Red Z28

From Lebanon

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I was on Tnrace but i didnt post much at all. I used to have a v6 '94 camaro convertible. It was a beater and got old fast, so i sold it and bought a 1997 z28. I purchased it from the original owner and its got 112k miles on it. It's in good shape except the roof and the front bumper where the bra was. Sometime i would like to get a new set of wheels for it and eventually mods, but i'm a tight wad so we'll see how that goes.  

CF70A862-229D-412E-83CC-328E338ABCCB.png

JohnC likes this

Welcome! That's a clean Z28! :up:

What mods will be done? :love:

Thanks guys! Like i said, eventually i will, but right now i'm a bit of a tight wad lol. I have been doing some research on the le2 head and cam package lately though, and it seems promising. I still have to get opinions and info from folks that have had experience with it first though.

JohnC likes this

Sure does.

Are the LT1's iron block and heads, iron block aluminum heads, or all aluminum?

I'd just go snag one of those cheap LSx 6.0 truck engines, freshen it up, do a cam and toss it in. I know easier said than done, but seems a cheap way to gain some cubes and power. :up:

Are the LT1's iron block and heads, iron block aluminum heads, or all aluminum?

I'd just go snag one of those cheap LSx 6.0 truck engines, freshen it up, do a cam and toss it in. I know easier said than done, but seems a cheap way to gain some cubes and power. :up:

As far as i know, iron block with aluminum heads. and yeah, that would be pretty nice lol.

JohnC likes this

Get the le2 head and cam package. Get him to port your intake while he is at it. Should make close to 400 whp after that. I was so close to do that with my lt1 when I had it

JohnC likes this

Get the le2 head and cam package. Get him to port your intake while he is at it. Should make close to 400 whp after that. I was so close to do that with my lt1 when I had it

Just curious, how long do you think my tranny and rear would last with 400 whp lol?

Not a clue. I lost thirst gear with just bolt ons. And I am making over 400 whp now and my rear hasn't blown yet

ah. if i go le2 package, would i need a massive cam for that 400whp?

Cody likes this