higherpowerracing

I have motorcycle ADHD!! Street bike guys help me thread.

38 posts in this topic

So I have been looking at street bikes. I have found that I am like a kid in a candy shop changing my mind every time I see something shinny so tell what bike you bought and why please.

These catch my eye over all the rest right now but I don't really know any thing about them. https://nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/5022159898.html

In the past I have owned a dual sport (xr650) and a CBR600F4I

I have ridden a HD street bob, road king, heritage softtail, elect. glide, and street glide

Also a gxr1000, RC51 Katana 750 (I think it was a 750)

My problem is I like to sit back and ride but I also like to drag the pegs...

HELP!!!! lol

I like all the 1000cc rockets...

R1

CBR 1000RR

GSX-R 1000

So personally, with drivers today distracted by cellphones, touchscreens, etc., I'd rather have the best performing bike (brakes, turning, acceleration, etc.,) so maybe I have a chance to maneuver out of a bad situation should it arise. :yes:

Parts for them are getting harder to come by Joey. Friend of mine had his stolen two nights ago from Lincoya Bay apartments in Hermitage. Sad to say that as hard as it is to find them and/ or parts, his might wind up being a parts bike before its said and done. :livid:

I tried to find it and not much luck other than old reviews.

Then I noticed Buell is no more. I didn't even know this...

THE JOURNEY ENDS HERE.

On October 30, 2009, Buell Motorcycle Company closed its doors, bringing an end to a 26-year run. Thanks to all of our customers, dealers and employees for an unforgettable ride.

Yeah, Buell was the red headed stepchild of Harley Davidson until they closed the doors in 09. Some parts can cross over due to them using Sportster engines but chassis/ suspension/ brake parts are getting hard to find. 

I wouldn't mind having a Buell Blast (single cylinder) to knock around town on....

Yeah, Buell was the red headed stepchild of Harley Davidson until they closed the doors in 09. Some parts can cross over due to them using Sportster engines but chassis/ suspension/ brake parts are getting hard to find.

I wouldn't mind having a Buell Blast (single cylinder) to knock around town on....

The blast is super cheap too

Parts for them are getting harder to come by Joey. Friend of mine had his stolen two nights ago from Lincoya Bay apartments in Hermitage. Sad to say that as hard as it is to find them and/ or parts, his might wind up being a parts bike before its said and done. :livid:

There is a blue one that just showed up on Craigslist?

Buell's problem was that it never could compete with the other sport bikes.  There were a lot of innovations that he did but he chose the wrong power train to put on the thing.

We they shut the H-D section down I believe it was Rotax he partnered with, but I don't think they ever competed in MotoGP and the like.  I think when it was with H-D they actually started a Buell only racing series where they could be competitive.