5.SLO

Hello from Nashville! (Foxbody Content Inside)

36 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!  I was recommended to come check out this site by Joey Armstrong (not sure what his screen name is).  I moved to Nashville about a year ago and am looking to check out the car scene around here.  Foxbody Mustangs are my weak spot, but I dig anything, foreign or domestic, that's cleanly modded.

Here are my two money pits...  a 1992 Mustang GT and a 1985 Mercury Marquis Wagon.  I bought the mustang about 6 years ago and it just had 373 gears, x-pipe, flowmasters, and a shifter.  The wagon was my grandparents car that they drove for years.  Then they parked it in the woods and it sat there for 10 years. 

The short rundown for the Mustang is: 

130k mile stock bottom end

Vortech S-Trim (12.5lbs of boost)

TFS 190cc heads

TFS R Intake

Tremec 3550 Trans

Built 8.8

H&R Race Springs

Bilstein Shocks & Struts

550rwhp & 483lbft tq

Wagon:

Stock block 306

Built bottom end

Pro Comp 190cc heads

Victor Jr Intake

Quick Fuel 650cfm carb

76mm On3 Turbo kit (under construction)

Built C4, reverse manual valve body, 3,800 stall convertor

Built 8.8

Team Z anti roll bar

D&D Tubular K member and Tubular A-arms

Strange 10 way shocks and struts

A6E359FB-8F57-4349-B965-865E912356EB_zps

Edited_zpsstfdl6x7.jpg

B4196963-DF1B-4790-A13A-960F6D7911A4_zps

641ec3afa075f9117a5995f832025065_zps6ba6

E03F9A76-63D7-40D6-90F7-D651632C7C32_zps

984014DB-05B4-4436-8BB0-8A1C5EBF7CA2_zps

Pic%201_zps7nka0tnl.jpg

Pic%203_zpszuuyltec.jpg

F3834A84-26B2-4AA7-A39E-076AC7891753_zps

89540BEF-A893-4AF7-8A53-725ADE8A9AD9_zps

10869573_10101675515825017_1587756335791

6C0FDE3E-A9D0-45F2-A48C-27403ABB0E20_zps

E1AC3937-3814-4D1F-AD89-4320D126F83A_zps

mstrpth likes this

Welcome!!! 

I'm Joey BTW

Thanks! 

How do you like the r888's 

That what I eventually want on my car when its done.

I love them.  Once they get a little heat in them, they grip amazingly well.  I'm super impressed! 

Welcome to the forum! Very nice rides! :w00t:

I love that green and gray 5.0! :love:

Thanks!!! 

So how long did it take to bring the wagon back to life?

About 4 months.  I had a LOT of help :lol:

Welcome and that wagon is sweet lol

Thanks! 

JohnC and Cody like this

You are welcome lol which is faster?

At the current moment, the Mustang is faster since the wagon is torn apart.  I originally planned on spraying the wagon, but never finished the nitrous install.  It hasn't been 100% since it got put together.  The C4 that's currently in it was supposed to be "built" but ended up being a piece of junk, so I bought a freshly built one to go back in it.  Since finishing the first round of mods, I've honestly only driven it a couple times because the trans wouldn't allow me to beat on it.  

Since I don't really know anyone in Nashville that has experience with turbo kits, installing it by myself seemed a bit overwhelming.  So I brought it to a good friend of mine in NC to install the turbo kit and take care of other odds and ends while it's there.

I'm thinking the wagon should run low 7's and maybe really high 6's when it's all said and done.  I made a pass on slicks in the Mustang a couple years ago.  It ran a 7.2 @ 96 or 97... it also broke a wheel stud on that pass, so it was the only one I made :lol:

Edited by 5.SLO
higherpowerracing, Cody and JohnC like this

Just curious, but if they still make the bread box upper intakes, why don't folks run them anymore on boosted cars?

I know short runner intakes kill n/a low end power, but figured it wouldn't matter with boost. Id think a bread box intake would give you more room to work and less weight. :yes:

Just dumping out thoughts here. :D

The wagon is very cool. I like the Mustang too, minus the chrome rims. But I know everybody has different taste ;)

I actually love the chrome wheels. :yes:

Just curious, but if they still make the bread box upper intakes, why don't folks run them anymore on boosted cars?

I know short runner intakes kill n/a low end power, but figured it wouldn't matter with boost. Id think a bread box intake would give you more room to work and less weight. :yes:

Just dumping out thoughts here. :D

I honestly don't have enough knowledge to properly answer that.  TFS still makes a breadboxish intake.  It's a boxed TFS-R.   I have heard that the boxed intakes do well with boost, but the current combo already makes more than enough power to make the inside parts meet the outside parts, so I haven't researched them much. 

The wagon is very cool. I like the Mustang too, minus the chrome rims. But I know everybody has different taste ;)

Minus the chrome pony's?  To me, those are the only wheels that look good on every Foxbody Mustang.  :cheers:

Edited by 5.SLO
Mike and JohnC like this

Welcome Dylan...I'm on the Fairmont fb page, Turbo mustangs fb page, HarleyF150 fb page, 03-04 Cobra page...you get the picture....lol. Love your wagon...

Casey

Edited by 8liter
JohnC and Cody like this