Chad

Random thought thread

16,288 posts in this topic

Compressor isn't kicking on now. Ac dead again. At least its gonna be cold tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Check the capacitor. The side marked Herm goes to the compressor. C is the common. Also, make sure that the contacter is pulling in and that you are getting voltage to the compressor.
JohnC likes this

I feel lucky today, was speeding well over the limit and a cop hiding behind a bridge and exit didn't even try. :fear:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tax season is over, time to rela....wait...lawn needs mowin, yard needs attention in general, got parts layin around for 2 old Mustangs (one isnt even mine) and the ST to put on, sheds fallin apart...yep, guess Ill relax another day, got stuff to do!  At least its more fun than work!

Matt

JohnC and Kpate like this

Vanderbilt University Medical Center's billing dept. is less efficent than the federal government and possibly has more "employees", some of which cannot comprehend the spoken English language.   Or I'm insane.

JohnC likes this

Vanderbilt University Medical Center's billing dept. is less efficent than the federal government and possibly has more "employees", some of which cannot comprehend the spoken English language.   Or I'm insane.

I've dealt with that myself.  Tis true!

Many moons ago I wound up with a credit at univ of tx medical center.  Which they kept billing down as they applied co-pays.  Until it got under $20 they they billed a copay twice so it looked like I owed them.  I walked into the finance department.  They ask who I wanted to speak to and in my best Colonel Potter voice "WHomever's HOME"

I read a little third rate bureaucrat the riot act and all was well.

Kpate likes this

Anybody know of a good place to rent bouncy houses. It's my lil sister birthday tomorrow and she wants one for her party.

Thanks Tino.

Wow! That dude is sort of hard to follow. His mind is all over the place. :meh:

That dude just held the attention of the interviewer and the camera man long enough for the news van to loose 4 wheels, all the electronics, and the engine.

Tino and Kpate like this

I just noticed in that vid...is that a hood scoop on a thing that has a luggage rack?  HUH?  Is that a new twilight zone episode?

Edited by Ashley P

Tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Remember, this is a fenced in area so you can bring your dog to get out of your apartment to run around and _____ and _____?

post-1-0-22328500-1397949057_thumb.jpg

Tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Remember, this is a fenced in area so you can bring your dog to get out of your apartment to run around and _____ and _____?

attachicon.gifdog_park_people.jpg

Someone picnicing where the animals piss n shat..... :ew:  :ew:  :ew:

JohnC likes this

Check the capacitor. The side marked Herm goes to the compressor. C is the common. Also, make sure that the contacter is pulling in and that you are getting voltage to the compressor.

Yeah the cap was good. The compressor is bad. The start winding shorted out to the ground.

My buddy is pricing out a new compressor job vs just do a whole new gas unit since I'm on an electric unit now.

Yeah the cap was good. The compressor is bad. The start winding shorted out to the ground.

My buddy is pricing out a new compressor job vs just do a whole new gas unit since I'm on an electric unit now.

Depending on the age of the unit, and money flow, I'd probably go ahead with a new unit.  Do you have a packaged unit (all outside) or is it a split system?  If you currently have a package heat pump or a/c, switching to a gas pack is easy other than running your gas line.  If it's a split, just change the condensing unit/heat pump (depending on what you have).  Personally, I'm a fan of dual fuel systems.  Also, another thing to keep in mind, is warranty.  If you decide on a new unit, most come with a 10 year warranty.