mercedes Rekordwagen for nearly 80 years

The Mercedes-Benz Rekordwagen - a modified version of the W125 racing car - has held all three since a run on a closed section of autobahn in 1938. The Agera RS managed 276.9mph for the flying kilometer, 276.36.mph for the flying mile, and 284.55mph for the highest public road speed. These represent 8mph, 7.6mph and 15.4mph improvements respectively over the Rekordwagen.

Koenigsegg - Koenigsegg Actually Broke Five Records While In Nevada - News

If you’ve watched the speed record footage, you might wonder why Lilja tickled the throttle up to 200mph, before flooring it for the rest of the run. The reason is simple: Koenigsegg had so much road to play with, there was no need to put the engine through extra stress.

During the record attempts, Koenigsegg based itself at Spring Mountain Racing Resort near the town of Pahrump. The original plan was to have two days of running on the closed road, which was eventually reduced to just one. Perhaps our favourite detail of the whole affair is that the car isn’t even one of Koenigsegg’s: it was supplied by an owner who “was very keen to prove the performance credentials of the car we’ve built for him,” the Swedish firm said.

The car was running on the factory fitted Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres, and also had the ‘1MW’ engine upgrade (which ups the power to an unholy 1341bhp), plus a road cage. Both can be specced by owners, should they wish.

As to what Koenigsegg will do next in the record department, your guess is as good as ours. But who knows, perhaps Christian and co fancy trying to beat Hennessey to 300mph…

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/koenigsegg-actually-broke-five-records-while-in-nevada/

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

So I've been having an Intermittent Check Right Rear Turn Signal issue.

009a3dc88c1959d6dbb3bbc0797aaf62.jpg

It works sometimes and other times it acts like I have a bulb out.

I pulled the bulbs out of the right rear and they’re fine.

1519ba3039d43ed9f98fd52bdea81aae.jpg

6dc0937a83a8934bc8c170f86bf65226.jpg

Since I was in there, I went ahead and replaced them with new Sylvania 3157 bulbs. 

So not sure WTF is going on here.

I have googled and found a lot of Gen 5 Camaro's have this problem, but didn't see a fix listed anywhere. :meh:

Add that to the license plate bulb falling out of the housing and melting itself in to the wire harness in the rear bumper. Luckily I caught that one fast enough that it didn't melt in to the wires. It dd get through the plastic wire loom, though.

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

#ChevyProblems ... :shake:

sounds like a connection issue.

20 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

sounds like a connection issue.

Connections felt tight, but you never know.....

If the new bulbs don't work, I'll look in that direction.