Cr25ovet

your favorite restaurants

193 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

My stomach dr. said I'm making too much stomach acid so he gave a a higher prescription dose of prilosec.  That and I've gained all the weight back I lost earlier this year.

I get to get a scope shoved down my stomach after thanksgiving to see if he can see any medical reasons for the extra acid.

Caffeine can cause more acid... Drink a lot of coffee or sodas?

Problem with those acid inhibitors is they treat the symptom and not the root cause 9 times out of 10.

Then, watch out for long term use damage to your body by using the drug approach to fix it: http://www.drugdangers.com/proton-pump-inhibitors/prilosec-lawsuit

If you feel acid reflux, you can use a natural remedy which I think is baking soda and water. I've done it and it works great.

If you feel you're not digesting food, do the enzymes I posted about.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, JohnC said:

I might test that theory.... Try it one more time? :panic::fear:

I'm game for lunch one day

JohnC likes this

i originally took it to show my wife what she wasn't eating for lunch. you all were an after thought. i'll try to do better next time.

Disney likes this

On 11/12/2016 at 9:25 AM, Mike said:

My stomach dr. said I'm making too much stomach acid so he gave a a higher prescription dose of prilosec.  That and I've gained all the weight back I lost earlier this year.

I get to get a scope shoved down my stomach after thanksgiving to see if he can see any medical reasons for the extra acid.

Funny to see this.  This diagnosis by the stomach doctor was pure bullshit. The prilosec he gave me made it much worse.  I slowly quit taking any stomach stuff; acid reducers, probiotics etc.  It took a few months to reduce the extra bloating and pain the prilosec caused.  In September, I yet again decided I'd had enough with the stomach issues and never ending weight gain.  I decided to try the keto diet.  Basically zero carbs, lots of fat, moderate protein.  Since then I've lost 54lbs.  I have zero stomach issues.  I could literally drink a bottle of hot sauce and it wouldn't phase my stomach.  I feel like new money.  I just can't really eat out anymore.  It's near impossible to have a super low carb meal eating out.

The Diner seems like an overpriced hipster Waffle House.  I walk by there all the time and rarely see many people in there.  I think it's there mostly to feed the hipsters living in all the new high rise overpriced condos around there.  If you want some place special to take your wife, go to the Capitol Grill in the Hermitage Hotel.

Tino, Disney, JohnC and 1 other like this