Chad

Random thought thread

16,025 posts in this topic

I raced last night.  Heads up,   About 50 yards.  The 10.75 year old almost beat me.  I think I've lost high gear. :(  Time to borrow Mike's geriatric stash?

Of course, I had not warmed up.  He had.  I was wearing cowboy boots, he was barefoot.  So with a little tuning I can pull out another couple strides....right? 

66sprint6, Cody, ls1adam84 and 1 other like this

15 hours ago, Ashley P said:

I raced last night.  Heads up,   About 50 yards.  The 10.75 year old almost beat me.  I think I've lost high gear. :(  Time to borrow Mike's geriatric stash?

Of course, I had not warmed up.  He had.  I was wearing cowboy boots, he was barefoot.  So with a little tuning I can pull out another couple strides....right? 

stop while you're ahead. those extra strides will cost you in the end.

Ashley P, 66sprint6 and ls1adam84 like this

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I wanna go racing....

Havnt been out in a while myself!  Ill be dodging rain clouds this weekend to get a pile out of my driveway but would like to start back up on Tues nights here soon.  Might even be able to do Friday nights in the fall if Kathleen's class is that night.

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

Created event you can share:

Wow.  Cars are so fast they go back in time.  (From 8 am to 4 am the same day.)

ls1adam84 and Tino like this

From what ive heard, auto cars do just as well...often better on a good drag radial.  Manual cars are hit or miss on radials so you see them on Bias plys often.  Ide run a radial if I were you, slap it on, drive it to the track, nice and stable on the big end.  I really wish I could cough up enough cash for a set of drag wheels all around!  Ide be in heaven BUT till then Ill try to do what I can on whatever I put on the 17" bullitt style wheels (hopefully ET Street R's) and the stock 17's up front.  Look at the non bias R's, I believe thats what Mike runs, or M&H's for an awesome drag radial!

Matt

ls1adam84 and JohnC like this

How are the Hoosier offerings?  Most of the bracket cars I have been around that is pretty much all they run.  They are don't seem to be any cheaper than MT, M&H, Goodyear............

JohnC likes this

I had great luck on the street and the track with the MT ET Street Radials in my old Camaro which was auto.

I got the new water pump in, it was an EMP water pump, and a new water pump pulley. I also got the electric fan installed and now I am just waiting on the relay kit so I can wire it up and put the thermostat in that comes with that kit and dial in the fan.

I went with a Ford Taurus fan, brand new from ROck auto and had to modify the shroud the fan is in, then also modified the stock shroud a little so I can remove it without having to also remove the fan.

Not too bad of a setup and the new water pump/pulley alignment is way better.

66sprint6, Ashley P and JohnC like this

27 minutes ago, Disney said:

And that someone is you.

Negative. I'm burnt out on Fords. 

Glad to have something different.

Maybe in a few years I'll come back. :up: