Chad

Random thought thread

16,935 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

@slovette Your viper is a beast!

What else have you done to it since the supercharger? 

I up the boost by a Little

same set up just a little more on the risky side!!!

but I'm taking the car to the shop n they're doing the E85 conversion plus the big front mount intercooler n upping the boost some more :) 

No top secret lol 

Cody, JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

Well I'm thinking that the guy at the shop might not want to up the boost lol

he said the car should be able to make more horsepower since it will be running on E 85

"boosted cars usually pick up about 50 to 80hp"

tune n the intercooler will help 

I'm around 800 wheel on a mustang dyno now 

the Novi2000 maxes out at about 950 

thats when I will spray it 

but that's after I Redo-the engine /heads etc

Edited by slovette
ls1adam84 and JohnC like this

Hahahaha, it's just one step at a time to conquer the net. As the song from the old Saint Nick movie, "Put one foot in front of the other, soon you'll be walking out the door." 

JohnC likes this

3 hours ago, slovette said:

Well I'm thinking that the guy at the shop might not want to up the boost lol

he said the car should be able to make more horsepower since it will be running on E 85

"boosted cars usually pick up about 50 to 80hp"

tune n the intercooler will help 

I'm around 800 wheel on a mustang dyno now 

the Novi2000 maxes out at about 950 

thats when I will spray it 

but that's after I Redo-the engine /heads etc

That's going to be  badass! :stare::3gears: 

@ls1adam84

Trying to move us to a new hosting account. When uploading the SQL backup file to phpMyAdmin, I get this error:

SQL_Error.jpg

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

My guess is delete all the "information_schema" files and re-upload? Those are just cache files, right?  :shrug:

@JohnC 

Sorry I turned off alerts on my cell phone, I get texts and emails all day and get tired of seeing technology at night. 

Ok, that looks like a permissions issue with "information_schema" database, the account you are using to move it does not have the required permissions.

You could delete the "information_schema", but there may be corresponding database that queries information from that database. 

Here is a good idea of what might be happening. http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/database-troubleshooting/mysql-1044-access-denied-error-message

Essentially in the control panel you will need to rename the "information_schema" to "cpses_nxsaJ7eP5y_information_schema"...

mstrpth likes this

I hope that helps? I have not done much with exporting then importing sql databases and without seeing the interface and the txt file, I am shooting in the dark.

3 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

@JohnC 

Sorry I turned off alerts on my cell phone, I get texts and emails all day and get tired of seeing technology at night. 

Ok, that looks like a permissions issue with "information_schema" database, the account you are using to move it does not have the required permissions.

You could delete the "information_schema", but there may be corresponding database that queries information from that database. 

Here is a good idea of what might be happening. http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/database-troubleshooting/mysql-1044-access-denied-error-message

Essentially in the control panel you will need to rename the "information_schema" to "cpses_nxsaJ7eP5y_information_schema"...

We got past that error, somehow. I'll check it out anyway though.

But...

Now I get #1050 Table_ipb_bbcode_already_exists and that sounds minor like a duplicate slice of info. So I think we're about there. :yes:

The new hosting acct for some reason just isn't as intuitive to me, or maybe I'm just used to the old. Either way, something I've done before and was simple seems to be a big PITA for me now in this new cpanel.

Nooo sleep... :tired:

10 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

I hope that helps? I have not done much with exporting then importing sql databases and without seeing the interface and the txt file, I am shooting in the dark.

I was basically trying to take a sql backup of the database and import it to the new hosting account via phpMyAdmin.

Not sure why it was giving me such a hard time. This is usually a simple task.

ls1adam84 likes this

Just now, JohnC said:

I was basically trying to take a sql backup of the database and import it to the new hosting account via phpMyAdmin.

Not sure why it was giving me such a hard time. This is usually a simple task.

from what I read about phpMyAdmin and some hosting sites is that the name needs to reflect the the name used in control panel, I assume since it is at localhost, this means the fqdn of the computer, I wish I knoew more about sql, I deal more with network traffic and less of the software development support. 

JohnC likes this

15 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

from what I read about phpMyAdmin and some hosting sites is that the name needs to reflect the the name used in control panel, I assume since it is at localhost, this means the fqdn of the computer, I wish I knoew more about sql, I deal more with network traffic and less of the software development support. 

Well, going to take a nap and try again tonight I guess. :tired:

I try to do this at night when I don't have to worry about the site going down when y'all want to be on here. Hope to have us moved by tonight though.

G'night all! :dead:

ls1adam84 likes this