Funny of the day

Ashley P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got an 85ish yo cousin (who is a character)  and she told a funny story.   In her super small community in the 1940s  her neighbor was the phone operator.  When she'd go over there to visit, especially about supper prep time, the woman would let her sit at the switchboard.  She said that two of her classmates were super shy, a boy and a girl, so she'd plug their lines together and ring both phones.   So helpful!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She'll be terrible for AZ. 

Two weeks ago I was in AZ for work. I went to dinner and stumbled upon a bike cruise in. Talked to some people there and brought up their Gov election. I can say that the bikers I talked to do not like Hobbs. Interesting note, there was a contingent of Hell's Angels present. Maybe 5-6 of them.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife's family in E TN used to have family reunions.   At a reunion of a few dozen adults in a small fellowship hall of a church, I got to talk to a man of about 97 years old.  I got to ask him about WWII.   The background noise of people talking was terrible, but I sat beside him and listened to his very weak voice describe training, transport, and finally combat in Germany.  He got shot through the bicep.  He showed me the scars.  I was sitting so close to his face that he sometimes spit on me as I cupped my ear to hear him.  I didn't care, I was focused.

A month later my wife showed me the "whole family photo".   Everyone was there, and all but two were standing.   The two people sitting were nearly nose to nose separated by about 45 years.  They didn't have a clue the photo was taken.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...