Chad

Random thought thread

17,323 posts in this topic

I flew into Newark today and on my drive out, I got passed by 4 diesel trucks with stacks.  One was a dually, jacked up with 6 "mud" tires.  Rednecks aren't limited to the south.  

I always heard people say that NJ stinks.  It's true.  As soon as I stepped off the plane, there was a different odor in the air.

And it's dirty, like piles of furniture and tires on the sides of the interstate dirty.

I flew into Newark today and on my drive out, I got passed by 4 diesel trucks with stacks.  One was a dually, jacked up with 6 "mud" tires.  Rednecks aren't limited to the south.  

I always heard people say that NJ stinks.  It's true.  As soon as I stepped off the plane, there was a different odor in the air.

And it's dirty, like piles of furniture and tires on the sides of the interstate dirty.

Interesting.

While I was in Riverside and San Bernardino California one day, the air was so brown you couldn't see probably a mile in front of you and the air stunk kind of like sewer gas.

I guess a lot of states have a really nasty area. :yes:

If elected president, I promise to implement federally-mandated naptime and to make so that it is illegal to work a full day on Fridays and Mondays.  Remember, folks, Vote Bald and Clean in 2016!

JohnC likes this

If elected president, I promise to implement federally-mandated naptime and to make so that it is illegal to work a full day on Fridays and Mondays.  Remember, folks, Vote Bald and Clean in 2016!

Good one! You got my vote! Federally mandated sleep for all! :rofl:

Credit card aka debit card thieves suck!

Some assclown got my card number and charged $300 to some shady online gaming site.

What a loser.... :shake:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That sucks...Luckily that hasnt happened to mine yet but its happened twice to my wifes....damned Target crap caused hers.

JohnC likes this

I found another charge and reported it today. it looks like they got my card and charged something a month ago to the day they hit me for $300. :shake:

I've got to start keeping up with my bank account better! :lol:

Have you watched any training vids?  Here's how to fly perhaps the best fighter with TWO radial engines.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSH1ZGSWe0

Love the P-38.  I hope the company, who makes my P-51, comes back out with a new P-38.  Of course, it would be cool if they made a P-39 and a Bearcat too.

P-38 was one of the first airplanes to find the edges of what they called compressibility.  In a high speed dive shock waves from the wings impinged on the tail and froze it in place.  (they did not have power boosted controls).  The cure was a flap to deflect the shock.

JohnC likes this

90* garage, fresh cardboard on the ground, oily/grimey tools/ parts everywhere was the scene yesterday.  

Today, sore, still finding grime in various places and it wont wash off and and tryin best to get rid of my fresh Mechanicure (crap under the fingernails)...yep, its good to get back to work on the 66 again lol.

Workin on the ST had got me spoiled.  I barely get dirty workin on that thing, the 66 on the other hand...yikes lol.

Matt

Kpate and JohnC like this

Two minutes after I sat down at work, my cell phone rang.  I saw it was my wife.  When she calls, it usually ain't good.  It wasn't.

She slipped on the rug getting out of the shower and gouged the top of her foot on the corner of the sink cabinet.  I ran the 50 minutes home and got the kids ready so we could go to the ER for stitches.

Two minutes after I sat down at work, my cell phone rang.  I saw it was my wife.  When she calls, it usually ain't good.  It wasn't.

She slipped on the rug getting out of the shower and gouged the top of her foot on the corner of the sink cabinet.  I ran the 50 minutes home and got the kids ready so we could go to the ER for stitches.

Oh that sucks! Glad it wasn't any worse though. :yes:

Had an uncle slip and fall in the driveway cleaning a pond liner (kind of like a miniature swimming pool liner) causing a concussion, some swelling/fluid in his head and he now has seizures. He has to take medication the rest of his life because of that. And being he was a truck driver, he had to go on disability because having that condition, he can no longer drive.