Rate this topic:

809 posts in this topic

I'm far from famous lol just busy with life. Redoing everything on the car and have a kid on the way, and started a new job about a month ago. 

Car ran 8.78 at 155 on 19 lbs with the s485. Didn't want to make any more boost because of back pressure. (That's with a converter to tight, dropping from 7200 to 5500 during the shift) so I decided I was going to put a fi s488/100 on it with the 1.45 ar tial v band housing. Got the housing and got an amazing deal on a fi gt55 with 1 pass in it. About 1000 less than what a new one cost (was pretty much new). So I bought that and it's gone crazy since. Going all 2.5 stainless with manifold headers and a 5 inch down pipe. Also changed the floor and driveshaft. I had a u joint explode on the dyno. So out goes the 3 inch chromoly with 1310s and came in a 4 inch aluminum with 1350s u joints everywhere. Had to cut the floor up and redo the tunnel for it to fit. Got a digital dash that fit in the stock location. The rear suspension is a lot safer and stronger now. Went with sliders with crossmembers to stiffen everything up. 

FB_IMG_1548124883417.jpg

20190123_171458.jpg

Tino and Ashley P like this

Dude, good to hear from ya!   Neat (as usual) car.   Kid on the way...CONGRATS!   Nothing slows a car down like PRIORITIES.....here's to hopin' you keep them in order. ;) 

Ya gotta vid of that beast?  If you give us a wheelie vid we'll leave you alone for another year... :) 

I got a new phone in December so I dont have anything on this phone. Let me see if I can get them off it. I did a bad wheelie and almost hit the wall. Changes shocks in all 4 corners and no more wheelies lol also bought a new house in may. It's been a busy year.

As for the kid I am trying to get the car race ready and be done doing stuff to it for a long time. It's a girl 

6898.jpeg

JohnC likes this

^ Hey, we've seen that old pic, your not off the hook yet.  :D

How's the house/property?  Maybe you were about to sign for it last I heard...

Well not much has happened. Car is slowly getting worked and I'm hating my new set up. I regret changing at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

6 hours ago, Cody said:

Well none of my pictures loaded....

Use Tapatalk picture upload...

Might allow full size. 

I need to update this forum soon.....

Use Tapatalk picture upload...

Might allow full size. 

I need to update this forum soon.....

It will only let me load one at a time

Bet it'll stop much better now. :yes: 

Was it scary stopping with the old shoe brakes? :fear: 

It really was because one didn't work well lol

JohnC likes this

Had the car on the dyno last weekend. Have some fuel issues which I think is electrical. With e85, base pressure of 43, magnafuel 4303 with an aem 380 to help, real bosch 210s I was at 75% injector duty. I think there is some noise of something somewhere. The pump was rebuilt by magnafuel this winter and I have brand new 210s. Car made just over 800 on a 10 psi spring though. This gt55 is letting it breathe now. 13dfc87a7ae271c647126212699fff92.jpg633659beaf3b48a9d210e9e48663f5ca.jpg

Tino and Ashley P like this

Dyno-schmyno.   Put me and a clutch pedal in that thing at the track and I'll tell you how much power it makes!  lol  (It would quickly peg my butt dyno.)

Dyno-schmyno.   Put me and a clutch pedal in that thing at the track and I'll tell you how much power it makes!  lol  (It would quickly peg my butt dyno.)

Glad I went to the dyno first. I had a regulator mess up my computer was adding 50% more fuel and was still lean.

figure out the injector issue?

I'm not sure yet. Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it. I'm hoping so but who knows.