Rate this topic:

748 posts in this topic

I am still not clear on what you want out of the car. "Streetable" means different things to different people. I'm of the mindset to keep it as simple as possible. Looking at what you already have, I've lean towards a 5.3LS with good HCI, 4L60E or a Manual trans, and that would get that car into the 6's. I'd run the stock EFI if at all possible for the best starting and driving at the possible sacrifice of a few HP. My rough plan there would put the car into the 6.70 range for about $7K. But, you'd be able to drive it cross country and do the Hot Rod Power Tour if you wanted.

I want something very similar to barry's blazer. That's streetable to me. And I don't want to do a manual. I had one in my other nova and it just wasn't fun. 4l80 wouldn't be out of the question but I don't want a 60. I would want to do a turbo 400 because that's one less computer controlled thing to worry about. Also cheaper

I want something very similar to barry's blazer. That's streetable to me. And I don't want to do a manual. I had one in my other nova and it just wasn't fun. 4l80 wouldn't be out of the question but I don't want a 60. I would want to do a turbo 400 because that's one less computer controlled thing to worry about. Also cheaper

Computer controlled isn't bad. Get some software and do adjustments from a laptop in the drivers seat. Much better than popping the pan off and doing shift kits and crap like that. :up:

Plus, these newer trans are quite tough and can take a bit of power and still be streetable.

Computer controlled isn't bad. Get some software and do adjustments from a laptop in the drivers seat. Much better than popping the pan off and doing shift kits and crap like that. :up:

Plus, these newer trans are quite tough and can take a bit of power and still be streetable.

I would just have the shift kit put in the same time I got it built. Once it's done just throw it in and leave it alone
JohnC likes this

. And I don't want to do a manual. I had one in my other nova and it just wasn't fun.

Sorry, there's NO help for you!   :winkgrin:

I'm not getting your "th400 so it's less computer" but yet you want to go to the trouble to go LS and EFI...??

Working with what you have: trade high compression alcohol parts for lower compression blower parts, install centrifugal blower, blow through and re-jet carb, trade powerslide for th400.

Cody likes this

That's prolly the plan. And here it is 6.0 with square port heads, Holley Hi ram intake, btr valve train, turbo 400/4l80, PTC converter, and either Holley efi or stock computer depending on if I get a 6.0 4l80 computer

Stock heads? I'd go 4l80 if it were me. Do turbo 400s have od?

Edited by slim_9916

Stock heads? I'd go 4l80 if it were me. Do turbo 400s have od?

Stock ls3 heads, maybe ported depending on how much I spend. And no turbo 400 do not have od. But later down the road I could do a gear vendor

So, are you going to turbo this? If so, you don't need the 6.0. The 5.3 would be great with turbo. Cubes don't really matter so much once boost is added. Use the extra money you save for a nicer turbo and you'll be ahead of the 6.0.

Cody likes this

Nice.

Once I get caught up with all my bills I'll start buying parts for mine

T minus until Tino gets a full size HD truck to lift the front wheel off the ground. :lol:

Cody and Tino like this