Chad

Random thought thread

16,227 posts in this topic

So far in the past two weeks

I've been laid off.

My ac unit went out Wednesday.

The wheel hub on the 240 is bad. Doesn't have a mile on it.

Since yesterday I've found a new job closer to home. I believe I have the part to fix the ac unit, and enjuku said they'd warranty the hub. Also sold the jeep to pay for my first semester back to school.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very nice!!!  The last part of it all at least!  I guess I can only sum my recent complaints in one statement.

Its tax season.

Cant wait for it to end and to get back to working my normal 50 hours a week.

Matt

Kpate likes this

Chad, sorry to hear the rough times your having.

All I can tell you is my experience in life when times have got rough.

Usually for me, when things went like what you describe job wise, it opened up a door to better things.

I know it's scary at first losing your job when you have bills to pay, but it will work out for the better if you stay positive, look at it as an opportunity to improve your situation, etc.

As for school, look in to tuition assistance.

There are grants and loans you might qualify for. :yes:

Right now, classes are averaging around $1,000 per after everything is said and done at MTSU.

Fill out the FAFSA and go from there. You'll need to go to the student aid dept and find out what the current process is because I forget it's been so long - I've been going half time and paying out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I went to Vol State a few years ago. I should say I signed up and wasted a lot of money. So financial aid said they couldn't help me this first semester. 

And yeah I'm staying positive about it. Really glad to go back to school and finish.

Stayin positive is the only way to go man.  Too much negative in this world ready to grab you and pull you down to waste your time bothering with it.  Everything works out in the end, ESPECIALLY for those who bust *** and make it happen.  Keep your head up and watch what comes of it all.  I use bad times to remind me to be thankful when its not so bad!

Matt

JohnC likes this

What kind of unit do you have, and what did you find wrong with it?  I ended up working on my Mom's heat, today.  It's a way oversized (about 1 ton to 1 1/2 tons too big), Luxaire DAYA gas pack.  They have a Honeywell SmartValve for a gas valve.  After some age, the terminals lose connection, and it will act like a limit switch is bad.

JohnC likes this

Bad capacitor. It was swollen and I could start the condensor fan by tapping it with a screw driver.

Just had some of the best wedding food. Homemade shrimp gumbo and crawfish pies. The grooms mother is from baton rouge. I think someone said she owns a catering business. Also the cake was prob the best wedding cake I've ever had. I'm going on 40 weddings shot in 3 years so I've had a lot of cake.

JohnC and Kpate like this

Better write down her name and contact info so you  can recommend her to others and you'll get to eat more of her cakes and food in the future! :lol:

Bad capacitor. It was swollen and I could start the condensor fan by tapping it with a screw driver.

Anytime a capacitor starts to swell, you might as well go ahead and change it.

guessing i should request an upfront payment

Definitely. And tell them the quality of their photos depends on their cooperation with your instructions.

It does it in all gears except 4th gear.

Oh, missed that!

I've never heard noise like that coming from a Trans, but it makes me think something broke.

Know how to rebuild a T5?

They seem simple. :yes:

No clue on how to rebuild. I am going to let it sit and finish my coupe

I might do a c4 swap remove the 4.10 gears and instal some 3.27 and install a turbo. I want to see how fast a bone stock long block 302 can go. Nitrous and turbo hell yeah.

And what did you post in the test thread? All I see is a big black square.

JohnC likes this