JohnC

Next Track Meet

19 posts in this topic

Well, we got rained out on our first track meet, so let's plan another. :up:

What track do you guys want to meet at next?

When? Let's try at least 4 weeks out so everyone can plan, get time off, ready their hot rods, etc. :yes:

Once I have a list of tracks and dates, I'll start a poll for the final count.

Do you guys want to do a lunch before or after the meet, or grill burgers in the pit? Opinions?

i can only do fri or sat evenings cause i work both days. clarksville has the best hooking track around but i know the hill is closer to all of you fools

Friday and Saturdays work perfect for me as well. :up:

Saturdays is better for me cause I work at nights all weekdays, but I can take off just need a week in advance to give notice at work

Voting for Beacon dragway in Paducah the first or second week of August.  Why?  We usually need rain then.... 

The last 6 out of the last 7 Buick races have had rain, 5 were rained out completely.  Makes me glad I'm not chasing a race class anymore.  But I think if they would schedule a few Buick races in Southern California that could fix the drought.

The last 6 out of the last 7 Buick races have had rain, 5 were rained out completely.  Makes me glad I'm not chasing a race class anymore.  But I think if they would schedule a few Buick races in Southern California that could fix the drought.

I wonder if the rain odds are the highest for a race involving mostly Buicks because so many are black?   So Cal should have a "black car race & show" event...didn't they have one in TX last week?

Did they close it down?

They announced today they won't be open until someone new leases it. So as soon. As I get my car done I don't have anywhere to race

I wonder if the rain odds are the highest for a race involving mostly Buicks because so many are black?   So Cal should have a "black car race & show" event...didn't they have one in TX last week?

California outlawed black paint so that won't work.

They announced today they won't be open until someone new leases it. So as soon. As I get my car done I don't have anywhere to race

Just nowhere that close....

Just nowhere that close....

There is one is Gleason but they do not do test and tune. So I have to go to Clarksville/Memphis/Nashville