higherpowerracing

1961 F100 Driver Project 61 f100/04 crown vic driver project

Rate this topic:

498 posts in this topic

Well some of you guys knew this was coming but I figured I'd start here. I wanted one of these trucks for ever I almost bought one before I bought the Cougar and honestly I have been searching for one ever since. I will go pick up the truck this Saturday today I picked up the 03 Police Interceptor. The plan is to take the body off of the Crown Vic frame and put it under the F 100 body. Utilizing all the running gear and engine and electronics from the Crown Vic this car is not as complete as I wanted it to be as it has engine troubles but for 250 bucks I'm not complaining. The suspension on the Crown Vic is similar to the Mustang ll in the front the police interceptor has bigger sway bars + 12 inch dual piston caliper front brakes the rear of the car is a four link style setup I will get plenty of pictures when I take the body off. Here are a few pictures of it as I picked it up.

9d3e9bb912fc2d3393487470fdfbb64e.jpg

b86000d1c1637bbc931155ca3aaba946.jpg

f0700cf6f49c9701323b5ec720c464e9.jpg

1fe858d7be10bbe0a343df52c2e8d49e.jpg

ce2d54330244f09abfa0016c878e9fa0.jpg

3e868ef4c00ae89c8ca9b851e45c65fe.jpg

Tino and Cody like this

I used to ride in one of those old Ford F100's.

My Dad bought one for a few hundred from his work that had been used by the diesel mechanic there to haul and run for parts. It had an inline six in it. I swear it never needed anything much done to it aside from general maintenance.

It sucked, but some young dude got a new TA back in the 80's and thought he was Nightrider, was swerving in and out of traffic, and when my Dad slowed to turn in a shopping center, he nailed them hard.

Will be following this one. :love:

higherpowerracing likes this

Cameronvic who is a member here, but never posts, just bought a running white cop car. Wonder if he'll need anything off yours. He has the silver LS swapped Crown Vic also.

Can you get in contact with him to see if he needs any body parts?

Lmfao, you bought the one with "electrical problems won't start". You just got it from Hopkinsville police department. I bought unit 66, the one with a "bad Trans". You there's a couple things that yours may have that are in better condition. 615-828-2110. Text or call me if you could please and thanks.

OMG Hopkinsville!!!!! I thought that 33 looked familiar, some of my old work lol, if it is what i THINK it is I want the Panasonic stuff, theyre proprietary and only work with their stuff

Can you get in contact with him to see if he needs any body parts?

Lmfao, you bought the one with "electrical problems won't start". You just got it from Hopkinsville police department. I bought unit 66, the one with a "bad Trans". You there's a couple things that yours may have that are in better condition. 615-828-2110. Text or call me if you could please and thanks.

Ask and ye shall recieve. Magic.

Cody likes this

Yeah if by "has electrical problems" you mean the engine has jumped time and the trans is in the trunk then yeah it has electrical problems lol

I'll hit you up tomorrow.

Lmfao! Wonder if the trans is scrap. I saw that one was sitting a little higher in the front. Hahah. My boss has an f100 that he wants to do this to. So any and all updates will be much appreciated!

How is the driver window switch? And how's the driver side mirror

higherpowerracing likes this

Phone number is in post #11. Everything he likely told you about it is exactly what's done to it. I have the same build behind my 750 whp crown Vic, and I'm not worried about hurting it. Just make sure you verify fluid level relative to the dip stick, check fluid level often, and get the shifter cable adjusted correctly and you'll be fine.

Cody likes this

OMG Hopkinsville!!!!! I thought that 33 looked familiar, some of my old work lol, if it is what i THINK it is I want the Panasonic stuff, theyre proprietary and only work with their stuff

It's missing the hard drive and camera. I have the monitor and electronics.

Lmfao! Wonder if the trans is scrap. I saw that one was sitting a little higher in the front. Hahah. My boss has an f100 that he wants to do this to. So any and all updates will be much appreciated!

How is the driver window switch? And how's the driver side mirror

Perfect condition