Ashley P

Any gardeners?

109 posts in this topic

His car is a Monte Carlo, goober. That does not make my car a shebby. ;)  

Gardening:  Tomato worms!   Didn't see any Saturday, and Sunday night 3 were on one plant (what's left of it).

According to my signature I should not be surprised.  My corn has been eaten by deer/coons.  :smirk:  The sweet corn, that is.  The field corn expressly FOR deer didn't even sprout.

The pics aren't that good but I can some tomatoes from my garden this weekend.  I also made 6 pints of salsa but didn't get a pic.  I also made some jalapeno poppers from some of my peppers.

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

Ashley P likes this

7 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

i had horrible tomato luck this year. peppers thrived though.

Mine are doing good this year.  I had bad luck with squash and zucchini.

I don't know what happened. they were producing good and looking great. They would get about half grown and the stem would start to rot.

15 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

I don't know what happened. they were producing good and looking great. They would get about half grown and the stem would start to rot.

That's an example of why I kick myself for not learning from the old timers (great depression survivors) that, even after a comfortable retirement, still gardened like their life depended on it. 

keiths2kgt and JohnC like this

Lately the tomato worms have wreaked havoc.  I went chemical warfare last night.  The raised bed had been relatively immune to them, largely because the cages served as bird perches in an open yard; birds would work all through the tomatoes picking off bugs.