Chad

Random thought thread

16,317 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Cody said:

I like him, he lived not to far from me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah he has gotten better now, but about 6 years ago that is a different story.

Then again I was also an asshat to a lot of people, so there was that too.

Cody likes this

Posted (edited)

I copied a Yahoo/BBC article.  What language is that?

Tori be say dis na di first time for world football wey one country go make dis kain decision.

With dis new levels, di money wey dem go pay to di women's team go almost double from 3.1m krone (wey be about $386,000) to 6m krone (wey dey like $750,000).

This money include 550,000 krone (about $62,000) wey male Norwegian players pay; money wey dem receive for commercial activities.

Norway winger Caroline Graham Hansen don respond. She say: "thank you for dis thing wey una do for female athletes."

Na inside message for Instagram na im Graham Hansen hail di men's football team for di contribution wey dem make.

"E fit be small thing to una to put dis money, but e mean everything to us, our team, our sport and for all di female athletes wey dey do di same work, di same sport wey men dey do, but dem still dey receive small money."

Di country football players' union boss wey be Joachim Walltin say im beleive say dis na di first deal wey go arrange dis kind thing for women, for world.

"Norway na country where to allow women stand equal with men dey important for us, so e good for di country and for di sport," na wetin im talk.

Oga Walltin still say: "for di girls, dis one go make big difference; some of dem dey work, and go school dey still play football at di same time, so e fit dey hard dem to improve for di game."

Im say dis na investment wey go increase di level of Norway women's team.

Edited by Ashley P

On 6/23/2017 at 1:10 PM, Ashley P said:

2001 diesel.   Typical Ford over-engineering.   And Ford service info is CRAP; the diagnostic flow chart has at least one error (in directing you to the next step, makes NO sense unless you skip one step forward), the terminology changes (Generic Electronic Module (GEM) becomes General Electronic Module becomes Multifunction Electronic Module), and the code is for "contact plate power shorted to ground" but NOWHERE is there listed a contact plate power wire, only contact plates A, B, C, and D.   So I've checked all 4 for a short to ground, all 4 are OK, leaving the module as bad.   Well, that's now the 3rd time for that diagnosis.  Bad original, bad internet replacement, 2nd bad internet replacement.:wall:

So customer just got another module via another internet repair place.  Came in a box from the USPS with a note saying it was damaged in shipment and repackaged, please accept our apologies.  He opens the box...module crushed!  :wall::insane:   The customer is just a little :livid:.

I'm pretty sure the bosch ecu that comes on them is stand alone.  I just has can bus outputs for the dash.  Or do you mean some type of easily tuneable ecu?

17 hours ago, Ashley P said:

So customer just got another module via another internet repair place.  Came in a box from the USPS with a note saying it was damaged in shipment and repackaged, please accept our apologies.  He opens the box...module crushed!  :wall::insane:   The customer is just a little :livid:.

I just placed an order for 19 separate items. out of those 19, 12 were damaged beyond use. one of the boxes even had a boot mark on top of it.

15 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Anyone make a standalone for a common-rail diesel? :lol:

15 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Easily tuneable.

For what may I ask??

To dump all of the overly complex electronics that constantly screw up or go back to a mechnical injection system.

1 hour ago, Cannon Fodder said:

To dump all of the overly complex electronics that constantly screw up or go back to a mechnical injection system.

On what engine?  I dunno how you'd fire injectors without all that "overly complex" stuff.   How's a "stand alone" gonna be simpler?  But hey, I'm ALL for it.  Since the 12v Cummins (6BT) all diesels are JUNK.