Chad

Random thought thread

16,286 posts in this topic

Confused by the above vid John.  How does FN claim the old Browning guns?  If GM bought Ford could GM then claim the Mustang was theirs?

Hey Cody, you planning on getting married soon?  If so, I was just washing some dishes and thought I'd share a tidbit..

When my wife-to-be attended some "bridal expo" she was lured into a kitchenware sales promo.  Just bring your spouse-to-be, listen to a sales pitch, and get a two day vacation for FREE.  Well, not my cup of tea, but we went.  Room was full of young couples (I think I fit in at the time) and the salesman was a master pitcher while cooking some great smelling/tasting vittles.  His cookware was the BEST in the world.  Only available through him.  Only available tonight.  Only $2300.  Last a lifetime.

He quickly went from table to table to sign people up.  My wife wanted it.  I balked.  Only him?  Only now?   (This was WAY before the internet was in people's pockets.)  I told him I'd have to shop around.  He quickly went to the next table.  

The vacation was for 2 days, 1 night.  Not to be used on the weekend or within a week of a holiday.  Trips south would be in the summer, trips north in the winter. Ect ect.  JUNK.  Didn't use that either.

Cookware:  we found online what he was selling, for a  couple/few hundred bucks, someone gave it to us as a present. 

Moral:  do the dishes ever so often. :P   

Edited by Ashley P
Cody and ls1adam84 like this

Ohh I thought I saw Ashley saying he would help Mike with HVAC stuff, I just had HVAC guys out to the house and our Inducer Motor is seized up, the guys name was Ashley and I was like wait a ricky tick.

JohnC likes this

I just found the inducer half the cost that they are selling to me for... grrr I could save a couple hundred by having them diagnose and I replace haha.

It is a 16 year old Trane YCC024F1L0BG unit. I may bite the bullet and hopefully have the money saved up by the end of the year to get a new furnace installed.

The internet is really making the market tough.  There are parts being sold, on the internet, cheaper than I can get them for.

Is your unit on Natural Gas or LP?  At 16 years old, it's getting pretty old, especially on LP.  None of them are lasting like they did years ago. 

ls1adam84 likes this

Natural gas, it runs off our home gas line. I believe that is the difference between LP and Natural Gas.

We are planning to move out Jamaica vacation to next year since we are putting our cash towards a new furnace.