Ashley P

Any gardeners?

109 posts in this topic

Wow, second page and nobody mentioned growing pot.  We are all grown up here. :)

Which reminds me. Seen a lot of cars headed to Bonnaroo and I imagined there was probably a lot of dope headed that way. Most of them looked like they were in their 20's and dressed like white Bob Marley's. :rofl:

snapped some phone pics yesterday.

very small garden but likely to grow a lot more next year. just wanted to see if we could do it from the seeds first.

attachicon.gif20150610_190425.jpg

attachicon.gif20150610_190449.jpg

attachicon.gif20150610_190515.jpg

attachicon.gif20150610_190527.jpg

attachicon.gif20150610_190654.jpg

Dude! Buddy! Hommie! Mang! ..... That looks awesome! The rain has helped I see! bet they'll be tasty! :yum:

Wow, second page and nobody mentioned growing pot.  We are all grown up here. :)

I thought it curious that the person who said they supported legal pot was growing many things from seeds...  ;)

To you folks in suburban Nashville:  is "farm fresh" produce readily available?  Farmers markets and such?

I thought it curious that the person who said they supported legal pot was growing many things from seeds...  ;)

To you folks in suburban Nashville:  is "farm fresh" produce readily available?  Farmers markets and such?

Yes, there is a great farmers market just north of the capitol building.  But, you have to be careful, over half of the vendors are just selling grocery store chain vegetables.  I buy most everything from the Smileys stand, they are a big farming family just outside of Greenbrier/ Springfield.  The best corn I've had comes from the Mennonites near Lawrenceburg, they set up roadside stands when it's in season.

just because I support it doesn't mean I partake :lol:

as anti government as you are I figured you would support anything they're against 100% :D

JohnC likes this

Which reminds me. Seen a lot of cars headed to Bonnaroo and I imagined there was probably a lot of dope headed that way. Most of them looked like they were in their 20's and dressed like white Bob Marley's. :rofl:

my first time in 6 years that I'm missing it. not to happy about it!

JohnC likes this

just because I support it doesn't mean I partake :lol:

as anti government as you are I figured you would support anything they're against 100% :D

lol!  So you say....lol! :tired:

Hey, which logical fallacy is "as anti government as you are..."?      A straw man?    It's not logical, nor is it true, sir.   :) 

I don't do dope, but I see weed no worse than alcohol, so I'm for legalization. :up:

It'll be one less thing the Govt can criminalize folks for.

So I should be for alcohol prohibition? 

Near the end of growing season, how'd the gardens fare?

The family that wanted to share in my garden did not help hardly at all,  so my extra large planting did more harm than good.  I gave up weeding months ago and only froze 50 pints of corn, 0 tomato, a few quarts of beans.  I did toss some rotten tomatoes in the air and shoot (at) 'em...cheaper than clays...

Near the end of growing season, how'd the gardens fare?

The family that wanted to share in my garden did not help hardly at all,  so my extra large planting did more harm than good.  I gave up weeding months ago and only froze 50 pints of corn, 0 tomato, a few quarts of beans.  I did toss some rotten tomatoes in the air and shoot (at) 'em...cheaper than clays...

Got a nice sprig of basil growing out of a flower pot... You?

My wife and I do a decent backyard garden every year.  Tomatoes, onion, okra, squash, zuc, potatoes, sweet potatoes, various hot peepers, and bell peppers.

How do you make the stuff?

I read on Tabasco site once that they distill their own vinegar, a stronger more potent version specifically for their hot sauce.

I just get and bunch of my hot peppers, vinegar, water, onion, garlic and salt.  then boil it in a fry daddy outside for about 2 hours.  then throw it all in a blender.  Then pour it into jars...done.  Freakin awesome if you love hot sauce!

Edited by keiths2kgt