Chad

Random thought thread

16,313 posts in this topic

Somebody posted a link to a GM LS engine swap wiring site.  I think Adam was familiar with it.  I looked at it.  Now, where is it?  

22 hours ago, JohnC said:

And folks thought a MMA fighter coming in the boxing ring was going to beat the champ... lol

so an actual boxer beat someone who doesn't box?

:D it was a solid fight and Connor held his own. I mean, no way he was gonna win but he lasted way longer than anyone thought.  

ls1adam84 likes this

It's a good thing I'm not a betting man lol. He was doing pretty good at first but he just couldn't pull it off :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's a good thing I'm not a betting man lol. He was doing pretty good at first but he just couldn't pull it off :(

I told everyone Mayweather was going to win. :pleased:

Wish I had bet big on that fight! :yes:

3 hours ago, mstrpth said:

Howsabout that boxer gets into the other guy's ring?  How many rounds would he go?  (Do that have rounds, or just go 'til the weaker dies?) 

66sprint6 and Chris like this

1 hour ago, Ashley P said:

Howsabout that boxer gets into the other guy's ring?  How many rounds would he go?  (Do that have rounds, or just go 'til the weaker dies?) 

I'd give him about 45sec

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

On 8/28/2017 at 6:59 AM, mstrpth said:

:D it was a solid fight and Connor held his own. I mean, no way he was gonna win but he lasted way longer than anyone thought.  

I agree with this statement.

McGregor lasted a lot longer than I thought and I am a McGregor fan, but I would really like to have seen Floyd jump in the octagon since he has so much trash to talk about MMA fighters.

Hell Mayweather first started talking crap to Rhonda Rousey lol.

Wear

your

seatbelt!

Help keep innocent folks from having to see your twisted leg and crushed body under your truck.  :(    He'd likely have walked away with a belt. 

JohnC likes this

Wear

your

seatbelt!

Help keep innocent folks from having to see your twisted leg and crushed body under your truck.      He'd likely have walked away with a belt. 

15 hours ago, Disney said:

McGregor started the shittalking. Mayweather ended it.

That fight was 100% about the money. they both won. Mcgregor is a business man and his mouth made him a lot of money for that fight.

JohnC, ls1adam84 and Tino like this

12 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Uh oh...doesnt sound good.

Matt

Yesterday we took our son to Vandy for a checkup.  He was perfect.  A family with a daughter with bone cancer...she was good.  The appointment went smooth and fast.  We covered 300 miles in labor day weekend traffic, saw several LEOs who all ignored me, and we got home safe and sound.  Everything went smooth. It was a rare uplifting Vandy visit.

I got in the truck to go to get some lumber.  Got 1/2 mile from my house and saw smoke/dust over the road......then I saw an overturned 2002? Chevy truck in the field!   Stopped and from first glance from the road, nobody there.  Horns were stuck on.   I got out and saw legs protruding out from under the hood/windshield area.  Ran up and peeked in the cab, only his lower left? leg was in the cab, his body was turned about 135 degrees and I couldn't see any more than his jeans...upper body was somewhere toward the middle center of the cowl area.   I quickly unplugged the horns and ran into the street to flag some phones into operation.  I came back to double check inside and out for more folks, thankfully there was nobody else there. Several folks stopped, we could hear him breathing deep and labored.  The front of the hood was about 14" off the ground 'cause I grabbed a concrete block from his spilled cargo and wedged it longways under the hood to keep it folks from rocking it lower on him.  I thought he might have chance since he was breathing and the cab had supported the truck that high.

In only a couple minutes he stopped breathing.  EMS was still many minutes away (I presume based on their starting points).  My truck and trailer was impeding traffic which would impede EMS.  I couldn't think of any way to help, so I left.

Crash was about 3:25.  They didn't open the road till close to 5, and the truck was moved later.  Deputy said he didn't make it.

I think if you suffer an injury in my "neighborhood" you'd better get someone to throw you into a truck and haul you to the hospital, 'cause you'll have the rest of your life to wait for help if you don't.

Edited by Ashley P

Dang I hate to hear that crap man and hate that you and others had to go thru that as well.  Seatbelts are good, living is good...not traumatizing those around you is goooood.

Matt

Disney likes this

3 hours ago, Nostalgic1 said:

Not sure you'd enjoy it.  It's performance is awesome, but driving it anywhere but on a track will require kidney transplant surgery and new fillings 200 miles down a regular highway.

I am getting older and comfy does play more in to my needs than wants these days.

But dang, I'll drive a comfy beater to own that car!

I like the idea of owning a 650hp track monster that I don't have to wrench on!

On 9/1/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ashley P said:

Yesterday we took our son to Vandy for a checkup.  He was perfect.  A family with a daughter with bone cancer...she was good.  The appointment went smooth and fast.  We covered 300 miles in labor day weekend traffic, saw several LEOs who all ignored me, and we got home safe and sound.  Everything went smooth. It was a rare uplifting Vandy visit.

I got in the truck to go to get some lumber.  Got 1/2 mile from my house and saw smoke/dust over the road......then I saw an overturned 2002? Chevy truck in the field!   Stopped and from first glance from the road, nobody there.  Horns were stuck on.   I got out and saw legs protruding out from under the hood/windshield area.  Ran up and peeked in the cab, only his lower left? leg was in the cab, his body was turned about 135 degrees and I couldn't see any more than his jeans...upper body was somewhere toward the middle center of the cowl area.   I quickly unplugged the horns and ran into the street to flag some phones into operation.  I came back to double check inside and out for more folks, thankfully there was nobody else there. Several folks stopped, we could hear him breathing deep and labored.  The front of the hood was about 14" off the ground 'cause I grabbed a concrete block from his spilled cargo and wedged it longways under the hood to keep it folks from rocking it lower on him.  I thought he might have chance since he was breathing and the cab had supported the truck that high.

In only a couple minutes he stopped breathing.  EMS was still many minutes away (I presume based on their starting points).  My truck and trailer was impeding traffic which would impede EMS.  I couldn't think of any way to help, so I left.

Crash was about 3:25.  They didn't open the road till close to 5, and the truck was moved later.  Deputy said he didn't make it.

I think if you suffer an injury in my "neighborhood" you'd better get someone to throw you into a truck and haul you to the hospital, 'cause you'll have the rest of your life to wait for help if you don't.

I just read the obituary for that guy, just before logging on here.  None of us are guaranteed tomorrow.  Prayers for the guy's family.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

That guy was 35 years old, was the great nephew of my stepdad (who died last January).

I woke up in the middle of the night pondering that situation.  I came to the conclusion that if I'd known he was going to stop breathing I should have tried to get him out.  I had my empty car trailer with dovetail at the scene.  It would have made nearly the perfect lever to lift the front of the truck.  With the handful of people there to help, I think the truck could have been lifted in a minute or two.

Often I'm very good at improvising with what's at hand.  The shock of that situation handicapped me.  If there's a next time, I plan to step back, take a deep breath, and try to look at all options.

AaroNX, JohnC and 66sprint6 like this