Chad

Random thought thread

17,465 posts in this topic

I have not a clue. I just heard they were doing things kinda dumb but I wasn't there. I haven't dealt with them so I can't say nothing on behalf

SMH...   I knew them having a "dyno day" would not work out. I've never seen a dyno day where everyone left saying what a great shop that was. It's always a bunch of internet warriors and HP champs that have something to say after the fact.

Reason #1 that I will never have a dyno day when I get my dyno installed.

Cody and JohnC like this

my grandpa had cancer. he shot himself because of the treatment. so what killed him?

Suicide is hard to deal with.

My first wife battled depression and decided one night that was the best way out. It's hard on everyone.

Suicide is hard to deal with.

My first wife battled depression and decided one night that was the best way out. It's hard on everyone.

Wow, I didn't know that.  That's too much for anyone to have to deal with (especially your kids).

JohnC and Ashley P like this

Wow, I didn't know that.  That's too much for anyone to have to deal with (especially your kids).

It was really rough at first. Its something that gets easier with time but never fully goes away. I still haven't told the kids the truth about how she died. They were 7 and 3 at the time and I knew they wouldn't understand. Hell I was an adult and didn't understand it.

I know all about back pain. I rolled a G Body when I was 17. I compressed and fractured some vertebrae in my back (had cracked ribs and bruised kidney and pissing blood too). I can go months maybe even a year with zero problems doing normal stuff anyone else does and then just some silly normal move like reaching out with both hands to carry a box away from your body, or rolling over in bed causes an excruciating pain between my shoulders that no matter how I move or lay, won't go away. It luckily never lasts too long when it does happen, though.

The other pain I have been dealing with is a chainsaw cut from back in 2008 just above my left knee and deep in tot he muscle. I just had changed the blade on the Husky 359 and got the blade oiling good and after cutting a limb over my head, the blade hadn't stopped yet, but my wrist flexed too much while bringing it down with one hand, saw blade angled toward my jeans, caught them and it jerked the **** thing in to my leg. I didn't have numbness or pain right after that, but years later while I was down on my knees painting trim, the whole mid to lower left side of my leg muscle feels like it went numb. Now it's gone in to hurting a lot. Stabbing pains as if I'm being jabbed with a needle(s), throbbing stinging pains, all sorts of weird feelings on top of that, like ice water being poured on it. It's been getting worse lately because I've been having to do a lot more walking at work. I'm going to have a doctor check it out soon because it's really starting to drive me crazy.

Yeah I have only been in 2 accidents that were bad enough to total the cars, my integra was pretty fun though while it lasted, a week after a motor swap it gets totaled.

My issues are daily, I have lived with back pain every day for the last 3 years and it gets worse, I was bent over my regal last year and straightened up to help my wife change her oil (in her car of course hehehe) and both legs went numb and I lost the use of them, granted that lasted less than a minute, but still concerning. I have 4 bulging disks and my spine is deteriorating faster than I am aging, when the surgeon here at Vanderbuilt looked at my MRI after he saw me he though I was making much to do about nothing, then he saw the MRI and he said he would expect a 60-70 year olds back to look like that. Genetics have cursed me haha.

It was really rough at first. Its something that gets easier with time but never fully goes away. I still haven't told the kids the truth about how she died. They were 7 and 3 at the time and I knew they wouldn't understand. Hell I was an adult and didn't understand it.

I had a girlfriend in high school and when i moved to Colorado and we tried to do long distance stuff she would stop taking her manic depressant meds, she left a party one night after calling me and telling me she did not like it there and was going for a drive, well they found her body 6 months later her car went off the road and they identified her by her dental records.

I thought it was ridiculous and never understood depression even when dating her, until last year a Dr. prescribed some stupid medication to help with the reaction I had to a pain killer (this dr pissed me off at this point and I was not happy), I was so depressed, I have never been depressed before, since I did not know what depression was like I had my wife hide the gun just to make sure because it was all kinds of weird thoughts about stupid crap (I almost equated it to being a woman with hormones going nuts). It was such a weird feeling.

I took that medication for two days and realized after a quick google search that the medication can cause severe depression in people who are not really depressed. 

At any rate I can find the bottle of that medication and let you guys know what it is to steer clear of it, but yeah i have a new respect for people who are constantly depressed, the mind can create great things or destroy you.

Edited by ls1adam84

Let's get this thread back on track. :lol:

"Let er rip, let er rip!"

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyt3akhd4-E

Dumbass  :shake:  :shake:  :shake:

As far as the pain med deal, when I had my motorcycle wreck and shattered my shoulder, the ER gave me percocet for the pain and it wouldn't even phase it. :sick: Pretty much gave up after taking three at once. After the shoulder replacement, I had a Q-ball pump cathed between my shoulder blades (was a combo of nerve block and pain med) for 72 hours (basically until the "ball" was emptied). Had that removed and was sent home with a prescrip for pain meds if I needed them. At the time I didn't have any pain in my shoulder so I told the ex I was going to wait until the pain was bad enough to make me puke. Didn't even need them. Still haven't used them to this day. If my shoulder hurts from using it physically too much, I just take a few Advil and call it done. 

ls1adam84 likes this

How much weed are you bringing back with you? Lol

none. I didn't even stop into a dispensary i was so busy drinking beer and driving through the rockies. not at the same time. 

Nice bike! Post more info!

2010 Sportster 48. 4.5 gallon tank, mini apes, baffles removed from stock pipes. Nothing special. Going to get a 2 up seat and some pipes and probably keep it that way until the fall. I did move the mirrors back down low and pushed the apes out a few more inches so my elbows weren't bending as much. 

More pics please! :hyper:

sadly, the only one i have on photobucket currently. I'm sure i'll be taking plenty more in the coming weeks, so i'll update then. 

higherpowerracing likes this

It was probably me because we worked together at Krogers before forums ever existed. (~94)

Hey Mike remember that old comment? Haha Ok sorry man, I am with ya on that though I remember when forums started popping up, it did help finding parts for my 76 Camaro, but the amount of misinformation existed then as it does now.

NFW language

Awesome headbutt at :28 lol

https://youtu.be/dONyv-Cwkoo

Saw that earlier with "Let the bodies hit the floor" dubbed in. That dude is a moron. Mind your own business and call the cops if you're that worried about what someone else is doing....or get a nice headbutt. :lol:

Holy ****

Someone trying to run me over like that or my brother I would not care to get in trouble for beating someone up....that's insane

Reason why I don't ride bikes anymore

JohnC likes this