shortbusondubs

cigar smokers?

7 posts in this topic

just seeing if anyone else was into the hobby/habit. i've been smoking and collecting cigars for around 5 years or so. i smoke when i get the chance, typically 1-2 a week if it's hectic, and quite a few more if i have the free time. 

so, anyone else?

what brands do you smoke? where do you smoke? any interest in a local herf? pairings? etc. 

thanks in advance. i hope i can gauge some interest and meet some other folks that enjoy the leaf. 

I smoked cigars until I met my wife. She has asthma and she absolutely HATES smoke, so only time I get to enjoy one is when I go to my Dads house or he wants to go pick up some cigars at the Cigar Club. Because I'm never with him long enough to finish one, I end up just buying the tiny Macanudo's that come in the small tins now. 

My standard was Macanudo Robust in Churchill size, but the Cigar Club never carries them anymore since the new ownership took over.

I'll say this now. Cohiba is over-rated. :duck:

I can't recall all the cigars I've smoked, but I've had some super pricey ones back when I used to drop a couple hundred per visit at the Cigar Club back in the late 90's. 

Met a gun celebrity at The Cigar Club one day. Hickok45

post-1-0-13076500-1430426096.jpg

At Franklin Cigar working on a Fuente like a year ago

post-1-0-63229600-1430425941_thumb.jpg

I rarely buy one that size anymore, like I said.

I did a long time ago but I rolled my own " tobacco" in them lol

didn't we all. i don't think i could ever use a high quality cigar for just a "wrapper". 

I smoked cigars until I met my wife. She has asthma and she absolutely HATES smoke, so only time I get to enjoy one is when I go to my Dads house or he wants to go pick up some cigars at the Cigar Club. Because I'm never with him long enough to finish one, I end up just buying the tiny Macanudo's that come in the small tins now. 

My standard was Macanudo Robust in Churchill size, but the Cigar Club never carries them anymore since the new ownership took over.

I'll say this now. Cohiba is over-rated. :duck:

I can't recall all the cigars I've smoked, but I've had some super pricey ones back when I used to drop a couple hundred per visit at the Cigar Club back in the late 90's. 

if my fiance hated smoke, she'd have to hit the road. lol. 

i don't think i've had anything macanudo. i've seen some of the "fresh pak" type **** in the gas stations within the last year or so, but haven't tried them. 

cohiba is hit or miss. the non cuban cohiba are **** cigars to me. i can get legit cubans to my door for incredibly cheap. i always thought cubans were so expensive. wrong. 

I got really drunk one time and went in to a cigar shop trying to buy weed with a buddy (for him). that count?

For him is accurate as at the time, I was tested often.

JohnC likes this

I got really drunk one time and went in to a cigar shop trying to buy weed with a buddy (for him). that count?

For him is accurate as at the time, I was tested often.

:rofl:

I am a Cigar smoker. I usually enjoy 2-3 a day, sometimes more. Weekends... Might be 5 on a saturday?

My daily go-to smoke is a Gispert Robusto. Buy them buy the box, 2 at a time. probably 3 boxes a month.

I have tried many many MANY different sticks while trying to develop my flavor profile. Some hits, some misses. I do enjoy going to brick and mortar stores and trying new smokes. I am a frugal smoker though, so I don't smoke a lot of the $9-up sticks. I guess RyJ is fancy for me.  :baller:

JohnC likes this