Raceall

Hot Rod Reunion

15 posts in this topic

Anybody going to try and head to Bowling Green for Hot Rod Reunion?  The forecast is looking like a washout.  I'm undecided about risking it.

Go!  And if it rains, use one of your shoes to cover the track, the other to cover the pit/show area.  Hero!

Oh, if the area floods, use your shoes as barges to float all people/cars to higher ground.   Hero x 2!

And if it doesn't rain, you get to enjoy racing with your shoes on.

Disney likes this

11.  Tomorrow.

Is this related: it's been since Tennesspeed day 2005 since I've driven on a drag strip.   Hmmmm.....

I had almost considered taking off, and going, tomorrow, but the forecast for rain is just as bad or worse.  I'm going to play it by ear, but at this point, I doubt I risk it.

We ended up going, after all.  We got to the track just as the were finishing track prep, and just in time for the start of 1st round.  So, I guess my timing was pretty good.  It wasn't near as bad as some years, but it was fairly hot and muggy.  The car show and midway were about 1/4 of the size as normal, but the racing was still good.  I'm sure the weather scared a lot of people away.  All in all, a good time as usual.