Chad

Random thought thread

16,025 posts in this topic

I used to think the same bout Red but Ide buy it right now if I had the cash!  Ide prefer a Blue one personally.  Im still feeling blessed to have been able to get the 15 GT tho so Ill keep riding that wave till the 13-14 GT500's come down to my price range!

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Anybody else interested in going to the Hill tonight?

I want to but dont think I can free up in time.  Maybe next week!

Matt

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

Ide prefer a Blue one personally.  .... till the 13-14 GT500's come down to my price range!

Matt

You can thank me later.

https://www.salvageautosauction.com/vehicle_detail/Salvage-2015-Ford-MUSTANG+GT-for-Sale/lot-36272497/New-britain-Connecticut

Edit: I was rushed for time and couldn't find a GT500.  But it IS a blue mustang...aren't they all the same?  :duck:

1975_00007_05.jpg

Edited by Ashley P
ls1adam84 likes this

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Ide drive it!!!  Buy the wrecked 15gt and put its guts in the Pintostang II and leave everyone wondering WTF is wrong with that guy?!?!?!?!

Matt

A turbo 2.3l would be amazingly fun to screw with folks.

66sprint6 likes this

Just now, ls1adam84 said:

A turbo 2.3l would be amazingly fun to screw with folks.

I think you've previously had that idea.   I thought the meds were working...you ARE taking your meds??

ls1adam84 likes this

Oh yes!  I dig the ugly Mustangs, not so much that I really WANT one or would pay good money for one, but I like ugly cars that are quick.  Maverick/Comet comes to mind, LOVE the Fairmonts and LTDs as well for the same reason.  

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

3 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

I think you've previously had that idea.   I thought the meds were working...you ARE taking your meds??

Hahaha yeah I don't take any meds for my brain buddy.

The 2.3T is one if not THE best engine Ford has produced, the other idea was to put it in the Z28 to mess with people, heck I need to get as famous as Barry.

66sprint6 likes this

1 hour ago, ls1adam84 said:

The 2.3T is one if not THE best engine Ford has produced, 

Well, I think ford makes garbage engines, so I don't doubt that little turd very well could be THE best.   lol  (Today began the replacement of a 5.4 Triton...another Ford turd engine.)

ls1adam84 and Disney like this

20 hours ago, JohnC said:

Negative. I'm burnt out on Fords. 

Glad to have something different.

Maybe in a few years I'll come back. :up:

no you're burnt out on a beat down 20 year old ford! Different ballpark ;) 

66sprint6 likes this

10 hours ago, KNIGHT347 said:

back in 2002 I did have 77 Mustang II, 351C(yes it fit) and a t5 with 3.73 rear

Interesting, why did you choose the C vs the M or W?  Or make a Clev-or?

29 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

no you're burnt out on a beat down 20 year old ford! Different ballpark ;) 

Nah. I just like this pushrod LSx game for one.

I've grown to like the Camaro a lot.

When they first came out, I hated the front (mostly the grille). I thought the retro interior was ugly. Etc.

But for whatever reason, I started liking it.

I feel like I'm driving a much better built, better handling, and better running muscle car if that makes sense.

ls1adam84 and Tino like this

#ChevyProblems...

Discovered one bulb out above my license plate, so I bought new LED bulbs to just go ahead and replace them both with.

Took one housing out and discovered no bulb, wire, nothing.

It fell out down in the bumper and I couldn't reach it.

So I removed the license plate looking for a way to access it.

Below is what I found....

The housings look broke or maybe got hot and don't hold the bulbs anymore.

e2b84c2a75f89ccf8042432ad7c547db.jpg

Right side no bulb or harness

128d0d6698dcb2a8a43f9667a88e0b89.jpg

Then I found my bulb....

Melted in to some wire harness loom. :(

0fd66ffa0ad4c8f4924178d37d0fda92.jpg

0c51e7c799b20de9a3720805b5dd2e94.jpg

c293bdbd5c8703837bd2fc6567ef2c6f.jpg

3f53c85b596f939b91729affafa4c4cb.jpg

Doesn't look to have actually melted in to any wires though.

Evidently, GM had a TSB for this...

https://gm.oemdtc.com/4785/rear-fascia-heat-distortion-or-hole-from-license-plate-lamps-2010-2013-chevrolet-camaro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you were talking about a better built muscle car???

I was very opposed to the 5th gens, I drove a couple of them, my favorite was a centrifugal style blower one with a small blower cam making around 600 to the tire on pump gas. 

I do love how a big cammed lsx car drives, they just have stupid amounts of instant a$$ kicking fun, but it is more violent than a turbo/centrifugal blower.

Roots blower cars are also a kick in the pants. Some, * cought * grand prix gtp * cough *, are a kick to the balls.

66sprint6 likes this

45 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

And you were talking about a better built muscle car???

I was very opposed to the 5th gens, I drove a couple of them, my favorite was a centrifugal style blower one with a small blower cam making around 600 to the tire on pump gas. 

I do love how a big cammed lsx car drives, they just have stupid amounts of instant a$$ kicking fun, but it is more violent than a turbo/centrifugal blower.

Roots blower cars are also a kick in the pants. Some, * cought * grand prix gtp * cough *, are a kick to the balls.

Every car has issues, eventually.

First problem I ever had with my GT was the drivers side front seat would only go forward, no reverse. It wasn't fun driveing to the dealership with my knees on the dash to get it fixed. Whatever they did, it didn't last. I ended up just unplugging the seat. Then they had a recall for cracking intakes that caused a nice big coolant leak. Etc. I was in Franklin when mine cracked

Knock on wood, this license plate bulb housing is the only Issue I've had with this car.

ls1adam84 likes this

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Every car has issues, eventually.

First problem I ever had with my GT was the drivers side front seat would only go forward, no reverse. It wasn't fun driveing to the dealership with my knees on the dash to get it fixed. Whatever they did, it didn't last. I ended up just unplugging the seat. Then they had a recall for cracking intakes that caused a nice big coolant leak. Etc. I was in Franklin when mine cracked

Knock on wood, this license plate bulb housing is the only Issue I've had with this car.

Yet...

And I be knocking on wood.

9 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Interesting, why did you choose the C vs the M or W?  Or make a Clev-or?

Of the three I had two a Windsor and Cleveland, the M is its own kind of monster plus an uncle had one that was lousy about oiling so I didnt bother sourcing one, with mine I had the Cleveland needed less to finish up where as the W was missing the intake and one head was cracked.

Ashley P likes this

Posted (edited)

Random:

Although bleeding profusely due to the loss of his left arm and severe wounds in his right arm, chest, and left leg, Sp4c. Wetzel staggered back to his original position in his gun-well and took the enemy forces under fire.

http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-detail/3440/wetzel-gary-george.php

Edited by Ashley P
JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Is a LS1 to LQ4 a direct swap, or some parts need to change?

Direct swap other than the accessory drive, oil pan, and intake

Tino likes this

40 minutes ago, Tino said:

Can the LS1 accessory drive be used?

I'm not sure if there is a difference between the Vette LS1 accessories and the Camaro.  But the LQ4's I've messed with were missing a tapped hole on the lower drivers side of the block for the alternator bracket.  I think I tapped one and the other was missing a boss all together.

Tino and ls1adam84 like this

Vette Accessories are in different locations. If you want to use the Fbody alternator bracket then Mike is correct that there is a hole missing that needs to be tapped in the drivers side of the block.

If it is a truck, then the 5.3 and 6.0 have the same accessory setup and it "should" be a direct swap.

Tino likes this