Chad

Random thought thread

15,601 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2017 at 7:57 PM, Mike said:

I had a few days to kill while waiting on pushrods for my car.  I figured I might as well put in a pool.

Actually I had the pool installed by someone else.  Me and my brother did the electrical.  Hopefully we'll backfill around the pool tomorrow.  I'll call in the inspections this week and I'll be swimming next weekend.  It's going to take a couple more days to fill it and probably a week minimum for the temp to get up to swimmable.

The finished product.

IMG_3362[1].JPG

From burnout or they laying off?

I didn't get laid off this time but once 3rd shift gets eliminated I will. I need to just go back to school and get a career instead of just another job.

66sprint6 likes this

4 hours ago, gammey4 said:

I didn't get laid off this time but once 3rd shift gets eliminated I will. I need to just go back to school and get a career instead of just another job.

Look around here:

Metro

https://agency.governmentjobs.com/nashville/default.cfm?&promotionaljobs=0&transfer=0

NES

https://www.nespower.com/careers/careers.aspx

State pays less, but look here too:

https://agency.governmentjobs.com/tennessee/default.cfm

Govt work (not state) is usually better over the long term when it comes to pay and retirement, and they basically never layoff.

gammey4 and 66sprint6 like this

I'm sleepy! :tired::dead:

Got called in on my 1 day off yesterday..... Had to do stuff this AM, so didn't get in bed until after 12pm and then back up by 3:30pm.

Not I got to go back to work for another 12+ hrs.

I need a vacation... :smirk:

^ You work like you've got a mortgage, house under construction, and a wife who stays home to raise the 1/2 dozen kids.  Payin' off the mob??

JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

14 hours ago, Ashley P said:

^ You work like you've got a mortgage, house under construction, and a wife who stays home to raise the 1/2 dozen kids.  Payin' off the mob??

They need me more than I need them. I don't need to work this much OT to live and play. I do it mostly to help them.

ls1adam84 likes this

I've got a lot of catching up to do. My supervisor got married so I had to do all the work this week and haven't had time for much. But I am now having problems with the ac on my wife's suburban. It has around 45 psi with one of those crappy ac pro gauges that comes with the can. The compressor is kicking on and the pressure drops to about 20 when it does. But the air is coming out really hot. Not even sure where to start. I thought maybe a clogged line but it's dropping when the compressor kicks on so idk. Can anyone help before my wife burns up lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

I've got a lot of catching up to do. My supervisor got married so I had to do all the work this week and haven't had time for much. But I am now having problems with the ac on my wife's suburban. It has around 45 psi with one of those crappy ac pro gauges that comes with the can. The compressor is kicking on and the pressure drops to about 20 when it does. But the air is coming out really hot. Not even sure where to start. I thought maybe a clogged line but it's dropping when the compressor kicks on so idk. Can anyone help before my wife burns up lol

What was the temperature outside when you checked it?

What was the temperature outside when you checked it?

Around 85 and we just got home with it. We were driving it around.

85 degrees should be 45-55 on the low side and 225-250 on the high side. The low and high side pressure should be the same once the system has been off for awhile. I'd add some and get it up to 50 and see what it does.

Cody likes this

You can add "by feel".  Your evaporator is what gets cold.  It's got two pipes, "in" and "out".  Add refrigerant until the "out" pipe starts to get cool/cold.

Inspect your compressor for a leak.  Often I see them oily with refrigerant oil.  Some years have black light dye in the oil, so checking is a cake walk. (Oil is mixed with the r134a as a lube, to recharge the system "right" you need  to add a pinch of oil with the r134 you add.)

Those lines are not cold at all. And it better not be the compressor. It's barely a year old.

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Cody said:

Ordered this and two brass fitting to connect to the cans.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HXEE4U2/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

The overwhelming likelihood is that those gauges will tell you:  Low side is too low.  High side is too low. Then you will have to add r134 until the pressures are right according to atmospheric conditions...at which point the low side output will be cool to cold.    Hmmmm....sounds familiar.

Those gauges offer "10 Amps high rate charging".  Explain that one to me.  lol

Edited by Ashley P
Cody likes this