Chad

Random thought thread

16,528 posts in this topic

What do people usually wear when on jury duty?

I don't want to show up with camo shorts, a racing or gun tshirt on and a camo hat.

I'll be straight up redneck Mexican in there.

Edited by Tino
ls1adam84 likes this

I don't want to show up with camo shorts, a racing or gun tshirt on and a camo hat.

They'll probably instruct you on what to wear during trial. But I'd at least show up business casual for the orientation.

Fwiw, I've never been on jury duty. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ls1adam84 likes this

53 minutes ago, JohnC said:

They'll probably instruct you on what to wear during trial. But I'd at least show up business casual for the orientation.

Fwiw, I've never been on jury duty. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the orientation for? Is that to see if I'm able to be on jury? 

17 minutes ago, Tino said:

What is the orientation for? Is that to see if I'm able to be on jury? 

I'd say so. Do you actually want to be on jury duty? if so I'd dress nice, if not, go with the camo and wife beater.

Camo and wife beater it is. 

I don't want to miss days at work. I know I'll get paid but I won't have any overtime. Tino needs money right now to pay the dentist 

Jury duty was fun for me.  Dress business casual at first and see how laid back it is.  I ended up getting roped into a week long case that was more interesting than any HLN crime drama shows and I had a really good time oddly enough.  I dont want to do it again BUT would if the letter were to come my way.  More than likely you will get a short, day to couple day case and be outta there.

Matt

Tino likes this

Best one I was on was in TX on a Public Intoxication.  Seems a Constable went into a bar some guy mouthed off to him so he busted him.  The 6 of us sat in the jury room and figured that him being drunk in a bar was the least problem ever so we let the guy off.  That constable followed me home from work for serveral weeks.

I got called here for a drug trial and I was the only one in the Jury pool that answered no to ever having done drugs so the figured i was lying and dismissed me

JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

14 hours ago, Tino said:

7 hours ago, Tino said:

Camo and wife beater it is. 

I don't want to miss days at work. I know I'll get paid but I won't have any overtime. Tino needs money right now to pay the dentist 

And when asked if you have any prejudice against people, state that you hate Hispanics. :lol:

mstrpth and Tino like this

It's always been MSC, just like Travers and J&L.  I guess they just got tired of that brand name.  MSC has bought just about every big machinist supply company.

I knew Enco was part of MSC, but the fact that they are moving it to MSC basically means the prices will do nothing but go up.

As someone who studies WWII history, appreciates all guns, and has children who watch Thomas the train, I approve the following:13055762_1048086011927690_43897905710815

ls1adam84 likes this

5 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

As someone who studies WWII history, appreciates all guns, and has children who watch Thomas the train, I approve the following:13055762_1048086011927690_43897905710815

You are way too bored! :lol:

Ashley P likes this

Bored, or drunk?  Drunk on sleep deprivation, that is.  You don't know anything about that, do you? :) 

Edited by Ashley P
JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, Ashley P said:

Bored, or drunk?  Drunk on sleep deprivation, that is.  You don't know anything about that, do you? :) 

Are you kidding me? I've been up since Friday at 3:30am and it's 11:17pm. :D