Chad

Random thought thread

16,314 posts in this topic

So ugly...but damn thats good stuff.  Thats bolt-on/tune territory for the 15+ guys!!!  Ive not seen one in person, and thats how the 15+ grew on me but I did see some modded 18's (at SEMA maybe?) that looked alot better than I expected.  Simple drop and some wheels might be all they need to look ok.

Matt

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

So ugly...but damn thats good stuff.  Thats bolt-on/tune territory for the 15+ guys!!!  Ive not seen one in person, and thats how the 15+ grew on me but I did see some modded 18's (at SEMA maybe?) that looked alot better than I expected.  Simple drop and some wheels might be all they need to look ok.

Matt

That new 5.0 is putting down about 100hp more than a stock L99 5th Gen SS to the tire. :(

By the time I get done wit the 1st round modding, I might be making what a stock GT or SS is making nowadays. :lol:

66sprint6 and ls1adam84 like this

Yep.  Its the way it goes...or as Mastodon says "the curl of the burl"

Im not in a stage of my life to have the cash to keep trading up in order to keep up just yet and Im having a ton of fun with about the same power from a bolt-on/tune car so Ill have to watch them all go by me as the years go on and power increases.  One day maybe Ill be able to get the GT500 Ive always wanted and not care what either do...or maybe Ill supercharge this car and do the same.  I dunno.  Fun to see tho for sure!

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

Looks like Koenigsegg designs the motor in house. It's a twin turbo 5.0L.

Probably large bore short stroke 5.0, but dang that is stupid impressive. Those Swedes sure know how to make their cars.

3 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

Looks like Koenigsegg designs the motor in house. It's a twin turbo 5.0L.

Probably large bore short stroke 5.0, but dang that is stupid impressive. Those Swedes sure know how to make their cars.

I haven't seen the new motors, but they used to look exactly like 4.6L Cobra Mustang engines with CF intakes, etc.

Geneva_MotorShow_2013_-_Koenigsegg_Agera

koenigsegg-agera-r-17.jpg

Koenigsegg-CC-Engine.jpg

Being a 5.0 makes me think they're copying Ford or they might be using the core Ford block and heads for the base of their engines like they did with the old 4.6L DOHC.

66sprint6 likes this

Meanwhile, in the engine room the motor is being built and tuned for the car. This is one area that really sets apart Koenigsegg from the other hypercars out there as this is a completely bespoke power plant, not something bought from the Germans and stuffed into a crazy looking body. On paper it is an all-aluminum/carbon 5.0L V8 that produces 1,140hp, but up close, it’s a work of art.

Koenigsegg-tour-19.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/a-method-to-the-madness-inside-koenigsegg/

He must be paying Ford royalties. He looks to be casting a 5.0L version of the old 4.6L DOHC.

Read comment at bottom March 1 2014...

HelloHello

2 things, apart from the fact that koenigsegg really did a great job with the development of their car.

The engine is NOT made in house,Koenigsegg doesn't have nor development or a production line 
to build their own complete engine. In fact it is a heavily reworked Ford modular engine.

They don't even make the tub in house, so the expertise with carbon manufacturing isn't all that remarkable.

66sprint6 likes this

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Meanwhile, in the engine room the motor is being built and tuned for the car. This is one area that really sets apart Koenigsegg from the other hypercars out there as this is a completely bespoke power plant, not something bought from the Germans and stuffed into a crazy looking body. On paper it is an all-aluminum/carbon 5.0L V8 that produces 1,140hp, but up close, it’s a work of art.

Koenigsegg-tour-19.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/a-method-to-the-madness-inside-koenigsegg/

He must be paying Ford royalties. He looks to be casting a 5.0L version of the old 4.6L DOHC.

Read comment at bottom March 1 2014...

How truthful is that?

It could be similar to the same crap that the LS is a 351 redesigned.

I just pulled a 4.6.  The rear main housing looks the same.  The block differs because Ford has "freeze plugs" in the rear and a window in the valley, but even the areas for the starter and inspection hole look the same.   Verdict:  copy of Ford 4.6.

JohnC, ls1adam84 and 66sprint6 like this

3 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

I just pulled a 4.6.  The rear main housing looks the same.  The block differs because Ford has "freeze plugs" in the rear and a window in the valley, but even the areas for the starter and inspection hole look the same.   Verdict:  copy of Ford 4.6.

AshleyP says it, it must be truth!

Ashley P, 66sprint6 and Cody like this

I actually was involved in the redesign of the 4.6 to become the 5.0.  I told them to keep the rear main seal housing and bellhousing pattern, scrap the rest.  You forgot I'm a consultant to Keiningzig?  Kainingssson?   Kantschpeling?

ls1adam84, 66sprint6 and Cody like this

24 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

I actually was involved in the redesign of the 4.6 to become the 5.0.  I told them to keep the rear main seal housing and bellhousing pattern, scrap the rest.  You forgot I'm a consultant to Keiningzig?  Kainingssson?   Kantschpeling?

Yeah with exception that you can't spell the companies name.

I know how much you love Ford, so yes I am sure you are the most renowned person they would have chosen to perform such an undertaking.

Ashley P likes this

2 hours ago, Ashley P said:

His number is wrong obviously for this PP example (rifles were 248 in 2014) and that number he stated is incorrectly applied to so called "assault rifles."

That 248 is ALL RIFLES COMBINED which includes, every make and caliber of weapons that are classified by the BATFE as rifles.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2011-2015.xls

I try to explain these statistics daily to educate the CNN, MSNBC, Democrat voters, etc., but they look at you like a deer in headlights when you pull out real statistics.

homocide_by_weapon_fbi.jpg

2015_homocide_by_weapon_fbi.jpg

Ashley P likes this

John, I like your data correction.  Don't forget the main point:  some people want to take away our Constitutional right to arms due to deaths of innocents, but they support killing innocents that are yet to be born.

The 11 and almost 8 yo boys wanted to deer hunt, so we put up a little "blind" in a grown up corner of a wooded area, sat in our chairs till dark when a doe walked out.  It walked downwind of us and looked right at us.  It was a gimme shot, but I didn't take it cause of the road being in the background, and the legal shooting time is 30 minutes after sunset.  Time was almost out, but due to 100% cloud cover it was getting dark.  I sure didn't wanna try to find a deer after dark.   That's my excuse...boys still loved it.

JohnC, Cody, Disney and 2 others like this

Just did the math on my fuel cost.

E85 on a 350 mile weekly average will save me about $14 over 93 pump gas even though I get less mpg's on the E85.

Currently, E85 is $1.60 a gallon and 93 is $2.60 at Speedway.

Cody likes this

Yep, similar findings back when I did the maths.  I dropped down to the 13ish mpg range vs 17-19 with 93 so I would have to fill up quite a bit more often but it was worth it to me, especially when the track was open.  Im back on 93 now just so I dont have to make the trip out of my way to get gas with it being as hectic as it is, but when things calm down a tad and especially when the warmer weather comes back Ill be back on the corn for sure!

Matt

JohnC likes this