Chad

Random thought thread

16,288 posts in this topic

Depending on the age of the unit, and money flow, I'd probably go ahead with a new unit. Do you have a packaged unit (all outside) or is it a split system? If you currently have a package heat pump or a/c, switching to a gas pack is easy other than running your gas line. If it's a split, just change the condensing unit/heat pump (depending on what you have). Personally, I'm a fan of dual fuel systems. Also, another thing to keep in mind, is warranty. If you decide on a new unit, most come with a 10 year warranty.

It's a packaged 2 1/2 ton unit. And my gas meter is right next to the ac unit. Getting to it will be the challenge the duct work underneath the house is massive in size compared to the crawl space. I tried getting around last summer when I ran my Comcast line. It was a pain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's a packaged 2 1/2 ton unit. And my gas meter is right next to the ac unit. Getting to it will be the challenge the duct work underneath the house is massive in size compared to the crawl space. I tried getting around last summer when I ran my Comcast line. It was a pain.

Duct work shouldn't be too big of a deal.  The supply and return should be the same size and on the same sides as the existing unit.  Your transitions should either match up, or find a sheetmetal shop to make some up for you.

Spent an hour last night helping my aunt fix her new laptop over the phone. My family + technology = a disaster waiting to happen.... :shake:

JohnC likes this

I've had a crap ton of issues out of my Dell Studio XPS. Thing will crash 2-3 times before I get a successful restart. It blue screen's, freezes, crashes, etc.

I've replaced the HDD, Video card, restored, etc., and still no win! :no:

I have no idea what the issue is. It gave video errors a lot (but lots of others too), but like I said, already replaced it and updated the driver. :shrug:

Spent an hour last night helping my aunt fix her new laptop over the phone. My family + technology = a disaster waiting to happen.... :shake:

Reminds me of when my cousin bought the worn out GLHS.  I was so glad when he sold it.

JohnC likes this

Started digging last night. Not sure I'm close or the water dug a hole 30 ft long. I shut the water off so I'll prob finish after work.

Prob the thing that pisses me off the most is the one part of my yard that has grass is where I'm having to dig.

Edited by Chad

Stupid banks....

agytaqy5.jpg

4aju4u9a.jpg

When was the last time an armed bank robber gave a crap about a no guns sign? And check out the green one.... :lol:

Guess it makes then feel safe. Whatever.... :shake:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So, the pic is "no pistols".  I'd sling a Garand over my shoulder and walk in to open an account...well, I'd rather watch someone else do that on Youtube.  Any volunteers?

Isn't that the truth! ^ :rofl:

I barely got the grass cut today and it started to rain. Knew I wouldn't get to wash the GT today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro