Kevin

Wanted: Small pickup

15 posts in this topic

I am looking for a small pickup.  It doesn't really matter what it is.  I don't care if the paint is good as long as it is solid.

Here are my preferences:

1.  4 cylinder (fuel efficient)

2.  manual transmission

3.  2wd

4.  shortbed

5.  reliable

6.  cheap

7.  AC

Preferences 1, 5, and 6 are the most important.  Let me know if you have something or know someone who does.

Edited by Kevin

I see Toyotas that seem to be in better condition than other brands.  People seem to take care of them better for some reason.  They are usually more costly than the other brands too.  I've noticed the Pre-Tacoma era is more reasonable.  I'd consider Nissan, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Ford, or Chevy.  As much as I like Dakotas, they are a little larger and less fuel efficient.  4 bangers in those trucks are painful.  I could live with an early 4 banger Dakota I guess.  I'd also consider a really cheap economy car.

Edited by Kevin

A friend of mine has a Buick Century that his grandmother bought new in 1995.  It has around 85k on the clock, everything works great, and he wants $1200.  I'm going to take a look at it.

A BUICK?!?    How old are you?? 

:winkgrin:

Mike likes this

Is that why you like Pontiac's? You just don't know any better?

Maybe, or maybe because I appreciate torque.   Oh, since you like Fords I probably need to explain what torque is.....I'll just say it provides the ability to pass a Ford without downshifting.  Or keep a Chevy from passing without downshifting.  Or, in an attempt to get Fox bodies to race a GTO, sometimes I'd promise to take off in 2nd gear and skip to 4th.  It let 'em get closer...

Edited by Ashley P
higherpowerracing likes this